• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I get what you're saying but this resonated with me that I had to share. Beating City to a title is a behemoth task but one that is certainly doable. Let's not forget Leicester beat City to a title that was led by Pep. Let's not act like we aren't spending crazy sums of money too. We beat City to sign Rice.

How can you complain about City's money when you have beaten them to a player's signature? If money was that much of a game-changer then Chelsea and United would be flourishing. Are we going to blame City for Arsenal keeping Eddie, Nelson and ESR? Should we blame City's 115 charges on Arsenal buying Vieira and Havertz? Is Pep to blame for Partey, Jesus and Zinny getting injured?

Are you really comparing Leicester beating City to the title, as the same developed City team we see today?

There are problems with our side of course, but take note of the fact that Liverpool got to 97 points and then 93 points and still lost the league title. This same City team has gone to 100 points, 98 points, 94 points in winning the league.

That is the standard that they have set, do you understand this?

To win the league you have to be perfect or near perfect. Think about that for a minute, and who can actually do that from the managers in the league right now? There is only one who has actually come close, and still failed for the better part of 10 years.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
City weren't a juggernaut when Guardiola went there they were starting the like a washed Sagna and Clichy pair of FBs with Hart behind them.

Also Ferguson spent absurd amounts himself.

They'd won the league twice within the last 5 years before he joined while outspending everyone by a gigantic margin, come on.

Comparing it to Ferguson is absurd. The later spending by Man Utd were because of Ferguson's success, not because they were some doped up sportswashing project. And again, they hadn't won the league for almost 3 decades before he joined, Man City had won it 2 times recently when Guardiola took over.

I don't understand why people can't acknowledge the clear advantage City have when it's so blatantly obvious. I mean ffs they're literally facing 115 allegations because of it, yet we're just expected to go "Pep's brilliant mate stop moaning". Both can be (and are) true.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Are you really comparing Leicester beating City to the title, as the same developed City team we see today?

There are problems with our side of course, but take note of the fact that Liverpool got to 97 points and then 93 points and still lost the league title. This same City team has gone to 100 points, 98 points, 94 points in winning the league.

To win the league you have to be perfect or near perfect. Think about that for a minute, and who can actually do that from the managers in the league right now? There is only one who has actually come close, and still failed for the better part of 10 years.

7qRiJ0y.png

Imagine setting the 4th all-time PL points tally and not winning the league ffs. Proper bottler that Klopp guy is.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

City won the title last season with 89 points. That points tally doesn't even crack the top ten. Even if City win every game left of this season, they would be on 94 points, which would be the sixth-highest points tally ever.

Yes, it is harder to win the league but there has been a points tally inflation for the last decade or so.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
City won the title last season with 89 points. That points tally doesn't even crack the top ten. Even if City win every game left of this season, they would be on 94 points, which would be the sixth-highest points tally ever.

Yes, it is harder to win the league but there has been a points tally inflation for the last decade or so.

Because we gave up in the end bro, they didnt need to push anymore and could focus on the treble.

Did you see the run they went on to catch and overtake us? They were unbeaten in 15 games, including a 12 game winning streak. Had they continued winning to the end they would have ended on 94 points, after the relatively rough start they had that season.

Lets not try and diminish the level that City has taken title races to. Its extreme levels where a draw feels like a loss because of the zero room for error.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Because we gave up in the end bro, they didnt need to push anymore and could focus on the treble.

Did you see the run they went on to catch and overtake us? They were unbeaten in 15 games, including a 12 game winning streak. Had they continued winning to the end they would have ended on 94 points, after the relatively rough start they had that season.

Lets not try and diminish the level that City has taken title races to. Its extreme levels where a draw feels like a loss because of the zero room for error.

This is a good point. You can literally lose one game in ****ing November and half of this place turns into "title challenge is over" because of it :lol:

As I said, they've ruined the ****ing league. One mistake feels like the end of the world. When teams performed like they are it used to one-offs and people just went "this is their year". It's been City's year every single ****ing season for like 7 years now, they're putting up back to back to back to back all-time league campaigns while winning a treble in the process.

I hope the 115 allegations erases everything but we all know they'll get like a 4 point deduction and a one season transfer ban at most.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They'd won the league twice within the last 5 years before he joined while outspending everyone by a gigantic margin, come on.

Comparing it to Ferguson is absurd. The later spending by Man Utd were because of Ferguson's success, not because they were some doped up sportswashing project. And again, they hadn't won the league for almost 3 decades before he joined, Man City had won it 2 times recently when Guardiola took over.

I don't understand why people can't acknowledge the clear advantage City have when it's so blatantly obvious. I mean ffs they're literally facing 115 allegations because of it, yet we're just expected to go "Pep's brilliant mate stop moaning". Both can be (and are) true.
City won two titles in five years before Guardiola, they're about to win the sixth in eight seasons since he's there.

United spent loads before they started winning titles is what I was saying. Not City levels but they hardly did it on the back of Fungus success he signed Ince Phelan Pallister Schmeichel Cantona for massive fees before they ever won the league. Tried signing Shearer as well, guy was the definition of chequebook.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

I get what you're saying but this resonated with me that I had to share. Beating City to a title is a behemoth task but one that is certainly doable. Let's not forget Leicester beat City to a title that was led by Pep. Let's not act like we aren't spending crazy sums of money too. We beat City to sign Rice.

How can you complain about City's money when you have beaten them to a player's signature? If money was that much of a game-changer then Chelsea and United would be flourishing. Are we going to blame City for Arsenal keeping Eddie, Nelson and ESR? Should we blame City's 115 charges on Arsenal buying Vieira and Havertz? Is Pep to blame for Partey, Jesus and Zinny getting injured?
Guardiola was managing Bayern when Leicester won the league. His first season was when Chelsea got 93 points, since then except for Liverpool's covid title he's won the league every year.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
he signed Ince Phelan Pallister Schmeichel Cantona for massive fees

Are you ****ing kidding me? :lol: Those guys were signed for a combined £17m, £10m of it was Ince ffs :lol:

Guardiola spent £427m in his two seasons. This comparison is ridiculous, I can't even ****ing believe you're making this argument.

Guardiola spends £427m: Pure brilliance mate flawless manager.

Ferguson spends £17m: Pure checkbook he's nothing without the money.

I think your bias is showing a bit mate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do think that as much of an architect of City’s dominance as Pep has been they do also have one of the GOAT directors of football there who’s unlocked an infinite money glitch.

Left Barcelona for City in 2010 and look at the respective business done by both clubs since then.

fute

tbf EVERYONE in England has crumbled when Pep has got his groove on bar Covid Klopp. Its their record of late season invincibility that puts on so much more pressure than previously in football history.

There are only about 5 teams in the EPL era that have accrued more points than the Pep title challenge everage. You literally have to be historically good to beat them, so every dropped point feels a disaster.

That said, all it takes is a ligament pull to the right player(s) there and its game on again, so no time to feel dispirited. Shame Sergio Ramos isn't still at Madrid to maim a couple...

They aren't invincible. That is the key. People who think they are crumble on the pressure.

We beat them already and didn't lose to them all year. That in itself is enough evidence.

We are the best team in the league and still aqcuiesing to these guys? Nah.

Keep hearing how great City is or how are good Aston Villa.

Then who are we? I tell you: we are best team in the PL.

It is time we show it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That defeat, and more so the manner of it really knocked me for six. There's a way to lose with some self belief and that wasn't it against Villa.

I've been fairly dismissive of previous sides, good side but bottlers when it really mattered etc well after last season ( which I think was a bit more forgivable) and this one, this squad is in danger of falling into the same bracket.

There are always excuses for any side that falters, good opposition, fatigue, lack of depth etc but that's what they are excuses. Great sides overcome all these things.

I rate Arteta and virtually all of our players highly, the journey they've been on the past few seasons has been pretty great but they've got to overcome these mental hurdles when the pressure really gets going.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Not true at all but we know you have an agenda already, so no point

Just to pick this up a bit I'm not one to **** on legends of the past but my point was that had Wenger had the budget that Arteta enjoys now he'd have had access to a squad that would have probably got an extra 10-15 points that season.

Even the very best in the world do better with better circumstances, who knew?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because they have combined extreme financial doping with an all-time great manager. Their wage bill is still extreme despite efforts to cut it down which allows to have world class players everywhere, including on the bench.

The worst part is the media does everything to ignore this and played up the Pep vs. Klopp rivalry like it was an equal fight, despite Klopp having just above half the available money to spend on wages etc. Guardiola is obviously brilliant but the fact Klopp has even managed to challenge him in the ways he has is baffling when you consider the financial aspects. Arsenal has spent a lot on players recently in an effort to catch up but they're still years of spending behind + way below City's wage bill still.

Ferguson turned Man Utd into the giant it became. They hadn't won a league title in like 30 years or something before he arrived IIRC. Guardiola brought his elite skillset to a ready-made doped up juggernaut.
I don’t see it. This the spending on players of the top 6 clubs since 2016. Guardiola doesn’t have a massive advantage over other clubs other than his ability as a manager. It’s very similar to the spending position Ferguson was in the period 2005 to 2013, behind Chelsea. He was well ahead of Arsenal in those days though, because of the stadium build.

IMG_0690.jpeg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I don’t see it. This the spending on players of the top 6 clubs since 2016. Guardiola doesn’t have a massive advantage over other clubs other than his ability as a manager. It’s very similar to the spending position Ferguson was in the period 2005 to 2013, second to Chelsea. He was way ahead of Arsenal in those days though, because of the stadium build.

View attachment 23582

Over what period is this table? Because if it doesn't go back to at least 2015 its pointless - City signed KDB for £54m in 2015 and he's still at the club. You seem to (deliberately, in my opinion) avoid Football Heritage™ in this analysis.

RunTheTrap

Guardiola was managing Bayern when Leicester won the league. His first season was when Chelsea got 93 points, since then except for Liverpool's covid title he's won the league every year.
WTF! All this time I thought Pep's first season here was when Leicester won the league. My bad. I got it wrong.

RunTheTrap

Has there? That's not reflected in the data I'm looking at. Pep and Klopp have pushed their teams to extremes but outside of that it's been fairly normal.
I could have sworn you could get into the top 4 with high 60 points total. Nowadays, you need to be the mid-70s range. Isn't it harder to get relegated these days if we're talking points-wise?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom