• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People say he’s not that type of player or his game but there was plenty of aggression in him today, even bounced Dembele off the ball.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Shame our top players aren’t always motivated like this. Never the less, MOTM display against our fiercest rivals thank you very much mr Özil.

Which version is gonna show up against Burnley though...

benjamin86

Established Member
Özil was playing more like a box to box game today which worked really well because he's so good technically (first touch, control under pressure) he can receive the ball deep in the way Cazorla used to do and begin our attacks.

logic DC

basically he was playing like he does for Germany, almost like an extra CM? btw this is a question, unfortunately I missed the game.

OSBK

Established Member
He was all over. He tracked back alot,ost of that was down to rambo flying up yhe field.

Its no coincidence that when alexis,Özil and laca play together they all perform. As good as Özil was, alexis and laca were not far behind.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He was stupendous! A work of art, wondrous to see.

In before the ex Pool/Sp**s/Shearer pundits on tv starting moaning about “win something before taking selfies”.

Games like today makes you want to believe the players care. They get on my nerves but thankfully they atleast get the importance of the derby.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Performances like the one this man have today are the sole reason he gets so juicy criticism. HE CAN BE A DECIDER IN A BIG MATCH.

Helps if your defenders are a brick wall though

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All-action display today. He's capable of that, and that's what we need more often. I said a few weeks back that he looks in the same form he was in during the first few months after we signed him. You can't drop players with his capabilities just because they might want out. You have to trust they'll stay true to themselves and put out performances, and that's what he's doing.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Rewatching the highlights on sky here and he was outstanding. All the gripes that are normally there were not on display. Standing strong in the tackle, aggressive defensively and of course we all know his attacking talent.

Toast

Established Member
"I am convinced they [Özil and Sanchez] love the club and love the team, but all the rest will be decided - when? I don't really know," said Wenger.

"I believe they love the club and want to stay, but there are other top clubs out there who offer good contracts as well."

"They've shown their commitment again [against Tottenham]," added Wenger. "I've never questioned their commitment.

"They can have bad games but the problem is that, when a player gets near the end of his contract and has a bad game, everybody says it's because he's going. Their interest is to play."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom