• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A Jack Wilshere nostalgia session, life is good :drool:

tenor.gif

Why

Always Me ?
I think you will always see an attachment to youth players and a heightened expectation of them. Young players have the ability to play for the love of the game, and the desire to break into the first team.

Its the ones that make it who then need to fight against the alure of money and the ego of making it.

Saka seems pretty grounded, and a genuinely good kid, you see that from the way the team react to him even when he is not playing and the way Auba ran to him when he scored against Norwich.

I remember when Saka was coming through the same time as Amaechi and everyone was going nuts we let Amaechi leave. Hows he doing?

We want players who respect that Arsenal brought them through the ranks and respect the badge and want to play their heart out.

You see that from Saka, and him signing a new contract is fantastic.

ESR during preseason friendlies was genuinely exciting, he drove at defences, I remember watching one game he ran through 3-4 players and took a shot. He didn't score but it was great to see a player who could take people on from the middle of the park. Why I rate him, he seems to care and is doing a decent job on loan when not injured.

Wilshere was always an interesting one, he was a good player, and had a nasty streak, if you watched him or knew anyone who played against him he did stamp on toes and try to bully players. But he took to being a "star" awfully, lots of issues outside the game and a problem with stardom. Women, drugs and still the rumours of injuries that were actually more around his drug habit than real injuries. I would have loved him to be succesful. But alas he was not.

There are some really exciting youngsters out there, but they need to stay grounded like Saka and not become a Wilshere.

Trofton

I think you will always see an attachment to youth players and a heightened expectation of them. Young players have the ability to play for the love of the game, and the desire to break into the first team.

Its the ones that make it who then need to fight against the alure of money and the ego of making it.

Saka seems pretty grounded, and a genuinely good kid, you see that from the way the team react to him even when he is not playing and the way Auba ran to him when he scored against Norwich.

I remember when Saka was coming through the same time as Amaechi and everyone was going nuts we let Amaechi leave. Hows he doing?

We want players who respect that Arsenal brought them through the ranks and respect the badge and want to play their heart out.

You see that from Saka, and him signing a new contract is fantastic.

ESR during preseason friendlies was genuinely exciting, he drove at defences, I remember watching one game he ran through 3-4 players and took a shot. He didn't score but it was great to see a player who could take people on from the middle of the park. Why I rate him, he seems to care and is doing a decent job on loan when not injured.

Wilshere was always an interesting one, he was a good player, and had a nasty streak, if you watched him or knew anyone who played against him he did stamp on toes and try to bully players. But he took to being a "star" awfully, lots of issues outside the game and a problem with stardom. Women, drugs and still the rumours of injuries that were actually more around his drug habit than real injuries. I would have loved him to be succesful. But alas he was not.

There are some really exciting youngsters out there, but they need to stay grounded like Saka and not become a Wilshere.
Agree with everything you said especially playing with heart and remembering how they got where they are but the modern game isn’t like that anymore really

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We're probably losing to Leicester just because it's 2020 and Arsenal and we can't really have nice things, but boy oh boy it's good to be excited about Arsenal again.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Follow, follow, follow. Arsenal are the team to follow. And there's nobody better than Mikel Arteta, he's the best little Spaniard we know

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

There was a fraud in here asking what the Arteta fanboys would do if we didn't win the rest of our remaining games....

:lol::lol::lol:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Proper ****house win but it's 3 points, away from home and with a clean sheet. No complains.

I just hope to see more attacking football soon.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Perfect game management from him today, credit where it’s due. That AMN change to match Adama was key. Well done Mikel.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom