• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One of the shoddiest moments i can remember at Arsenal, for a player to be treated like this.

This is what the club has become now under that paella munching slob.

Why?

Mes is being paid £300,000 a week to basically go on holiday, I don't think he cares what Raul is doing/saying about him.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why?

Mes is paying paid £300,000 a week to basically go on holiday, I don't think he cares what Raul is doing/saying about him.
What you mean go on holiday? He is reporting to training like every other player.

The various rumours about him, leak of his pay cut refusal etc, even though it wasn’t an outright refusal and he was willing to take an even bigger pay cut if the club was willing to show some transparency . All shoddy.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What you mean go on holiday? He is reporting to training like every other player.

The various rumours about him, leak of his pay cut refusal etc, even though it wasn’t an outright refusal and he was willing to take an even bigger pay cut if the club was willing to show some transparency . All shoddy.

Not sure if the term 'shoddy' is correct but I get what you're saying, only logic I can think of is Raul is trying to force Özil's hand and get the club out of the mess it created by handing Özil that new contract.

I joked about the ways you could make Özil uncomfortable and I think this was an attempt by Raul/the club to do so, in reality I dont blame Özil one bit for sitting until the contract is up, he would be mad to leave all that money on the table.

Club needs to accept that and just pay up or somehow find a way to get some worth out of him in this remaining 12 months.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yes, I'm saying that. He can terminate his contract with us and he can do whatever he wants without our club being involved in any of his politics.
What's happening around the world is none of the club's business, and his sponsors felt the same.
He's being paid a fortune to represent his sponsors and our club, never to involve us in his personal opinions. That should be perfectly clear to everyone, not sure why it isn't though

He didn't involve us. He expressed his opinion, which was factually correct, via his own personal communication mechanism. And its done his brand far more ham than Arsenal's.

As a public figure, he is right to draw attention to something terrible that is happening, and as a commercial entity wanting to make inroads in China the club were perfectly within their rights to distance themselves.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He didn't involve us. He expressed his opinion, which was factually correct, via his own personal communication mechanism. And its done his brand far more ham than Arsenal's.

As a public figure, he is right to draw attention to something terrible that is happening, and as a commercial entity wanting to make inroads in China the club were perfectly within their rights to distance themselves.
Oh yes, he did involve us and that would be the case as long as he is under contract here.
Something that may be right for you or me can be wrong for people living elsewhere, that's why his sponsors and the club stayed away from everything and will keep their neutral status on this mater.
He is not an independent public figure, his income comes from Arsenal and his sponsors, and he should've asked first for permission to publish stuff as he did.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Oh yes, he did involve us and that would be the case as long as he is under contract here.
Something that may be right for you or me can be wrong for people living elsewhere, that's why his sponsors and the club stayed away from everything and will keep their neutral status on this mater.
He is not an independent public figure, his income comes from Arsenal and his sponsors, and he should've asked first for permission to publish stuff as he did.
We'll agree to differ methinks

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Surely some part of Özil deep down in his soul still wants to play football? It’s been the central component in his life since since he was a boy.

Maybe he’s just sick and tired of the whole dog and pony show. How unlucky would Arsenal have to be that this has happened on our watch? :facepalm:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of the shoddiest moments i can remember at Arsenal, for a player to be treated like this.

This is what the club has become now under that paella munching slob.
Calm down G :lol:

He takes home 350kpw. I doubt he cares about how Arsenal treats him. If he really cared about how Arsenal treated him, he'd have left already

GDeep™

League is very weak
Calm down G :lol:

He takes home 350kpw. I doubt he cares about how Arsenal treats him. If he really cared about how Arsenal treated him, he'd have left already
I like how that [Mod Edit: you've been told enough times to stop calling people that] @CaseUteinberger likes all your rubbish posts only because they’re attacking Özil.

Last edited by a moderator:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Raul seems to get away with a lot. The Özil situation is not on him, us finishing 8 is not on him, the poor signings are not on him etc.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I like how that [Mod Edit: you've been told enough times to stop calling people that] @CaseUteinberger likes all your rubbish posts only because they’re attacking Özil.
Do you get off on calling people Nazis?

Pretty sure you called me a Nazi a while ago :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Raul seems to get away with a lot. The Özil situation is not on him, us finishing 8 is not on him, the poor signings are not on him etc.
Özil situation is not solely on Raul. Wenger and Ivan share culpability too

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just because you are on the losing end of an argument there isn’t a need to revert to name calling. It really doesn’t reflect greatly on you. Maybe you need to give just posting on this forum a break? Just a kind suggestion. At times the internet brings out the worst in us!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Fanboyism really does bring the worst out of people.... Calling people racists, nazis & whatnots just because of having a different opinion ffs

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fanboyism really does bring the worst out of people.... Calling people racists, nazis & whatnots just because of having a different opinion ffs
It’s not for a different opinion though, he’s posted questionable stuff about Mustafi, Xhaka, Özil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom