• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikaël Silvestre

Status
Not open for further replies.

awooga83

Established Member
Re: Mikael Silvestre

Well the first I saw this was today this morning and now its happened I don't know what to think, Wemger talks of players of real qulaity being the only kind he will sign then he signs a player like this, hasn't played for ages from a team who we are supposed to be competing with who clearly think he is not good enough. No doubt we needed boosting in defence but this is not the answer there were surely better options.

Also if this is the definite 1 more signing Wenger was talking about then he has let us down this isn't the top top qulaity and doesn't address our midfiled short comings.

Wenger is acting stranger and stranger lately.

Rohit

Established Member

I was wishing for this to be one of those silly rumour and nothing more. Alas!

Rohit

Established Member

He also gets a 2 year deal, when did we start giving players over 30 2 year deals?

nazo

Established Member

What. The. ****.
I think underwhelmed is the best word to be used here?

nazo

Established Member

I'm serious. We're better off signing some 20 year old for the same price. At least he'll last

guinertron

No need, and by the sound of it he is the missing link Wenger WAS looking for.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We have a strong squad but a young squad and Mikael’s versatility, experience and calibre will provide the extra depth we need to reinforce our challenge for honours this season. His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it’s a big plus that Mikael has top level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League.”

Lord Dula

Established Member

I actually am pleased with this signing - he'll provide good cover and I'm sure Wenger will get another midfielder in.

nazo

Established Member

If this is our last signing i will
2zjesf4.jpg

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Lord Dula said:
I actually am pleased with this signing - he'll provide good cover and I'm sure Wenger will get another midfielder in.

Agree. Bit amazed we can afford Sylvestre. We're rich!

henry79

kym7224 said:
bluenaz said:
If this is our last signing i will
2zjesf4.jpg

With Wenger's quote there is high possiblity of he is our last signing of this summer.

well then I guess we will have to put up with eboue playing DM for rest of the season!!!!!! :bash

arsmile

Established Member

s confirmed 2 year deal with cygans number....well, he's better than hoyte- so if he has hoyte's role i'll be happy- if he replaces toure i will cry, he'll have a lot of work to do to win over the fans, he diddnt leave in disgrace like gallas...where will he slot in 3rd choice?-surely not all of senderos, djourou, and song can be behind him ..and 2nd choice LB- does that mean a loan is on the cards for armand?..i think this is another one of wenger's 'well if he's available at that price i might aswell buy him' signings.....still, we all wanted experienced reinforcments for the backline- be careful what you wish for

now, for that midfielder Arsène and we are sorted for the title....sort of

havng said that, unless wenger sees something on deadline day, that could be our lot

JazzG

Established Member

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37324</a>

Please use this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom