• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Müller, Sané, Reus, Schürrle, Draxler, Goretzka are poverty named? Alright gotcha!

Yes. Compared to Mesut they most certainly are.

Shürrle is ****. Müller is the German Walcott. Reus is good, but injury-prone as hell. Sane was very good last season, let's see what he can do. Goretzka is a ****ing nobody, won't even make the team, lmao. Draxler can clean Mesut's boots.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Joachim Low loves Özil, would be shocked if he dropped him.
Although that's true. Reports regarding Özil in Germany after last season have been pretty negative tbh. There were serious questions regarding his work ethic amongst German fans. (I know because a close friend of mine is from Germany who's working here in the States)

Germany is no England who carried that deadbeat Rooney for so long. If they think a player is replaceable they'll drop him.

Brown Gooner

Yes. Compared to Mesut they most certainly are.

Shürrle is ****. Müller is the German Walcott.
Reus is good, but injury-prone as hell. Sane was very good last season, let's see what he can do. Goretzka is a ****ing nobody, won't even make the team, lmao. Draxler can clean Mesut's boots.

One guy assisted a World Cup winning goal and was Germany's best player off the bench in 2014, even scored in that Brazil rout. The other guy already has 10 WC goals. Draxler just led a German B/C team to victory in a tournament that teams like Chile, Portugal and Mexico took pretty seriously. Then there's Goretzka who Bayern are after.

Sometimes the arrogance displayed by some Arsenal fans over here never ceases to amaze me. SMH.

Oh_Snap

Müller NEVER scored in the euros and just had a more horrible season than Mesut ever had. Schürrle is SH!T, WC assist or not, decent bench player though.

If germany sticks to 4-2-3-1, which i doubt, the 3 AM will be

Reus (Draxler actually cuz Reus'll be injured) - Özil - Müller. Sané will compete with Reus or Müller, Goretzka and Stindl are bench players if they even make it to the squad, one of the two will stay home next year.

Reactions: A_G

avalonhse

One guy assisted a World Cup winning goal and was Germany's best player off the bench in 2014, even scored in that Brazil rout. The other guy already has 10 WC goals. Draxler just led a German B/C team to victory in a tournament that teams like Chile, Portugal and Mexico took pretty seriously. Then there's Goretzka who Bayern are after.

Sometimes the arrogance displayed by some Arsenal fans over here never ceases to amaze me. SMH.

You need to see them playing, not only heard news. These guys are good, but Özil skills are so unique to the team that he is very very hard to drop: his creativity and vision, his teamwork.

Müller (weak passing), Reus, Sané, Schürrle, Draxler (play on wings, dribble and space), Goretzka (play deep) can not replace Özil because they are different. The closest one is Goetze, but his skills dropped since coming to Bayern.

It is the reason why Özil always starts even if he does not play well. Özil is a teamwork player, Germany needs him to utilize those above talents.

Brown Gooner

@avalonhse - I'm gonna assume English is not your first language which would explain why your grammar is all over the place. But it's alright that's not a problem.

What bothers me though is you're accusing me of simply "hearing news" and not "seeing" those players in question. As a matter of fact I do watch a lot of German (and Spanish) football and have seen them play. I watched almost all of Germany's matches in the 2014 WC. In fact just yesterday Müller scored a beauty in the friendly against Bremen (alas, if only Walcott could score goals like that!) And I saw Goretzka in the Confed Cup and have seen him on few occasions for Schalke. The guy can play both as a deep lying midfielder or an attacking option.
Also,
The closest one is Goetze, but his skills dropped since coming to Bayern.
Dude Gotze already left Bayern a year ago and he's back at Dortmund. Keep up with the times man. Also if Gotze hits form then he'll be a serious contender for Die Mannschaft.

People here assuming that just because Löw has a great relationship with Özil means that Özil is unstoppable are forgetting that this ain't England. This is Germany and if they think you're off form they have more than enough talent to replace you. I've a German friend from Düsseldorf and I think I'll take his word when he talks about the German national team.

Brown Gooner

Müller NEVER scored in the euros.
True. But you very conveniently seem to be forgetting about his TEN WORLD CUP goals and I think it's the World Cup that we're talking about.

Also Ancelotti didn't play Müller much last season, which could be an explanation for his poor form. Özil has no such excuse though. One more thing, Thomas gives his 100% to the team even when his own form is poor. He tracks back while defending and it is in that aspect that Özil has been criticized the most in Germany.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Özil will be extra motivated to have a good season before the World Cup. In fact I'd say he needs to have a spectacular one because his place in the German national team is under threat from the upcoming players.

This can only be a good thing for Arsenal!

:lol: I wish people wouldn't pontificate on matters they clearly know feck all about. Oh, and your German friend is clearly as knowledgable as you are about German football.

Özil starts as long as Löw is manager.

tcahill

Unless Özil really has a dismal season he is starting at the World Cup.

There is serious competition for the two midfield spots, less so for the CAM, with players like Goretzka, Kroos, Gundogan, Weigl. My only real worry is if Low decides to push Kroos back to his old CAM spot, or if Gotze or Muller have amazing seasons.
Reus and Draxler play on the left, and Sane is probably Germany's best bet on the right.

Brown Gooner

:lol: I wish people wouldn't pontificate on matters they clearly know feck all about. Oh, and your German friend is clearly as knowledgable as you are about German football.

Özil starts as long as Löw is manager.
Okey Dokey :)

I'd still take the word of a real person I actually know than online users. But whatever..

Brown Gooner

Unless Özil really has a dismal season he is starting at the World Cup.

There is serious competition for the two midfield spots, less so for the CAM, with players like Goretzka, Kroos, Gundogan, Weigl. My only real worry is if Low decides to push Kroos back to his old CAM spot, or if Gotze or Muller have amazing seasons.
Reus and Draxler play on the left, and Sane is probably Germany's best bet on the right.
If there are three guys who are almost guaranteed a spot in the starting eleven they are Kroos, Hummels and Neuer. Maybe even Hector at LB due to lack of adequate competition from Plattenhardt.

Müller, Boateng and Özil all need to have good seasons to retain their starting eleven spot. The success of the younger guys this summer has increased the competition for the senior pros for the national side.

avalonhse

@avalonhse - I'm gonna assume English is not your first language which would explain why your grammar is all over the place. But it's alright that's not a problem.

What bothers me though is you're accusing me of simply "hearing news" and not "seeing" those players in question. As a matter of fact I do watch a lot of German (and Spanish) football and have seen them play. I watched almost all of Germany's matches in the 2014 WC. In fact just yesterday Müller scored a beauty in the friendly against Bremen (alas, if only Walcott could score goals like that!) And I saw Goretzka in the Confed Cup and have seen him on few occasions for Schalke. The guy can play both as a deep lying midfielder or an attacking option.
Also,

Dude Gotze already left Bayern a year ago and he's back at Dortmund. Keep up with the times man. Also if Gotze hits form then he'll be a serious contender for Die Mannschaft.

People here assuming that just because Löw has a great relationship with Özil means that Özil is unstoppable are forgetting that this ain't England. This is Germany and if they think you're off form they have more than enough talent to replace you. I've a German friend from Düsseldorf and I think I'll take his word when he talks about the German national team.

o_O You dont get what I said, dont you? My English is bad, but it is not a problem. What you said about Muller is pointless because as I said, they are different. Özil specializes in passing and Muller specializes in scoring, they can not replace each other. That's my point.

Dont get what I said about Gotze as well. He came back to Dortmund, but his skills at the moment is still below his peak in the past. Your "if Gotze hits form" is a big if, have not happened since he left Dortmund.

Goretzka? As someone said, unless Germany changes their 4-2-3-1, few people see Goretzka will play in the CAM position. For Schalke he may play because he is a star there.

Anyway, I dont want to drag this discussion further. We have our own thoughts, so let's see what will happen next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom