• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

When will Arteta handle an April run in? why does he capitulate in this month. All comes down to poor squad management and not rotating well and too busy running our players down to the ground, also the poor recruitment and squad planning.

Because he does not have the innate abilities of a winner & 1 covid-era FA Cup is not going to be enough to rewrite history to shoehorn him among the group if upcoming elite managers.

He's good but a level below those who cross the final hurdle.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Won’t judge him on tonight because the Champions League is spawny as hell.

If Martinelli scores and then tracks Kimmich’s run we’re all celebrating how we ground out a famous win and anyone criticising the performance gets flamed.

Fall off hard in the league though and he’s inching into fraud watch territory. We have had injuries and problems but Liverpool stayed in the race without Salah, Alisson and Trent for over a month ffs.

HattoriHanzo

Against mostly a whole lot of nothing teams. The only teams of any quality that we beat in the league are Liverpool (after losing to them in the FA Cup) and Newcastle (who are horribly inconsistent, and played terribly on the day).

Arsenal should be beating Crystal Palace, or Forest, or Sheffield, or Burnley, or Brentford, or Luton. Having a run of games where you beat minnows isn't impressive.

We didn't show up in the UCL. We didn't show up in the FA Cup. We looked timid against City. We didn't show up against Villa. Those are the games that make or break your season, and both Arteta and the team didn't look up for them.
You really think that this is reason for criticism?
We haven't lost to them, it was a draw. At their ground.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The first line is very interesting
Yeah I don't like it at all. Nobody cares about the period before he took over. We could have been in it a year earlier if he hadn't banished Saliba to Marseille while we let clowns fester in the backline. He needs to take accountability for the here and now which he controls. He's got more control than any manager with a CV as light as his is.

Won’t judge him on tonight because the Champions League is spawny as hell.

If Martinelli scores and then tracks Kimmich’s run we’re all celebrating how we ground out a famous win and anyone criticising the performance gets flamed.

Fall off hard in the league though and he’s inching into fraud watch territory. We have had injuries and problems but Liverpool stayed in the race without Salah, Alisson and Trent for over a month ffs.

Weird saying we fall of hard in league though when we are on 8-1-1. We still have time to respond strongly after Villa defeat but it feels very grim atm.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I don't like it at all. Nobody cares about the period before he took over. We could have been in it a year earlier if he hadn't banished Saliba to Marseille while we let clowns fester in the backline. He needs to take accountability for the here and now which he controls. He's got more control than any manager with a CV as light as his is.

This critical fact does not get scrutinised enough by his advocates.

Alkesh

You really think that this is reason for criticism?
We haven't lost to them, it was a draw. At their ground.

Yes, it is a reason for criticism. Arteta has consistently shown a tendency to play extremely negative football in tough games. Sometimes it "works" (if you call a draw "working," they were there for the taking if we didn't play so negatively), but more often you get games like tonight where we looked totally lost. With Arteta's tactics today, I think they could have given us 90 more minutes and we still wouldn't have scored.

Also, notice you didn't respond to any other aspect of my post. There's a clear pattern - this team and Arteta don't show up in the big, season-defining games.

I think its matter. We are competing second year in a row. Its more than a lot we saw before. I think he has elivated us and stabalized the ship. The fundations are there for him or the next manager.

Its a rather good achievement for a manager with light CV like his is.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think its matter. We are competing second year in a row. Its more than a lot we saw before. I think he has elivated us and stabalized the ship. The fundations are there for him or the next manager.

Its a rather good achievement for a manager with light CV like his is.
But the statement is poor. Why is he bringing up 14 years ago? Speak about the two matches when he was outmaneuvered by a manager who was floundering domestically. Speak about the last 3 seasons when for whatever reason his players are falling at the last hurdle. Don't try to turn it into a broader issue, you're the guy in the big boy seat. If he actually won the league this year, he wouldn't be talking about 2004 so don't bring up earlier failure (which he was still part of as a player mind you) to absolve yourself of the here and now. He's done some good work but the bad tendencies both in him individually as well has his players have cropped up yet again in the critical period and he has to take that on the chin rather than deflecting to a broader picture.

Fallout

A few weeks ago I had the unfortunate impression that we were a world class team and among the very best teams in world football

However there's clearly another level for us to reach

Sobering result today and over the weekend

My main concern is how much money do we have left to keep pumping into this team

My gut feeling is not much but I suppose we'll see what the summer brings

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

But the statement is poor. Why is he bringing up 14 years ago? Speak about the two matches when he was outmaneuvered by a manager who was floundering domestically. Speak about the last 3 seasons when for whatever reason his players are falling at the last hurdle. Don't try to turn it into a broader issue, you're the guy in the big boy seat. If he actually won the league this year, he wouldn't be talking about 2004 so don't bring up earlier failure (which he was still part of as a player mind you) to absolve yourself of the here and now. He's done some good work but the bad tendencies both in him individually as well has his players have cropped up yet again in the critical period and he has to take that on the chin rather than deflecting to a broader picture.
He said it because it’s relevant to the champions league? We haven’t been there for 14 years which is a huge mental issue. Teams with the heritage (Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid) find a way no matter what. We do not have that, you can feel it.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom