• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
All of the bashing is boring. Yes he was done here, yes the second contract sucked, but thirdly, well its bitter sweet to me.

That's our last world class talent/superstar gone, and I'm a bit unsure where the next ones coming from. To play with marquee players like him is a pull we had. To play for a world class name in management is another. We no longer have that. To play the big games in Europe? Well that's gone too.

I hope we build smart, because for all the figures we've wanted out of our club the last 5 years, we mainly seem to be getting worse. Both on the pitch, and in profile.

Iceman10

Established Member
All of the bashing is boring. Yes he was done here, yes the second contract sucked, but thirdly, well its bitter sweet to me.

That's our last world class talent/superstar gone, and I'm a bit unsure where the next ones coming from. To play with marquee players like him is a pull we had. To play for a world class name in management is another. We no longer have that. To play the big games in Europe? Well that's gone too.

I hope we build smart, because for all the figures we've wanted out of our club the last 5 years, we mainly seem to be getting worse. Both on the pitch, and in profile.

You are perhaps falling into a trap with such a comment for an Özil thread. Signing “superstars” does not necessarily make a major trophy winning team. Often superstars become such at clubs after those clubs have risen to win the major trophies. Vieira, Henry, and most of the rest were not world renowned superstars when we signed them.

I do agree “pull” of a club is important, but we still have that with Auba, Laca, and Partey over the last few years, and these are at the level of “names” Arsène Wenger brought in around 2000, not ready made “superstars”. Note I am talking about “names” in terms of pull for Auba and Laca, not necessarily them being the right players, although coaching players into better players is another part to this.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What country do you live in to have such a low view on democracy?

I of course think you are totally off with your views, but as this is a football forum let’s leave it.
agreed. Let's leave it.

I am Indian, living in the UAE. Honestly UAE is better organized, maybe because it is smaller. Much better leaders and they don't have to worry about idiotic opposition.

Ex, in India, we have had very important policies stuck at the parliament because the opposition keeps disrupting the sessions.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
agreed. Let's leave it.

I am Indian, living in the UAE. Honestly UAE is better organized, maybe because it is smaller. Much better leaders and they don't have to worry about idiotic opposition.

Ex, in India, we have had very important policies stuck at the parliament because the opposition keeps disrupting the sessions.

:lol: UAE is run on slave labour and their leaders shove salmons up their arses (look it up)

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This is grabbing at straws :lol:. @OnlyOne and @Macho aren’t Özil fans but they went early on MA. @Makingtrax is a backer of both.

Fair enough. My point was that the hardcore Özil fans were the ones predominantly behind the early Arteta hate after he was excluded from the squad. I believe that's largely accurate.

A handful of fans never took to Arteta and wanted him out for non Özil reasons. That's totally normal with any manager.

From the conversations I've had with Macho ( He can tell me if I'm talking rubbish here or misrepresenting his views) at least up until a month or two ago he was concerned about Arteta but wasn't actively calling for him to be sacked. It sounds like his opinions changed since then but I don't think he went in early on Arteta at all.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Özils second contract was a disappointment I don’t think anybody could deny that.

I’ve always had a balanced view on him, some of what he did wasn’t right, but this is also true of the club. I never hated Özil. Plus the more I read, the better Özil looks in my eyes to be quite honest.

I also think it’s true that people who rag on him daily will just move onto someone else. Take a look in the Xhaka/Auba threads, it’s the same guys.
You were a critic of Özil and don’t rate Xhaka either.

You wanted Özil moved on and you want Xhaka moved on as well. They are two players that the vast majority of our fan base wanted and want to see the back of, including you and myself.

There will be no correlation at all between critics of those two and anyone turning on Aubameyang. To suggest as much is folly mate. Auba always had his doubters but his goals hushed them. They were always there though.

The club has players our fans don’t rate and we know who the players are. To talk like there are a bunch of hyenas going around going on AM looking for opportunities to round on players for no other reason than to pass time is an odd one.

Just because you may point out from time to time that a certain bunch may be going OTT with their criticism doesn’t make your own views or criticism ‘balanced’.

Where or what is this arbitrary fine line between what’s acceptable and what isn’t that you seem to be aware of?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So apparently people who don't appreciate Özil are the same people who scapegoat and hate on other players? That's a wild and quite delusional generalisation to make.

There are many Özil protectors who hate on a **** tonne of players every day, and there are also some anti-Özil posters who have a decent amount of patience for players (not counting Xhaka most people don't particularly rate him here). Visa versa.

Maybe some people see attitude as important, wanting to play for the badge. Perhaps they demand a certain level of commitment from players as they know their club needs it. There's a lot of players to question in that regard at the club, thats why we have been called Spa FC for a while.

Last edited:

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
This is grabbing at straws :lol:. @OnlyOne and @Macho aren’t Özil fans but they went early on MA. @Makingtrax is a backer of both.
It’s impossible to tell what Trax’s stance is on Arteta because of all the backhanded compliments and that’s how it’s been from day 1. It was the same with Emery. You can’t properly commit if you can’t let go (of Arsène) and that’s abundantly clear with the way he’s posted about Emery and Mikel. I wouldn’t take his apparent ‘support’ of Arteta seriously just yet :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s impossible to tell what Trax’s stance is on Arteta because of all the backhanded compliments and that’s how it’s been from day 1. It was the same with Emery. You can’t properly commit if you can’t let go (of Arsène) and that’s abundantly clear with the way he’s posted about Emery and Mikel.
It says you're a member since December 2020. Did you used to have a diff account or were you reading the forum a while before creating an acccount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom