• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyata

Equating the CCP pulling a genocide to Özil respecting a contract that was agreed by both sides. :confused:

Get a hold of yourself dude, Özil himself has lost money because of that stunt but he knew that would happen and he still did it. Clearly not for everyone it‘s all about money.

It was a shameful day for the club and it’s supporters when it bowed down to a terrorist state.

Do that and then get branded as a hypocrite club. Support him on calling China a terrorist state while Özil's own homeland is waging war with every neighbour left and right and sponsoring proxy wars... I don't need to draw the outrage right.

China sucks in human rights but it is nowhere near a terrorist state in front of Turkey or USA.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Do that and then get branded as a hypocrite club. Support him on calling China a terrorist state while Özil's own homeland is waging war with every neighbour left and right and sponsoring proxy wars... I don't need to draw the outrage right.

China sucks in human rights but it is nowhere near a terrorist state in front of Turkey or USA.
hmmm

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Rehashed article on Özil five years ago. It’s sort of written from a “pro” perspective I guess. But you can see all the criticism being aimed at him even back then. Light years before Emery.

Why has he always created such divisive views?

https://t.co/l3RWPVYjzj

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rehashed article on Özil five years ago. It’s sort of written from a “pro” perspective I guess. But you can see all the criticism being aimed at him even back then. Light years before Emery.

Why has he always created such divisive views?

https://t.co/l3RWPVYjzj

Feel Özil deserves his criticism form 2018 on, but from 2013-2017 he was quality imo...sure he had bad games, so does every player, but I was very happy with him during that period...I also feel Mes playing for Arsenal, a team very hated by the media, adds to his rep.

Even in the season it mentions 2014/2015, first half of that year was terrible really, team was all over the place and not just Özil...but in the second half of the season, both the team and Mes found their groove...and we finished 3rd and won the cup...that was a good season for both Arsenal and Mesut imo.

He has a very laid back style that clashes with the "energetic" style of England (and even Germany) he was the exact same player in Madrid as Arsenal, he hasn't declined since we signed him...he just had better team mates there...he always tries to win, he just shows it differently.

Özil does get bullied in certain matches, most if not all of our players have been getting bullied since we moved stadiums in 2006, not just him.

I bet if Pires played in the Arsenal teams that Özil has, he probably wouldn't be as highly rated by pundits in this country either...Bobby had a similar personality to Mes, he could be bullied and put into a shell...luckily Pires' teammates didn't let that happen and protected him...and although Özil played in some good Arsenal teams, they didn't have the physicality needed to protect him.

He is a very unique player is our Mes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The old thread was locked because there wasn't any football discussion taking place, and the same has carried on here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
All bark and no bite you.
tumblr_of3o0sNNWI1u0shrfo1_r1_500.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The old thread was locked because there wasn't any football discussion taking place, and the same has carried on here.

I doubt this will change this year...least after this season though, mods won't have to worry about the madness of an Özil thread anymore :lol:

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Here’s the thing. As time goes on more and more of the Özil/Arsenal story is moving off field. But it still impacts the day to day running of the club in numerous ways.

If Özil spends an entire season riding the bench then we are due at least one more major off-field incident with him. This won’t fizzle out quietly.

PS: I love this thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom