• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We aren't even a quarter of the way in and you're bringing stuff up that is based over a full season?

• Pepe and Willian currently have 11 G/A between them. They need to get 19 more between them 36-45 more games to hit my target. That ones on track.
  • Lacazette is on 4, 11 away from my target with 36-45 games to go.
  • Auba is the one player nobody thought this sort of thing would happen to, everyone thought he'd score like he always does. Hence why everyone was behind him getting a 350k a week new contract.

My point still stands, we have goals in our attacking players. The players behind them aren't creating anything. You're telling me its the managers fault so you must agree we have goals in the front line, no?

I expected better from you bro, from all the things I've said you pick something that could still happen :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You’ve made regular posts lamenting the fact Emery had 36 goals from Iwobi, Mkhi, Özil and Ramsey (4 players) with Arteta only having Willian in comparison, but you also think Willian and Pepe (2 players) are good for 30 goals. So Arteta doesn’t have it that bad then? You think he has two wide players who can get almost as many goals as Emery’s two wide players, midfielder and no.10. How lucky is Arteta?!

Nothing is being created because Arteta has them playing sideways and crossing it in. Why isn’t he playing Willian as a 10? He said when he signed him that’s something Willian could do. He hasn’t tried it once. Instead he’s picking square pegs in round holes, players who have zero creativity (Lacazette as a 10 is moronic).

You also swerved the fact you said this group of players will shock the league.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think on our current form, it is not unlikely that we will lose the next three games. If that comes to pass, it will be hard for the board not to take action.

The question is though, will changing the manager really be decisive? We've seen so much from the current squad of players suggesting that they are the real problem here.

On the other hand, changing the manager is the easiest quickfix, however, long term major surgery is needed to the squad. Some of them are simply not fit for purpose.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His bad management and putting faith on wrong players has cost him he should learn this sport is no friends business he done things absolutely wrong players will clearly won't be happy with the treatment they getting or seeing players massively out of form play ahead of them. No surprise about the bad discipline no effort same mistakes every game. How AMN Ceballos Willock pepe Nelson Nektiah will feel when they seeing bellerin xhaka laca Willian playing and not preforming and they just sit on bench?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think on our current form, it is not unlikely that we will lose the next three games. If that comes to pass, it will be hard for the board not to take action.

The question is though, will changing the manager really be decisive? We've seen so much from the current squad of players suggesting that they are the real problem here.

On the other hand, changing the manager is the easiest quickfix, however, long term major surgery is needed to the squad. Some of them are simply not fit for purpose.
changing the manager doesnt have to be quickfix though. It doesnt matter if a worse manager comes in and even if an interim manager take over. The first thing is to make it clear this is unacceptable performance. You have to have some level you cant go below and if you do, its the sack no matter what. at any big club level we have surpassed that. The club eeds to send a message this is not good enough and sack him. Worry about everything else later. Also its impossible to get a worse manager unless its another guy in his first job with no track history

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Kroenke will make decision before January no matter how little interest he got in this club but he is owner and we'll lose more money and pressure will get into him if things gone more bad. Even if it's was supposed to be long term rebuild with mikel but it hasn't helped with the decision he made so there no other choice unfortunately

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To me this situation needs sorting out pre transfer window. We're not in a good way at all.

If Arteta's going, he really needs to go pre transfer window. You can't leave him hanging by a thread through that window.

If the board are going to back him, they need to fully back him in January to ship 3-4 out and bring a few in.

This is nut cutting time now. The board need to make a decision and back it fully. Whichever way.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You’ve made regular posts lamenting the fact Emery had 36 goals from Iwobi, Mkhi, Özil and Ramsey (4 players) with Arteta only having Willian in comparison, but you also think Willian and Pepe (2 players) are good for 30 goals. So Arteta doesn’t have it that bad then? You think he has two wide players who can get almost as many goals as Emery’s two wide players, midfielder and no.10. How lucky is Arteta?!

Nothing is being created because Arteta has them playing sideways and crossing it in. Why isn’t he playing Willian as a 10? He said when he signed him that’s something Willian could do. He hasn’t tried it once. Instead he’s picking square pegs in round holes, players who have zero creativity (Lacazette as a 10 is moronic).

You also swerved the fact you said this group of players will shock the league.

I wish you'd actually read stuff properly instead of simply using it as a stick to beat people with.

I said Emery had 36 goals in the league from the 4 players you mentioned.

I said that Pepe and Willian are good for 30 goals in all comps. Big difference in the wording pal.

Arteta has them crossing it in because we only have creativeish wide players in the squad, nothing central. He clearly doesn't see Willian as a number 10 nor does he want to play 4231 long term, he wants to play 433. Also why the **** would he play Willian in the hole when Nelson is injured and Pepe is suspended? You want Nketiah RW? :lol:

I'm against him picking certain players for obvious reasons, but the decision to play Willian over the past couple of games isn't an issue due to the lack of available players.

He actually used Willian in the 10 against Sheff Utd and it worked very well.

Again, going after things people said and then things changing in the space of a few months just isn't it pal. Pretty pathetic way to go about things actually, what are you trying to achieve? Things change in an instant in life and in football. Opinions will change over time if players don't perform for example, which is whats happening.

You're better than this, not sure how you're trusted.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I suppose a positive is that our form and league position are so bad that at least the executives and owner must be actively paying attention to what's going on. I assume most seasons they just give the manager a brief at the start, take a nap and then check back in at the end of the season to see if we've won the fa cup or not.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The thing that angers me, is that things might be worse now on the player front than when he came.

Everyone has stopped scoring and our form is worse than under Emery. Plus we've got Cedric, Luiz and Willian draining our finances.

We're going nowhere fast.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The joke is when we were replacing our manager, Everton went for Ancelotti and our board went for Mikel lol.

Everton would never even consider it and he’s more of an Everton legend.

It was probably the more secure choice and would have had us ticking along nicely, but to be honest we were all caught up in the future of football talk at the time, myself included.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Emery wasn't even that mess he just lost dressing room but Arteta did took it to another level here. In emery last games the problem were his negative tactics changing alot. Arteta man management is awful tactics is confusing putting faith on wrong players.

Reactions: Kav

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom