• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

Özil detached himself from the build up play. He wouldn’t offer himself deep to pass and pass around with teammates/playing one twos/interchanging position.

He wouldn’t patiently create gaps/drag opponent out/making space by making lots of passes with teammates or dribbling past players. He never likes to build up. He wouldn’t help us to have full control of the midfield. He wouldn’t dominate possession for us.

When he gets the ball, he would find a forward pass and burst up the pitch. Once we have the ball, he rushes everything and try to pass the ball up the pitch as quick as possible.

He always finds the best passing option at that moment rather than being patient/pass the ball around slowly to create an even better option later.
That's legit the funniest argument I've heard against Özil.:rofl:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The amount of money the club is saving from the 55 redundancies is the amount of money that would be saved had Özil agreed to his pay cut. If Özil agreed, those people would still have jobs.
lol nonsense btw.

Those staff cuts was a structural change. Since we signing KIA clients now, we won't need all those scouts which were the only people to get fired.

Strangely, we kept our Brazilian division.

Manberg

Predator
lol nonsense btw.

Those staff cuts was a structural change. Since we signing KIA clients now, we won't need all those scouts which were the only people to get fired.

Strangely, we kept our Brazilian division.

The 55 redundancies are separate from the cuts to the scouting division. Catering staff and such were the ones affected.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's legit the funniest argument I've heard against Özil.:rofl:
Why? If he wants to play counter attack and passes the ball to walcott, which is the best passing option at that time because walcott was unmarked.

But walcott is isolated without support and wouldn’t be able to do anything or to dribbled past his defenders anyway.

What Özil should do is to pass it around like Barcelona and slow down the play. Keep possession and create the better chance later.

Pass it patiently, drag players out, create space, create numerical advantage, pass the ball around and wait for the better chance:

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Both Özil and Sanchez should have been sold for big money in the middle of their contracts like what Liverpool did to Suarez and Coutinho, and that money should have been used to reinvest in other players.

It was a failure of epic proportions. Perhaps sparked by the whole “we can’t sell our best players” mindset.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Honestly, how low are your standards if that interview is a "flawless victory"?

Was half joking really, used to love Mortal Kombat as a kid and that phrase popped into my head while I was reading the article, nothing more than that :lol:

Like what has it achieved? Support for him? From who? What's the actual point he's making? He's had the same stance since the first sign of problems - not leaving until his contract is up. Or is saying that a huge win for you?

An actual FU to Raul and co. would have been to show a bit of humility, admit you've not been up to standard, congratulate the team and maybe talk about wanting to do something with the latter years of his career. But then again I support Arsenal not Özil or Raul so I guess I'm biased.

And argue about who's in the right or wrong here but at the end of the day he's let people at the club make him a scapegoat and given them reason for wanting him out and it's not just because he's on 350k a week. It's because his impact and clearly application have fallen off a cliff.

I would like us to move Özil on now too as he has clearly given up on football at this stage, but that ain't happening...just focus on the fact he will be gone next summer, then we can finally move on from the ridiculousness of this last few years.

I do rate Özil though, he is (or was) a very good player, seems a pretty funny guy too...but all this recent drama with him will be over with sooner rather than later.

Moah

I fully believe what Özil said today.

The only good thing about this club now is what Arteta has done and what he's saying to keep our hopes alive.

Other than that this is a club ran is like ****. The owners are completely detached from the club and those that are working in management are the shadiest bunch I've ever seen.

We sign 70% of our players from a one agent and pay extraordinary amount to these nobodies.

Why wouldn't they clearly present where the money they take from all the players is going if they have good at heart?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sounds like a buy-out my contract plea tbh.
I don’t think he wants that at all. Sounds to me like where he lives was always the most important thing, and now he has a daughter, even more so. He’d refuse the offer.

moloso

Looking forward to seeing his name on the team-sheet when we play you next season :lol:

Sadly this is actually the viewpoint from opposition fans, especially if we're away from home.

Was half joking really, used to love Mortal Kombat as a kid and that phrase popped into my head while I was reading the article, nothing more than that :lol:

I would like us to move Özil on now too as he has clearly given up on football at this stage, but that ain't happening...just focus on the fact he will be gone next summer, then we can finally move on from the ridiculousness of this last few years.

I do rate Özil though, he is (or was) a very good player, seems a pretty funny guy too...but all this recent drama with him will be over with sooner rather than later.

Can't argue with that sir. Your last point sums it up for me. He was class and a pretty unique talent but for various reasons and circumstances he's finished at the top level.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Anyone picking apart the bones of this interview is completely missing its point.

23364022.gif
Yep. It read to me like he’s just digging foundations for Fort Özil 2020/21.

Dj_sds -

Özil’s not playing because he’s not good enough, simple as. Won’t press, lazy etc.

Let’s not forget his dreadful performance in Baku where he lost the ball more than five times then criticised Emery.

And don't forget taking his time to walk off the pitch even though we were chasing the game.

Kav

Established Member
Our three latest head coaches had issues with the parasite. Freddie got fed up with the w@nker. He is a problem.
You really are an idiot. If you have a problem with the player fine. You don’t need to resort to calling him parasite and ******. You’re just showing the world how small you are and infecting the forum with your hate.

Go live your life and be happy. Chill. Have sex with whatever you’re into. No need for all that negativity. Especially if someone disagrees with you you call them names.

You’re either very immature or a man with a small **** or empty wallet. Don’t worry Life has much more to offer once you let the hate go.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
You really are an idiot. If you have a problem with the player fine. You don’t need to resort to calling him parasite and ******. You’re just showing the world how small you are and infecting the forum with your hate.

Go live your life and be happy. Chill. Have sex with whatever you’re into. No need for all that negativity. Especially if someone disagrees with you you call them names.

You’re either very immature or a man with a small **** or empty wallet. Don’t worry Life has much more to offer once you let the hate go.

Another member of the parasite cult.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

You and other Özil’s fans are into Özil, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom