• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Raul took a 30% pay cut for a year. Özil talks about being right for not taking one because of the job cuts that have now occurred, so why doesn’t he take the cut now and say he wants that money to go to those peoples wages? Make himself look even more of the good guy. £2m probably covers most of them.

He never intended on taking one. He was going to wait it out a year and then jet off into the sunset.

That would have been the smartest move tbf as soon as the club released the statement about the redundancies he should have took the pay cut, I’m sure he would be classed as the good guy then.

A lot of similarities to when RVP went to the media as he had enough of Ivan Gazidis, I think the club are going to try and fast track his exit now by pay him off ASAP as there’s the risk of him leaking more information to the media.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What you are saying is, who cares about basic human lives? I want my Willian in an Arsenal shirt next season.

Houston Rockets got hit the same when their general manager came out in support of the Hong Kong protests but they stood by him. And they have a huge fanbase in China as well because of Yao Ming.

That was one of the most disgusting moments as an Arsenal fan. Absolutely ashamed of it.

The key difference is Morley made the following statement

"My tweets are my own and in no way represent the Rockets or the NBA."

Özil did not.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The key difference is Morley made the following statement

"My tweets are my own and in no way represent the Rockets or the NBA."

Özil did not.
Yeah and Fertitta came out with:

The tweet was seven words. There was nothing wrong with the tweet. That’s why one hour later I told ESPN when I was asked ‘Are you going to get rid of Daryl Morey,’ I was like, ‘Are you crazy? Why would I get rid of Daryl for that tweet?’

No one at Arsenal came in support of Özil’s tweet.

Manberg

Predator
The sooner this leech is out of the club the better. Pay him off. His contract is a hindrance to the squad and youngsters.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah and Fertitta came out with:

No one at Arsenal came in support of Özil’s tweet.

Mate its common courtesy not to drop your employer in it. Özil has the smartest PR team in the world. A graddie 1 week into a job would know to supplement such an inflammatory statement with "these views are my own". Let's agree to disagree on this.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I read the article on The Athletic and my own conclusions are:

- He was right to question the wage cuts
- He was right when he voiced his opinions on the persecution of Uighur Muslims in China (which is rich considering his friends but still)
- His PR team is immaculate and undefeated. The only thing World Class about him currently.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Mate its common courtesy not to drop your employer in it. Özil has the smartest PR team in the world. A graddie 1 week into a job would know to supplement such an inflammatory statement with "these views are my own". Let's agree to disagree on this.
That’s why I think there is beef with the Arsenal hierarchy and Özil and not necessarily with Arteta. Maybe if the club had showed support and understanding, Özil would’ve come out with such a statement but there’s bad blood there.

Agreed on disagreeing then.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anyone picking apart the bones of this interview is completely missing its point.

23364022.gif
is afoot

Finesse

There are always 2 sides to every story. So far we know Özil has come out to state his position. The Club as we put it is also a handful of humans/individuals who are making decisions. They are no exceptions to the same treatment we should give to anyone working for Arsenal. Like Özil they all work for Arsenal.

The Club ( the few individuals ) are not all wrapped in cotton wool here. I refuse to use the current buzz of the FA Cup triumph and renewed vigour to cover the cracks of previous shambolic handling on situations. Özil has some very serious concerns raised and unless the club comes out to provide full visibility to the fans , then they shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt for the sake of being called the Club.

Özil is perfectly right to seek clarity of the wage cut. Considering they were rushed into it and some had to bulk under the pressure of not being the only one out. As Özil claimed he was not the only player to refuse the cut. Is it true only Arsenal players took the cut? Some one please edify.

The Club has deliberately left us in the dark on these issues and strategically frozen him out. No one knew he was given early leave to go on holidays yet he was lynched when he was on holidays. After all we are wining games without him. We managed to implement a counter attacking system to mitigate the lack of a creative CM which has always been the DNA of Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom