• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The club won’t be greedy. Even if they only pay £100,000 of his wages we will have saved £8m (with the loan fee included).
Yes just do anything to get him out even a loan don't want any questions or discussions about him why not playing next season also it'll allow us to buy actual attacking midfielder we desperately need one

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think you are just getting hung up on "bigger than the club" which I don't believe I said. He was playing at the time at a higher level than the club however. It's not a slight. I love Arsenal but I can also objectively say that Barcelona is a bigger club and I am not surprised nor would I begrudge a player who wanted to test himself at a bigger club if we were (and we were) showing that we didn't really have title or CL ambitions (We were building a stadium)

It's delusional to not realize where Arsenal stand.

When someone says someone "outgrows" a jumper would you say they mean that the person is too big for the jumper or they want to test their jumper wearing ability in another jumper?

You can say the Fabegas wanted more than the club appeared prepared to financially invest in. I also wouldn't have begrudged Fabregas a move to Barca if he hadn't been happy to sign contracts and then feigned injury to get his move.

My honest opinion is that he f*cked up by going out with a gold digger which ruined him. He was pretty succesful as far as money and trophies go... but I feel like it would've meant a lot more to him to win one premiership title with Arsenal as captain than the rest put together. He most definitely wasn't bigger than the club buut he did embody a lot of what Wenger wanted the club to be and then he went and stabbed him in the back and got p*ssy when we didnt roll the red carper out for him when he was unhappy at Barca :shrug.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Him and his agent have already said he's not leaving this summer.

He's more than happy to pick up his 350k a week to play Fortnite.

Make him train with the under 13s. Really humiliate the mercenary.

Why are they offering us 3 M and then asking us to pay salaries? We will have to pay probably at least 10 M of his salaries.

Why not just ask us to pay 7 M of Özil salaries then.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Him and his agent have already said he's not leaving this summer.

He's more than happy to pick up his 350k a week to play Fortnite.

Make him train with the under 13s. Really humiliate the mercenary.
He's got the right to sit on his arse and run his contract down, but he has to also understand that the club also have the right to decide whether he plays. If he doesn't accept the situation of him not being wanted anymore, there are measures the club can and most probably will take to make him want to leave. That's a situation any player in the world can find themselves in. That is football. But if you're still interested in a football career, you get out of the situation by leaving.

If you're happy to stay and just take a wage, you'll carry on posting 'IM READY' on twitter every week in an attempt to mug the fans off...

GDeep™

League is very weak
That is football. But if you're still interested in a football career, you get out of the situation by leaving...
True, but not at a massive financial loss. Nobody is going to go anywhere close to his 15M a year, he’ll do well to get 4-6M a year now. That’s a massive potential loss, around 10M.

Same reason why Bale won’t move.

In these situations you can’t label them mercenaries either.

Are you guys really wound up because someone isn’t willing to lose multi millions in wages?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
True, but not at a massive financial loss. Nobody is going to go anywhere close to his 15M a year, he’ll do well to get 4-6M a year now. That’s a massive potential loss, around 10M.

Same reason why Bale won’t move.

In these situations you can’t label them mercenaries either.
Not a mercenary, no, because that's not how it started for him here. The fact that he went off a cliff once he signed his extension should piss fans off severely though... And when you see him clearly out of favour with the option to go on loan and still earn the same money, it becomes an annoying thing for any fan to stand by and watch. I know what I would do if I were in his shoes, but I'm not and we're not... We're just fans of the club and want this situation to favour the club, don't we?

Why should you or anyone care about Özil being given the chance to add another £15m to his already obscene wealth? If you were his mate or an associate, I would understand.

Burt Gold

When someone says someone "outgrows" a jumper would you say they mean that the person is too big for the jumper or they want to test their jumper wearing ability in another jumper?

You can say the Fabegas wanted more than the club appeared prepared to financially invest in. I also wouldn't have begrudged Fabregas a move to Barca if he hadn't been happy to sign contracts and then feigned injury to get his move.

My honest opinion is that he f*cked up by going out with a gold digger which ruined him. He was pretty succesful as far as money and trophies go... but I feel like it would've meant a lot more to him to win one premiership title with Arsenal as captain than the rest put together. He most definitely wasn't bigger than the club buut he did embody a lot of what Wenger wanted the club to be and then he went and stabbed him in the back and got p*ssy when we didnt roll the red carper out for him when he was unhappy at Barca :shrug.
You got caught up on "outgrows" haha. Were you watching Arsenal at the time? Fabregas was on his way to the top and Arsenal weren't.

You then went on to say he was failure after he left which is just categorically false. A prem title with Arsenal your right might have been more satisfying to him but the writing was on the wall that that wasn't happening. He can have no regrets about leaving. He came to us for free after all and owed us nothing.

goldengod

Özil makes £350k a week. So if he sees out his contract with us that would be £18.2m.

A terrible outcome would be if we can't find a suitor at all willing to take him for a year.
A decent outcome would be finding a club who would pay £100k of his wages (£5.2m) for a year, plus a small loan fee (£2m)
A very good outcome would be finding a club who would pay £200k of his wages (£10.4m) for a year, plus a small loan fee (£2m)

Overall there has got to be some club out there who would take a punt on him with his paying over 2/3rds of his wages? And surely, unless Özil is planning on retiring at the end of his contract, Özil sees the value in going to play somewhere else to ensure that he might have some potential suitors when he's out of contract next year?

Ultimately I can only see two situations in which Özil doesn't leave: (i) he's retiring from football at the end of the contract, and wants to see out his last year not playing football but still getting paid; (ii) as a club we demand too much money from another club to let him go on loan. In all reality, the latter is very unlikely as surely any dingus at the club would realise at this point that even paying him 300k to play elsewhere is still £2.6m saved.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not a mercenary, no, because that's not how it started for him here. The fact that he went off a cliff once he signed his extension should piss fans off severely though... And when you see him clearly out of favour with the option to go on loan and still earn the same money, it becomes an annoying thing for any fan to stand by and watch. I know what I would do if I were in his shoes, but I'm not and we're not... We're just fans of the club and want this situation to favour the club, don't we?

Why should you or anyone care about Özil being given the chance to add another £15m to his already obscene wealth? If you were his mate or an associate, I would understand.
Until today I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s been offered a deal which matches his current wages, to go on loan.

I’m just playing devils advocate I guess. Ideally the club find a way to ship him out, we don’t need this hanging over the team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom