• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: He came, he saw, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
It's funny how little stick Sanchez has gotten in comparison, when their first two seasons are looking very similar now.

Both started like fire, both tailed off, both won FA Cup, both started the next season badly after winning major tournaments in the summer, etc.

Hypocrisy at its best, especially when you consider that Özil is twice the player.
:lol: Özil's first season wasn't a patch on Alexis', come on now you can't be serious! :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If truth be told, Ive got some of you running around in circles, trying to rewrite history and erase big chunks of football seasons. Believe me, its me who's having the giggle right now!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Özil's first season wasn't a patch on Alexis', come on now you can't be serious! :lol:
He's scored 6 and assisted once in 13 appearances this season too, despite travelling around the world and being run into the ground.

Furious probably conveniently erased that along with the other stuff.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I only started reading this forum regularly quite recently, but as far as I remember, people who said that he was mismanaged, didn't have the right players to play his through-balls to etc, were often accused of making up excuses for him, weren't they? The general idea among the doubters was that people were trying to protect Özil from justified criticism.
There were moments when things were being made far more difficult for Özil to rediscover his best, by being made to play wide. None of us liked the idea, and it was horrible to see. We all wanted him back at No.10. As for not having runners: again, would have aided him to have players running in front of him, but that wasn't solely the problem.

He's since made a mockery of all those claims anyway, because he's since proven that his form and determination to make a difference in the last third were the problem more than anything. People have cited all sorts of explanations, but then say he's the same player! o_O

blaze_of_glory

Oh dear, scraping the bottom with that argument aint we?! ;)
You know I wasn't being serious! :lol:

I do recall you making the argument that Özil was not right fit in a Wenger team or something like that though. Part of why you wanted him sold I think. I was trying to be fair, you weren't always just picking on Mesut or blaming it all on him.

edit: but you were still wrong, goddammit.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You conveniently left out the part where Sanchez continued to play like fire, was the best player in the league and raked up piles of goals/assists in that first season! Finding it hard to take you seriously here, so I won't :lol:

I also left out the part where Özil was fantastic, assisting, scoring, etc.

I didn't say Özil's season was as good, I said their path was similar.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You know I wasn't being serious! :lol:

I do recall you making the argument that Özil was not right fit in a Wenger team or something like that though. Part of why you wanted him sold I think. I was trying to be fair, you weren't always just picking on Mesut or blaming it all on him.

edit: but you were still wrong, goddammit.

Stop trying to be fair ffs. Im in kill mode and it's confusing me :mad::confused:

I think Ive always tried to be fair tbh. Arsenal moving forward was always most important, but it's tough when a player youve dreamed about doesnt seem to be working. There was that as well, and you just want to abandon the plan and waste no more time. It wasnt working imo, and I couldnt see it coming good, no matter how good a player I knew he was.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I also left out the part where Özil was fantastic, assisting, scoring, etc.

I didn't say Özil's season was as good, I said their path was similar.
As far as form goes I don't really see the similarity at all. One thing I'd say is there's no need to **** on Alexis to help big up Özil. They're 2 of the best players in the league, be happy we have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom