• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yet again we are forced to laud the miracle of Arteta navigating in this impossible league as it was so much easier before Pep’s City :lol:

Arteta (and Klopp) deserve Nobel peace prizes for mounting title challenges in the midst of these 115 charges and we are even lucky to still exist with City snatching all the oxygen in the vicinity. Happy?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Over what period is this table? Because if it doesn't go back to at least 2015 its pointless - City signed KDB for £54m in 2015 and he's still at the club. You seem to (deliberately, in my opinion) avoid Football Heritage™ in this analysis.
Lol. Add him in then if it gets you hot under the collar, it makes no difference to my analysis. City still haven’t spent as much as Chelsea, so it does not account for their ridiculous dominance. You’ll see when Pep goes there will be another small drop off like there was with United when Ferguson left. It won’t be massive because money will keep them in the running, but expect more 2nd, 3rd, 4th or worse placed finishes mixed in.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Are you ****ing kidding me? :lol: Those guys were signed for a combined £17m, £10m of it was Ince ffs :lol:

Guardiola spent £427m in his two seasons. This comparison is ridiculous, I can't even ****ing believe you're making this argument.

Guardiola spends £427m: Pure brilliance mate flawless manager.

Ferguson spends £17m: Pure checkbook he's nothing without the money.

I think your bias is showing a bit mate.
Are you being dense on purpose or do you seriously not understand inflation?

Neither did I say anything about Guardiola being brilliant nor that they were comparable, **** Guardiola anyway . Just didn't like how you sucked off Fungus is all

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Really there's no point bemoaning Man City ( We all know they've cheated financially and hopefully they are punished for it in time, though I'm not hopefully on that)

Man City are a wonderful side from a purely footballing perspective and Pep is an all time great but if you want to be top dogs you have to beat them over 38 games. It's very tough obviously but it's not insurmountable as Liverpool and Klopp have shown.

Coming second may have an astreix against it with Man City being what they are but it's still coming second at the end of the day.

As fans we will get very little joy if we're retrospectively handed at title or two in a couple of years. It's like an Olympian getting their silver upgraded to gold a few years later due to the initial winner getting busted for drugs. It's not the same.

We need to overcome Man City over the course of a season even if they've got unfair advantages.

GoonerJay24

Just to pick this up a bit I'm not one to **** on legends of the past but my point was that had Wenger had the budget that Arteta enjoys now he'd have had access to a squad that would have probably got an extra 10-15 points that season.

Even the very best in the world do better with better circumstances, who knew?

What? That post wasn't directed towards you. I think Wenger chose himself not to sign players that summer because he believed in his team. Klopp did the same thing in 2019 and won the title with 99 points.

Not all about spending the money!

fute

Really there's no point bemoaning Man City ( We all know they've cheated financially and hopefully they are punished for it in time, though I'm not hopefully on that)

Man City are a wonderful side from a purely footballing perspective and Pep is an all time great but if you want to be top dogs you have to beat them over 38 games. It's very tough obviously but it's not insurmountable as Liverpool and Klopp have shown.

Coming second may have an astreix against it with Man City being what they are but it's still coming second at the end of the day.

As fans we will get very little joy if we're retrospectively handed at title or two in a couple of years. It's like an Olympian getting their silver upgraded to gold a few years later due to the initial winner getting busted for drugs. It's not the same.

We need to overcome Man City over the course of a season even if they've got unfair advantages.

We need to overcome ourselves.

We are our biggest hurdle.

The moment we stop psyching ourselves out, is the moment we win trophies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don’t see it. This the spending on players of the top 6 clubs since 2016. Guardiola doesn’t have a massive advantage over other clubs other than his ability as a manager. It’s very similar to the spending position Ferguson was in the period 2005 to 2013, behind Chelsea. He was well ahead of Arsenal in those days though, because of the stadium build.

View attachment 23582

These figures don't include wages, which is what has allowed City to sustain such an unreal squad, especially in terms of depth.

They also don't factor in the insane spending pre-Guardiola which obviously allowed him to start off with a very good base.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These figures don't include wages, which is what has allowed City to sustain such an unreal squad, especially in terms of depth.

They also don't factor in the insane spending pre-Guardiola which obviously allowed him to start off with a very good base.
City are second for wages too.

IMG_0691.jpeg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Edit: Calm down
Football inflation you muppet. I gave instances of Ferguson spending before they won a title.

I only added that Ferguson didn't win **** without deep pockets first, what exactly are you getting so defensive and offensive over? Why are you writing inshallah for in that post?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
City are second for wages too.

View attachment 23585

Look at the jump though :lol:

Man Utd are notoriously poorly run but still one of the biggest clubs in football. Ask yourself, how can Man City, given current FFP rules etc, sustain a wage bill comparable to them + spend as much as they do on transfer while remaining within FFP?

**** is completely rigged.

Football inflation you muppet. I gave instances of Ferguson spending before they won a title.

I just said they spent somewhat similarly to other clubs. The figures are on Transfermarkt. They're towards the top end but nowhere near the "absurd" amounts you suggested.

The average spend in 92/93 was £3m and Ferguson spent £3.5m. They splashed big on one player every 2-3 summer windows but comparing it to Guardiola who literally bought in an entire starting XI of expensive players across 3 seasons is just mental. They were also very good at selling players.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Frustrated and disappointed, but there are six big games left. We can win the league and make it a successful season, or lose vs Wolves Saturday and people will call for his head probably :lol:

Mikel needs to win a trophy next year at least. At this rate we're no better than Sp**s who put the pressure on in 2016.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
All second half it didn't look like we were actually chasing a lead, he needs to improve in getting a tune out of the players in games where the pressure is on and that happens.

Hopefully the last two games don't carry over to the league form, but we did look very much spent mentally and physically tonight.

Not a bad first back to the CL campaign all things considered. Got over a few mental hurdles, but our lack of a killer instinct will always do us dirty in ties like this.

Game Over

Arteta’s systematic football sucks the soul and bravery out of our football. Too robotic, cautious and fearful.

This team desperately needs some magic sprinkled in there, a real solo player and game changer.

Would kill for a prime Cazorla or Sanchez, they’d complete this team.

Hope Arteta will ease off next season, we’ve ended too many seasons in this flat fashion now. He needs to be introspective and make changes this summer, can’t keep making the same mistakes again and again.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The one thing that's definitely against him is that he's completely botched the midfield. We basically have to play Jorginho who can't really play every game because as soon as he's taken out we lost any ability to keep the ball and play between the lines.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom