• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Not trying to be negative, but Mesut has had some serious back problems in the past. Could be something that would be flagged in a medical.
I'd like to think that Fenerbahce don't want to clash with the Biden inauguration in what is going to be a very OTT event in Turkey

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you saying that our transfer business had a better success rate in the last few years under Wenger?
No! The last two years of Wenger was a mess, panic buying, overpaying, desperately hanging on to players running down their contracts, reactive tactics and of course the great man himself folding.

A club imploding under the pressure of the protests, the boycotts, the rants, the insults, the Trumpesque lies and the planes. It took some effort to prise a manager out of the top 4 after 20 years straight. :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to think that Fenerbahce don't want to clash with the Biden inauguration in what is going to be a very OTT event in Turkey
These inaugurations aren't even like that anymore, feels like a superbowl nowadays. Lady Gaga performing, commentary breaking down senators and coca cola adverts. Only thing missing is Biden walking out to the NFL theme tbh.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
One of my favorite moments, as I witnessed it in the flesh.

First time I was able to attend a big game, forking £150 only to be 0-2 down in the second half. Coming back to 3-2 within the space of 5 minutes with Alexis scoring a header, Xhaka actually scoring one of his long range efforts and Özil's brilliant finish to top it off.

I had no voice left the next couple of days, but what a rush.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
No! The last two years of Wenger was a mess, panic buying, overpaying, desperately hanging on to players running down their contracts, reactive tactics and of course the great man himself folding.

A club imploding under the pressure of the protests, the boycotts, the rants, the insults, the Trumpesque lies and the planes. It took some effort to prise a manager out of the top 4 after 20 years straight. :lol:

The last few years? What about the window where we lost Cesc+Nasri and ended up going on panic buy spree of whatever was available. It wasn’t just the last 2 years that were a mess.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The last few years? What about the window where we lost Cesc+Nasri and ended up going on panic buy spree of whatever was available. It wasn’t just the last 2 years that were a mess.
Yeah terrible wasn’t it, 2004-2013 keeping in the top 4 and spending the same as Portsmouth by buying and selling really cleverly.
DBEBE7-A4-754-E-47-BD-8-A6-E-0-BD341-BD91-A1.jpg

Atlas

Yeah terrible wasn’t it, 2004-2013 keeping in the top 4 and spending the same as Portsmouth by buying and selling really cleverly.
DBEBE7-A4-754-E-47-BD-8-A6-E-0-BD341-BD91-A1.jpg

Wasn’t really very clever though was it? It shows that we failed to fully invest available resources in order to achieve our objective of winning things. You see a positive number there I see us missing out on Xabi Alonso, Shay Given, Scott Parker, Gary Cahill and a bunch of other affordable players who would have helped us with said objective. Instead that money was eventually used to buy Xhaka and Mustafi. I see poor financial management there and Overmars from 2000 remaining as our record sale.

He did a great job keeping us in the top 4 aye but could have done better. He had full control and stability which no other manager had once Fergie left. It also helped that our rivals for top 4 in some of those years were Everton and Villa so its not comparable to our current situation re our rivals. We did have one of the highest wage bills as well so we were outspending most clubs.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wasn’t really very clever though was it? It shows that we failed to fully invest available resources in order to achieve our objective of winning things. You see a positive number there I see us missing out on Xabi Alonso, Shay Given, Scott Parker, Gary Cahill and a bunch of other affordable players who would have helped us with said objective. Instead that money was eventually used to buy Xhaka and Mustafi. I see poor financial management there and Overmars from 2000 remaining as our record sale.

He did a great job keeping us in the top 4 aye but could have done better. He had full control and stability which no other manager had once Fergie left. It also helped that our rivals for top 4 in some of those years were Everton and Villa so its not comparable to our current situation re our rivals. We did have one of the highest wage bills as well so we were outspending most clubs.
Only a complete idiot would see keeping in the top 4 and making a profit on player sales over a 9 year period when a club was completely strapped for cash as poor financial management. Sorry bro, you’re so invested in the Arseblog/AFTV anti Wenger narrative that you’ve completely lost it.:lol:

What we’ve spent the last 3 years and finishing mid table now that’s poor financial management. What Wenger did in that period was unbelievable, despite your spin on a random selection of players that Arsenal supposedly missed out on. :lol:

Atlas

Only a complete idiot would see keeping in the top 4 and making a profit on player sales over a 9 year period when a club was completely strapped for cash as poor financial management. Sorry bro, you’re so invested in the Arseblog/AFTV anti Wenger narrative that you’ve completely lost it.:lol:

What we’ve spent the last 3 years and finishing mid table now that’s poor financial management. What Wenger did in that period was unbelievable, despite your spin on a random selection of players that Arsenal supposedly missed out on. :lol:

Cant prove me wrong though can you? :lol::lol: We could have reinvested that money into players but didnt. That was a bad mistake. The club has never been that tight that it couldn’t afford the players i mentioned. Our cash reserves were healthy in 08/09 we could have bought players. Maybe if you understood finance you might get what I’m saying. Lord knows I was saying it at the time. :lol::lol:

I love Wenger like a second father and I don’t watch AFTV and the other rubbish. I just understand finances and have an opinion of my own. I’m not blind to what was going on at the time. Unlike you.:lol::lol:

Do you really think the smiley faces add anything to the points you’re trying to make?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Cant prove me wrong though can you? :lol::lol: We could have reinvested that money into players but didnt. That was a bad mistake. The club has never been that tight that it couldn’t afford the players i mentioned. Our cash reserves were healthy in 08/09 we could have bought players. Maybe if you understood finance you might get what I’m saying. Lord knows I was saying it at the time. :lol::lol:

I love Wenger like a second father and I don’t watch AFTV and the other rubbish. I just understand finances and have an opinion of my own. I’m not blind to what was going on at the time. Unlike you.:lol::lol:

Do you really think the smiley faces add anything to the points you’re trying to make?
How can I be blind, I just showed you the figures. You know, actual facts, not opinions. And those figures speak volumes about the way a selling club kept up incredibly high standards in tough times.

I've heard all those stories before, 'If only the manager had bought x, y z, he'd have done a lot better. Every fan of every club holds opinions like that. The truth is, no one knows about who the club tried to buy and who wasn't available or didn't want to come. The transfer business is very difficult.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How Arsenal fans on social media from all over the world can't understand, that Arsenal can't post a farewell video for Özil, because the deal isn't done yet? :D

Like they don't know how a transfer work and not because Arsenal has an antipathy against Özil..

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Jesus is he gone yet?

WTF is holding him up?

Like he isn't minted beyond beyond belief already.

Probably negotiating the games he doesn't want to play in.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom