• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like i've said previously we are doing a Liverpool but in reverse. Doing the defensive job instead of the attacking one.

It'll work eventually. If we did it the other way games would be open and full of goals, we'd batter smaller teams but against better opponents there'd still only be a goal or two in it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
thanks man.. have to spell it out since some of your posts leave the impression that its needed

If I were to guess I'd say you were the infamous Lee Gunner. Have that way about you, love it when things are going wrong so you can stick your negative comments in. Piss off :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What this nonsense premise that we’re only going to be getting one chance a game anyway, or are only ever going to score one goal? It’s just convenient bullshit to hang onto for anyone who has yesterdays win stuck in their throat. ‘Yeah but .. yeah but... what if the sky falls down?’. Do me a favour :lol:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Mod Edit: is it possible for you to debate without the personal attacks?

yup. i just responded to his rudeness. have a look.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He's got the defensive phases nailed down without a shadow of a doubt. You can't deny we are structurally far more stronger in defending and transitioning to defense.

That said, I agree we have serious issues in attack but its not something we can't address. I honestly think its a combination of both Arteta and the players we have in attack not being able to click to go with the defensive phases of play.

However, now a strong central midfield base is forming with Partey and Elneny while taking out Xhaka out of the team is likely to solidify our balance both in defensive phases as well as a less ponderous midfield so it would be about the right time for Arteta to build towards an attack 4.

I think the solution honestly is just playing all of Willian, Pepe, Auba and one of Laca or Saka in some combination.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta likes players who can do the simple things well and follow all his instructions. He’s not so fond of players who can have few very good moments but lack consistency in doing the basics. Hence why he needs to be surrounded by more El Nenys and less Pepe.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What I've been most impressed with is that for the first time in a while, our defense looks rock solid.

Even when we're beaten, we rarely ever lose by more than one goal margin.

We already have the best defensive record in the league despite having had the most difficult run of fixtures in the league so far.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mikel gets credit for fixing the mistakes with Leicester for United. He got it spot on.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
he is now in his Moyes phase .. gritty hardworking teams .. then he will find his henry and move into Wenger phase and then he will lose his hair and Saudi Arabia will buy Arsenal and he will move into his Pep phase

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The bleep test stuff is bit of banter. I’ll continue to do that don’t you worry.

You can search through all my posts on him. It’s very clear when I’m seriously assessing him and when I’m poking fun. It’s been consistent: he has great potential as a manager but he’s still a work in progress. Note: wanting Auba to have more than 2 shots a game isn’t wanting prime Barca football by the way.

I’ve noticed a few of you are looking for faces to rub this victory in but the truth is there are no more than five posters in this thread who seriously want him out and five might be generous.

Can't I'd much rather prefer beep test players over the likes of Xhaka and Lacazette anyway.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I agree with @Jury. For Arteta to solve the attacking issues he needs better attackers to work with than what we have in the squad (bar hopefully Martinelli making an impact when he returns).

Until then, most games are going to be tight. Decisions such as the Lacazette goal against Leicester getting wrongly ruled out is what’s going to be the difference. That goal gets given and we beat Leicester rather than lose.
From what I saw the Leicester and ManU games were not that different in e.g. our 1st half performances. If we would have scored in either game in the first half we could have won both.

We are a work in progress. Our attack still needs some work but that will come also. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bellerín scores next league game if he plays. He is getting in really good scoring positions. Same for Lacazette.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom