• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wait a minute, you’ve just reversed back onto the fence. You dont trust the source and stated why, then you’re saying you wouldn’t be surprised if it were true... ffs :lol:
My original post I literally questioned American Gooner, giving Willian the benefit of the doubt cause I couldn’t see the logic of him doing that.

Better source though, yeah I wouldn’t have questioned it, he has priors.

I usually pick a side (and I’m certainly not on Williams) but until I see other sources I am comfortably on the fence with this one, you’re not wrong.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
My original post I literally questioned American Gooner, giving Willian the benefit of the doubt cause I couldn’t see the logic of him doing that.

Better source though, yeah I wouldn’t have questioned it, he has priors.

I usually pick a side (and I’m certainly not on Williams) but until I see other sources I am comfortably on the fence with this one, you’re not wrong.
I don’t believe it for the reason you stated fwiw.

I’ve obviously got no affiliation with the player beyond rating him at Chelsea and thinking we could well do with a player of his quality. That’d be a crime on this board, though, apparently... As a few class players have, I think his game has suffered greatly due to setup and just a tweak will see the player in a much better light. For that reason, I’ve still got faith in his quality and his ability to deliver performances that help us recover. All the rest is nonsense and agendas imo.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I don’t believe it for the reason you stated fwiw.

I’ve obviously got no affiliation with the player beyond rating him at Chelsea and thinking we could well do with a player of his quality.
Fwiw, I genuinely rated him at Chelsea also. My main beef is the length of his contract (the only reason he came) and his pecking order in the team.

Pyres7

If that source is right then my respect for Willian and Luiz goes up, in one way. Shows they're not here only for the pay cheque and want more.

It's probably bullshit though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sure Willian only said a while back Arteta will win the CL in the next few years.
willian said he is getting used to the tactics at arsenal and its tactics he has never played. He didnt say if it was good or bad tactics. But its clear reading between the lines he was talking about the tactics being negative

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don’t believe that. Willian is a Kia player. Who has the Kia connections? Raul and Edu.
Arteta has made it clear he wanted Willian. To say he had nothing to do with the signing makes no sense. No player signs for a club without speaking to the manager and with how much status Arteta had at the club in the summer if he said to Willian I dont want to sign you and wont play you. Would Willian say I dont care Im coming? Also has he behaved like a manager who never wante the player until now when he has played him over and over despite not performing? Its his guy 100%

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Arteta has made it clear he wanted Willian. To say he had nothing to do with the signing makes no sense. No player signs for a club without speaking to the manager and with how much status Arteta had at the club in the summer if he said to Willian I dont want to sign you and wont play you. Would Willian say I dont care Im coming? Also has he behaved like a manager who never wante the player until now when he has played him over and over despite not performing? Its his guy 100%

It’s because Arteta’s never liked Pepe. If Arteta had 100 million to spend in the summer I think he’d have pushed for someone of a lot more quality than free signing Willian. The Kia connection can’t be a coincidence.

Jae

As with everything, you can take those Arteta quotes either way depending on whether you are predisposed to either Arteta In/Out.

To me it seems he's saying that he wants to play a particular way but hasn't got the players, so he's had to adapt and change things around.

Classic chicken or the egg argument for me. Do you get the players for the manager or the manager for the players? Always going to be someone unhappy either way.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Fwiw, I genuinely rated him at Chelsea also. My main beef is the length of his contract (the only reason he came) and his pecking order in the team.

Me too. I thought he was going to be a very good signing and this **** we are seeing now would happen 2-3 years down the road when his legs went. Who could have know he was going to go to **** after 1 good game?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As with everything, you can take those Arteta quotes either way depending on whether you are predisposed to either Arteta In/Out.

To me it seems he's saying that he wants to play a particular way but hasn't got the players, so he's had to adapt and change things around.

Classic chicken or the egg argument for me. Do you get the players for the manager or the manager for the players? Always going to be someone unhappy either way.
So he is saying this team he has cant even play attacking football against the smaller teams in PL. Thats how much they are lacking? We have seen over and over anti football negative managers say oh if I had better players i would play more attacking football and we seen examples of when those managers like Moyes get the chance. Nothing changes. This is who they are just like some managers in smaller clubs play attacking football, thats who they are

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Someone mentioned China and the Özil thread immediately got locked.

The CCP is more powerful than any of you can possibly imagine.

Jae

So he is saying this team he has cant even play attacking football against the smaller teams in PL. Thats how much they are lacking? We have seen over and over anti football negative managers say oh if I had better players i would play more attacking football and we seen examples of when those managers like Moyes get the chance. Nothing changes. This is who they are just like some managers in smaller clubs play attacking football, thats who they are

Like I said it's the classic chicken or egg argument. I think he at least deserves a chance to sign the players he wants and if he doesn't show improvement then good riddance imo. Can't say he hasn't been backed and given a fair crack of the whip then.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom