• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
A front three of Iwobi Auba and Mkhi is a lot more balanced than Auba, Laca & Pepe, and I didn’t even like it at the time.
There is no doubt our attacking quality has regressed a lot in less than 2 years, even if only due to the departure of Ramsey and the non availability of Özil.
Signing one top quality AM fixes that gaping hole in our squad to get it back to what it was. A top forward signing on top of that gives us a competing attack again.

Two signings is all it takes. They have to be the right signings.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I look at Mhki and Iwobi in this current set up and it makes my eyes bleed. I get your point but they simply don't make this attack better than the current players we have, I think it's the system tho.

A big problem we have is we can't sustain attacks/keep the ball in the opposition half. I think Iwobi especially was decent at doing this.

Neither though had enough quality for Arsenal, shows how far we've fallen that, in my opinion we are missing what they brought to the team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come on ffs. It's all starting to make sense tho that the expectations on this forum are way over the top when people elevate Pepe and Lacazette to this level. Son is borderline world-class at this stage. Pepe's best performance come in the EL mostly and Laca is mid-table quality, they're absolutely not comparable in the slightest. That's before factoring in Bale too. Heck you could argue Bergwijn has had a much bigger impact in his short time at Sp**s than Pepe has here. Their attacking quality is vastly superior. Auba is the only attacker we have than can talk to them.
Up until this season Son has never got more than 14 PL goals in a season. People were saying Kane was finished last season as well.

Think you give their improvement to Mourinho. Rather than putting it all on the players which indirectly excuses Arteta.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Up until this season Son has never got more than 14 PL goals in a season. People were saying Kane was finished last season as well.

Think you give their improvement to Mourinho. Rather than putting it all on the players which indirectly excuses Arteta.

He was still much better than most of our options tho, always rated song but yes Mourinho has helped Son and Kane go up a couple of levels, especially as a partnership. But it's not as if Son had never shown anything before this, while we all knew what Kane was capable of given how many seasons he's been near or at the top of the goal-scoring charts.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I might be strangled for this but I think Mkhitaryan is a much better player than he showed during Emery's reign. He was excellent during our EL run with Wenger in charge and seemed to slot in nicely. Was never an Emery style player tho, not surprising he looked pretty useless with what Emery wanted him to do. And in Özil, Ramsey, Auba just signed and Emery actually inherited a pretty decent attack. Laca was better 2 years ago, Welbeck still around, Iwobi another option. It's actually criminal how everything was handled by Emery, Raul and co.

Yeah fan opinion on players means nothing really.. As frustrating as Mkhi was and as much as I didn't like or rate him when he was here, it's pretty clear he had good qualities we are missing now.

3/5 of the main creative players under Emery was let go without being properly replaced. Raul basically set Emery up to fail lol(now I don't think he would have succeeded here anyway, but who knows if he actually got what he wanted). Iwobi is a ball progressing machine, excellent link up player( something this team sorely lacks).

Losing these players isn't an issue as it's obvious we can easily upgrade on them, but losing them without any replacement is just foolish and you can clearly see the decline in our offence(it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it looks right now though). This is why I still have some hope Arteta can get us to play good football, but time will tell.

Manberg

Predator
If we sign top attacking talent and continue to fail to score goals on a consistent basis then I will completely blame Arteta. Until then I trust him and I support the process.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Remember when Mourinho was a dinosaur at United? Fast forward 18 months and he is "improving" Kane and Son and is all of a sudden a genius again. Quality is quality.

Nagglesman (the hipsters demigod) has mentioned before the manager is basically as good as the players he has.

Manberg

Predator
By the way, I’ve never seen any of our current players produce to the level that Son and Kane have... under any manager. Not even at international level. Therefore I don’t see how you can put that down to the manager rather than the quality of the players.

Edit: Martinelli and Saka have the potential to do so.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Them stats are cute I get that but just look at the list, Kola second highest, Alexis behind Ramsey/Mhki, it means nothing because depending on how the manager sets us up players will create/more less.

On the eye test Mhki and Iwobi were trash, as I have said.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So many indirects on here, people forgetting to use the @ button it seems.

Kane is Kane. He’s one of the best strikers in the world...but so is Auba and Auba has out scored him in the league for not one but two seasons in a row.

Now he’s ****ting on Auba, the only change for both clubs is that their respective managers are having a go at their first full season with the club but it’s nothing to do with that?

Same thing with Son, guy has never had more than 14 goals in the league, he’s sitting on 10 in November but it’s all to do with the player despite the only change being the manager?

GDeep™

League is very weak
By the way, I’ve never seen any of our current players produce to the level that Son and Kane have... under any manager. Not even at international level. Therefore I don’t see how you can put that down to the manager rather than the quality of the players.

Edit: Martinelli and Saka have the potential to do so.
Auba has been one of the best goal scorers in Europe for the last 6/7 years? This season is barely getting chances, Harry Maguire has had more shots on goal, that’s on the manager.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Kane is Kane. He’s one of the best strikers in the world...but so is Auba and Auba has out scored him in the league for not one but two seasons in a row.

Now he’s ****ting on Auba, the only change for both clubs is that their respective managers are having a go at their first full season with the club but it’s nothing to do with that?

Same thing with Son, guy has never had more than 14 goals in the league, he’s sitting on 10 in November but it’s all to do with the player despite the only change being the manager?

@Manberg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hasn’t Auba scored more than Kane in the PL over the last two seasons? I think.

Kane is the better footballer, Auba is as good a scorer though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hasn’t Auba scored more than Kane in the PL over the last two seasons? I think.

Kane is the better footballer, Auba is as good a scorer though.

Kane is unreal, his injuries are a worry tho. I said I thought if United went for Kane over Sancho it would be the better business. Controversial tho.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How about the fact that Kane has had significant injuries over the last 2 years and is now coming into his physical prime? Son is also a top player and is exploding this season as he is benefiting from Kane's passing ability.

People give managers too much credit for "improving" players. A top player is a top player, end of.

People were also slating Mourinho at United for holding back their players, now is he "improving" Tottenhams players, I thought he was a dinosaur...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kane is unreal, his injuries are a worry tho. I said I thought if United went for Kane over Sancho it would be the better business. Controversial tho.
Not controversial at all, like you say though, injuries and even age/price means he probably won’t get a major transfer. He’s 28 in 6 months.

Manberg

Predator
Auba has been one of the best goal scorers in Europe for the last 6/7 years? This season is barely getting chances, Harry Maguire has had more shots on goal, that’s on the manager.

Auba not getting chances is on Auba. A striker’s job is not to wait in the box and expect a magical pass so he can score a tap in. Not in the modern game.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not controversial at all, like you say though, injuries and even age/price means he probably won’t get a major transfer. He’s 28 in 6 months.

5 years of prime Kane for over 100m? Probably wins you at least a league title, re unite him with Poch etc. Ed are you listening?

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom