• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Does Willian not realise he's not starting under a serious manager? It's genuinely best for him if Arteta stays as long as possible. :lol:
Luiz stayed here because Arteta wanted him to and Arteta wanted Willian so i don't get what the reason they going against if true.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Luiz stayed here because Arteta wanted him to and Arteta wanted Willian so i don't get what the reason they going against if true.

Word going around that Luiz and Arteta don't communicate, wouldn't surprise me if Willian is so egotistical that being dropped for the last game alone has turned him too. It's kinda came back to bite Arteta all this, he persuaded Luiz to stay even after letting him down so many times, he wanted Willian, kept playing him, turned a blind eye to the Dubai trip, now these are the same guys trying to get him sacked.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Word going around that Luiz and Arteta don't communicate, wouldn't surprise me if Willian is so egotistical that being dropped for the last game alone has turned him too. It's kinda came back to bite Arteta all this, he persuaded Luiz to stay even after letting him down so many times, he wanted Willian, kept playing him, turned a blind eye to the Dubai trip, now these are the same guys trying to get him sacked.
man i wish i can fast forward to summer to get rid of all of them even if Arteta not staying here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

BTW, think this is more about Willian backing Luiz and not so much about being dropped per se.

If you go by how Edu was talking about him coming good, it means that they're all well aware that people in and around the club do not understand why he got a three year contract.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
For me this can't go any longer players manager have to find peace and at least finish the season without problems we not in good position and the longer this goes the worse it'll get. all of them believe in Mikel in summer why you going against after just 2 months the process is not even 5% ffs.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Totally believe he's capable.

luiz1.gif

luiz2.gif

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Word going around that Luiz and Arteta don't communicate
Yet the Brazilian's representatives quickly rebutted the suggestion.

A statement read: "David Luiz strongly denies this story about him and Arteta and insists he has a good relationship with Arteta and wishes nothing but success."

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also i find funny Kia call himself massive arsenal fan he has no interest of us he just here to get money and move on. don't believe a super agent they all leeches.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not even just their scouting tbf, aside from the Ox and Keita who have poor injury records they rarely get a transfer wrong under Klopp. You've got players Klopp originally signed that are still in his main 11. Gini, Mane, Robbo, Salah all early signings. He rarely gets anything wrong.

That's one of the main reasons why they don't spend much money, fantastic to watch to be honest. Amazing that its been 5 years and they have had so much success with signings from such a small amount of money.
The system is also so good that you pretty much know exactly the kind of player you need to be a success there.

That’s one advantage of these modern system type managers, they can get good value in the market. Compare that to Wenger who liked getting in world class players who could improvise on the pitch and you could see why we always struggled to get that top top quality that he wanted.

Meanwhile Klopp drops about 30M on Salah (with little competition) who is fairly limited compared to someone like Sanchez but he’s already had a better PL career.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying our form over the past 4 years or so is soley down to those three players. It's obviously not. These 3 players are symbolic of our failures though. Big name players who haven't produced the goods at anywhere near the level that is expected and haven't suffered any repercussions for it.

You say that Emery didn't have a clue about how to set us or a play style. We didn't have an effective set up or style of play under him, that's true. But it's weird how he hasn't seemed to have this problem around style and set up at most other clubs he's managed.

If we want to think of ourselves as a big club when it comes to hiring and firing managers that should also extend to the players who are failures. Mustafi, Xhaka, Torreira, Laca, Bellerin, Özil, Willian, Luiz etc epitomise failure as talents at Arsenal and some in terms of mentality too. They need to be out of the club ASAP in my view.

If you don't get rid of them you're asking the new manager to manage with a hand tied behind his back. It's not fair.
Mustafi and Xhaka fair enough but they’re both second choice in their positions these days anyway. So is Luiz.

Does Bellerin actually have poor mentality or is he just average? Same applies to Willian and Laca, don’t think anybody can question their attitude. Özil hasn’t featured so I don’t think he can be dragged into it either.

I’ve noticed this argument gaining traction and I still don’t quite get it. Are you suggesting we have some rotten personalities in the squad and they spread bad energy that stops people from listening to the manager?

I really disagree, the only person that has history of being a bad dressing room influence is Luiz right? This just seems like a dressed up way of saying our players are crap.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The system is also so good that you pretty much know exactly the kind of player you need to be a success there.

That’s one advantage of these modern system type managers, they can get good value in the market. Compare that to Wenger who liked getting in world class players who could improvise on the pitch and you could see why we always struggled to get that top top quality that he wanted.

Meanwhile Klopp drops about 30M on Salah (with little competition) who is fairly limited compared to someone like Sanchez but he’s already had a better PL career.

Tbf to Wenger we bought some absolute dross in his last few years at the club. How involved he was in that I don’t know.

Don’t think he needed top, top players necessarily. Peak example is 2016. Wenger keen for Jamie Vardy and we give him Lucas Perez. Joel Campbell hanging round the club for years as well.

As for Kia and his Samba scumbags I’ve learnt never to be excited for a Chelsea signing. Ever.

Pulisic or Reece James could suddenly admit to being lifelong Gunners and force their way out to us tomorrow and I’d want nothing to do with them.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Peak example is 2016. Wenger keen for Jamie Vardy and we give him Lucas Perez. Joel Campbell hanging round the club for years as well.
Yeah Wenger surprised me with wanting Vardy, wasn’t a Wenger type signing at all but he saw the quality. I wonder what his plans for him were. Wenger was pretty decent when he wanted to go system mode, gave Theo a career by just spamming his pace. :lol:

Wish he used that kind of system thinking later in his career when he had a real weird blend of semi limited players with very useful attributes in the squad but he was a purist till the very end.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom