• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter an apples and oranges comparison. Arteta as Emery before him was brought in to change the culture. Part of that change is how things are dealt with. Also was it not wildly rumoured that a lot of leaks were from players themselves? Anyway I'm out. Good luck to Mesut the world class, elite, talented play maker, superstar of twittersphere and Instagram in his future endeavours in the top league of Spain, no that's not right, Italy, nope not that either must be France at PSG, no not there must surely be Germany? No none of those leagues. Maybe he isn't a world class, elite, talented play maker. Hmmm. Cheerio Mesut, gracias for the deadline day antics.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
To me that's a contradiction. He did miss and it was a big thing that happened with Özil and Germany.
Özil created sitters in that game for Werner and Hummels who both missed, yet he gets blamed for the defeat. If they had scored, nobody would be running with this narrative that his stuff with Erdogan destabilised the dressing room.
Also how can you say we might be perceived as a graveyard for talent and then dismiss players that are actually playing well. Who are the players then Europe is actively watching? A 6m signing we picked up from the French second division? Pepe who was dismissed by Bayern because he needed too much space (if anything we are showing they were right to pass on him). Saliba is the only one I can think off?
I said graveyard for talent because players are wary and agents are advising their clients against joining Arsenal.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Watch him wreck the turkish league while we’re stuck with Willian for 2 more years.

Goodbye Mesut you beautiful bastard. Brought trophies back to Arsenal :trophy:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Willian would wreck the Turkish league.

Would he though?

3394a24e20f348c3daefb17d80460617.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Özil created sitters in that game for Werner and Hummels who both missed, yet he gets blamed for the defeat. If they had scored, nobody would be running with this narrative that his stuff with Erdogan destabilised the dressing room.

I said graveyard for talent because players are wary and agents are advising their clients against joining Arsenal.
And if Arteta was playing beautiful football in the eyes of everybody nobody would care that Özil was left out. But to some he isn't and they do care.

I'm curious to know which players and agents you speak off. Kia certainly doesn't seem to have a problem :lol:

Anyway I'm off the Özil chat.

Reactions: A_G

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
A-M the only place where a £350k a week footballer who pretty much gave up on his job can be portrayed as a victim :lol:

People love throwing around the word **** for whatever reason on here. There is a clear example of cuckold mentality in our fanbase when it comes to this guy.

Some may have forgotten but we're Arsenal Football Club, one of the 10 biggest clubs in the world. Fans pretty much down on their knees thanking him for what he's done to us over the duration of this contract or even his whole time here. He was more than adequately rewarded financially for what he did here. Terrible stuff.

And before anyone starts, yeah the club gave him the contract. Arsenal fans should have a bias towards the club over any footballer though.

The club did dishonest things in this case. They took the initiative to back out on a deal they signed and agreed and tried to intimidate Özil by ruining a piece of his short career. I can't agree with what they did.

No one throws the word **** around but you.

The suits at the top of the club trying to intimidate Özil does not represent what I want for the club. Wenger would’ve never. It’s dishonest and burns future bridges. Who wants to deal with a dishonest business partner who will try to intimidate you out of a contract you both signed?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The club did dishonest things in this case. They took the initiative to back out on a deal they signed and agreed and tried to intimidate Özil by ruining a piece of his short career. I can't agree with what they did.

No one throws the word **** around but you.

The suits at the top of the club trying to intimidate Özil does not represent what I want for the club. Wenger would’ve never. It’s dishonest and burns future bridges. Who wants to deal with a dishonest business partner who will try to intimidate you out of a contract you both signed?

The mental gymnastics some will go to defend the guy is evident here.

The club were dishonest or intimidating? Absolute rubbish, by that logic no club should put a contracted player up for sale or try to move them on.

The club will hold up their end of it's contract obligations till the day he leaves. I'm sure Özil would be very quick to take legal action if they didn't.

If anyone's ruined Özil's career, he should have a look in the mirror.

If you really think the club enjoys ostracising a player from of the squad while still paying him £300k a week you're mad. It takes takes a lot to push a club that far.

My previous post was the only time I've ever used the word ''****'' or ''Cuckold'' ever on here.

Nothing about wanting to move on a player is ''Dishonest'' the club have every right to want to move on an unwanted player.

If you want to talk dishonesty, signing a massive contract and then pretty much giving up on your career is dishonest and immoral to me.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
A-M the only place where a £350k a week footballer who pretty much gave up on his job can be portrayed as a victim :lol:

People love throwing around the word **** for whatever reason on here. There is a clear example of cuckold mentality in our fanbase when it comes to this guy.

Some may have forgotten but we're Arsenal Football Club, one of the 10 biggest clubs in the world. Fans pretty much down on their knees thanking him for what he's done to us over the duration of this contract or even his whole time here. He was more than adequately rewarded financially for what he did here. Terrible stuff.

And before anyone starts, yeah the club gave him the contract. Arsenal fans should have a bias towards the club over any footballer though.

If this was a one-off with contract mismanagement it would be one thing, but there’s a difference between supporting Arsenal the club and wanting accountability for mismanagement. The latter is supporting the club, wanting improvement. We have a new club executive for contracts now, let’s see how it goes.

Regarding the player I suppose some sort of comparable would be Bale, although that was not so much a matter of massive underperformance, but even with that it took a long time for resolution. Maybe Alexis not working out at United could be seen as some sort of timely resolution, albeit with significant subsidization of wages.

The power is with the player, that’s just how it is once locked into the contract. Over the last couple of years I have seen plenty of fan anger at Özil, but it barely moved him, not sure what more could be done really within limits of the law. Our fan base also seems split in two on a number of issues, and there isn’t going to be resolution to that for a while.

gamechannel

Good luck Mesut. You can leave with your head help high while those running this club end up looking like a bunch of c.u.n.t.s.

I hope he reveals the entire truth on his way out.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still plenty of skill in football, we just don’t have those players.

Ah-ha, got ya!

We don’t have skilful players anymore, and that’s exactly why Arteta is doing the best he can with this terrible squad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom