• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Have people forgotten that he scored a blinder against Liverpool home last year as well ?

He hasn't been consistent enough for me either, but with him a turnaround was always on the cards, this season might just be it. I think people writing him off have been wrong and will be proven so.

HBL

Established Member
He actually has a fairly good scoring record vs top opposition
I believe he has scored six goals in 35-40 games against the 'big six' in the PL, hardly a groundbreaking record. I love Özil but he has to be more consistent, he set the standard on Monday night, we'll see how many times he can replicate a performance like that this season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I believe he has scored six goals in 35-40 games against the 'big six' in the PL, hardly a groundbreaking record. I love Özil but he has to be more consistent, he set the standard on Monday night, we'll see how many times he can replicate a performance like that this season.

Youré making out as if this is the first good game he has played . This is a guy that reached 50 premier assists in record time . Youré asking how many times he can repeat that performance against Leicester , I don't believe that many to be truthful . There's maybe 3 in the World that can do that week in ,week out .

Although everybody would love for Özil to score more goals that has not been his main job with us. Game control, Chance creation and assists making have been his main job and he has mostly delivered in that regard.

If Emery can get him to 15 goals this season then that would be a lovely addition to his game!

HBL

Established Member
Youré making out as if this is the first good game he has played . This is a guy that reached 50 premier assists in record time . Youré asking how many times he can repeat that performance against Leicester , I don't believe that many to be truthful . There's maybe 3 in the World that can do that week in ,week out .
No I'm not at all. A performance like that is almost impossible to replicate every week, probably only Messi, Neymar and Hazard at the minute that can come close to dominating a game like that every week but he has to be more consistent than he has been for us and he needs to get closer to that level of performance more regularly. His performances in big games are another example of that.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Were about to hit full circle for the week and start again next week. We just need someone to post that stat again about how the number 10s have done against the top 6. Just a few more pages :lol:

pikey2000

His performance VS Leiceser was joyful, he whole team in the second half were dominant in a way we haven't seen for a while BUT i'd still bench him for the big games, especially considering the way we are playing in the 1st half of games so far this season.

Just don't think we can afford to start slow and have Özil playing against the likes of Liverpool and City, they can and will punish us to the point where the game is out of site before its begun.

I'd go for a 3 man mid, Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey with Welbeck/Iwobi wide and Laca/Auba up top and focus on keeping it tight, then bring on Özil, Mhki, and one of Laca/Özil second half as "finishers" when the game starts to open up, concentration levels drop and fatigue starts to play a factor.

That is until we've reached City/Pool levels and start blowing teams away in the 1st half :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom