• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I actually don't think the team selection was wrong, we looked like scoring at any moment in the first half.

We dominated them in the first half, they really had the Gabriel mistake to work with.

On rewatch it was clear that Zinchenko also took the "Jorgi" role to give us those direct balls to Havertz, to attack their high line. We needed to convert those to open up the game.

Tactically we did the right things, it didnt work out and we paid for it in the end.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Wow I wouldn't have thought we were the most clinical with respect to chances created. Even more so than Sp**s who I thought were the clinical kings this year and Utd who I thought were clinical but just created nothing. Infact they are the second least clinical.

I dont think we pay attention to the chances other teams miss (although its not so much against us these days) anywhere near as much as our own. What it shows is our expected goals is like 6th on the chart across the season, we are still not creating enough to win the PL.
What do we do with the attack @SA Gunner? we are not going to get many more gains out of set peices and won't always outperform xG significantly. You could say our exceedence of xG over the past 2 seasons has kept us in the last 2 title race. I still think we are a little too predictable in attack. But if you play with more freedom and risk, and bring in some flashy less structured wingers, you potentially lose the control and defensive solidity we currently have.

I think i am right in saying our xga is excellent.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Can't think of much wrong that Arteta did really, the game should have been wrapped up by the first half and we know Emery teams capitulate after the first goal.

Trossard cost us more than the unpopulars that many on here are insisting on blaming.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We dominated them in the first half, they really had the Gabriel mistake to work with.

On rewatch it was clear that Zinchenko also took the "Jorgi" role to give us those direct balls to Havertz, to attack their high line. We needed to convert those to open up the game.

Tactically we did the right things, it didnt work out and we paid for it in the end.
If you look at other teams, including Liverpool and City, they have games where they squander chances too. We’ve been more efficient than every other team in front of goal this season.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think you've learnt the wrong lesson. We dominated the first half and should have won it. It was the poor energy levels in the second half from some of our top players that cost us the game. If they'd come on as impact subs with the score at 0-0 we would probably have won.

Maybe. To be fair I only watched the second half and I haven’t had the stomach to watch highlights although I gather the first half was a procession where we brought everything but forgot the marching band…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We’ve been more efficient than every other team in front of goal this season.

Have we?

I thought our xG conversion rate was pretty mid?

Edit: you’re right we’re 3rd for conversion.

This just keeps adding fuel to my argument that we need a CM way more than we need a striker. This will become a hell of a lot more evident to everyone should Ødegaard actually be injured

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Only Arteta would sign a left-back who can't defend, a striker who can't score goals and a “midfielder” who can't pass.

Arteta thinks he's a lot smarter than he is. Lets not forget in a must win game against Villareal, Mikel played Xhaka at left-back and ESR as a false nine striker.
I'm going to make a sweeping statement that fits my ongoing amateur psycho-analysis of someone I've never met and to double down on it I'm going to use a one-off game from 3 years ago when we had a squad full of dross and 4 starters injured or not fit to start.....

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It proved to be wrong in the end though didnt it?
Using outcome as your only measuring stick is a pretty poor assessor of process.

Otherwise OGS & ETH would be leading Utd towards titles, and Emery's first season with us would have ended in glory.

If everyone was actually fit, we would have seen a different line up.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
You’ve literally been given title races because the Kroenke’s have got total control and since 2019 have been matching City for spending.
The Kroenke's deserve that recognition for sure, but for the wider point, Chelsea and Man Utd say hi...

HattoriHanzo

Teta and his squad are about to bottle it again and Baldspray attack Wenger. Thats how we know the season is close to its end.
Here are the prediction for Prem title in last 5 weeks, according to Opta:

Opta prediction

Arsenal is always 3rd favourite, since 2 days ago 2nd favourite.
Also, in all prediction I saw in many other places (not just Opta), Arsenal were never 1st favourite.

Can you explain to me how they can bottle the title not being 1st favourite?

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom