• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikaël Silvestre (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Re: Mikael Silvestre to Al Jazira

You can say what you want about the 'unfashionable' Silvestre but he came in as 5th choice CB, didn't complain and did his job relatively competently, certainly good enough given his position in the squad. If he was first, second or maybe even third choice then I could understand the vitriol but otherwise, I think it's quite unnecessary.

KY

Established Member

Sory mate but he was fourth choice and since Djourou was out of the whole season last season, he was effectively third choice. (until campbell came in).

Never want that repeated again. And I thought Cygan was bad...

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I used to think the same thing as Don but Silvestre's performances during the latter part of this season were disgraceful. Even Bartley would have done better. I don't like how he's been vocal about other players not doing their best after games where he's costed us points either.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Exactly.

GET THE **** IN BTW! Great link

KY

Established Member

plus the false sense of depth he's lulled wenger into when he might have purchased a better defender in the past year...

Hopefully he hasn't been teaching our youngster how to "defend"! :p

mo50

Established Member

Good riddance.

I was beginning to worry that Wenger may resign him.

kamikaze80

Established Member

his tenure at the club was an embarrassment. not just his level of play but his very presence. it was just wrong from day one. i'm going to mentally just erase the fact that he ever played for us.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

He scored against Tottenham and that alone has allowed to somewhat accept him as an Arsenal player.

Over the moon that his time here has come to an end though!

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

Woohoo

peanut-butter-jelly-time-77.gif

Y va marquer

Established Member

Excuse my ignorance but until I read the title of this thread properly I thought he was going to work for the news station. It's that difficult to believe that another club would want him :)
Sorry Mikael

Rorz

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Arsenal-defender-Silvestre-close-to-agreeing-terms-with-Al-Jazeera/8416/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... eera/8416/</a>

MAK 14

Established Member

Like most, I'll be happy to see the back of him. His time at the club hasn't been the best, but to be fair to him he has had to settle for a bench role and he's always got on with it and never complained; so for that, I'm grateful.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

Al Jazeera are reportedly offering the 32-year-old defender an annual salary of £4 million.

If the move is completed, Silvestre will face also Fabio Cannavaro, who recently signed for Dubai side Al Ahli on a salary of €3 million a year.

Sylvestre's gonna get more money than Cannavaro. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom