• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Btw if we full on collapse from here then I’d start to argue that he needs to go.

He’s had horrid Aprils so far in every season he’s been here. That cannot continue.

It’s do or die, you beat Wolves, Chelsea and Sp**s and either win the league or respectfully finish second. Or you flop, finish 3rd or even 4th and leave.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Well said!!

His ability to taint the club with his cowardice is frighteningly effective.

Hand-brake football, Etihad the opportunity was there with no Walker/Stones and Ake gets injured early in the game but he went for the point. Liverpool performed better than us.

People criticised Emery for his 'respect-ball' but Arteta is worse.

I wonder how Arteta will overthink in these last 6 games of the season.

4 run in collapses in a row, Villarreal semi-final exit in the europa league to Emery = finished 8th

2021/2022 = Bottled top

2022/2023 = bottled the title whilst top of the league for 247 days, out of Europa league to bloody sporting Lisbon 'bigger fish to fry'

And this season APril run in....

We better get more points than last season otherwise there will be major discussions to be having (regressing whilst spending £200m+).

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Btw if we full on collapse from here then I’d start to argue that he needs to go.

He’s had horrid Aprils so far in every season he’s been here. That cannot continue.

It’s do or die, you beat Wolves, Chelsea and Sp**s and either win the league or respectfully finish second. Or you flop, finish 3rd or even 4th and leave.
A 4th place finish and he would need to go. That would be unacceptable because it would mean the players had given up on him and if that's the case, give someone else the 200m to spend.

HattoriHanzo

Yes, it is a reason for criticism. Arteta has consistently shown a tendency to play extremely negative football in tough games. Sometimes it "works" (if you call a draw "working," they were there for the taking if we didn't play so negatively), but more often you get games like tonight where we looked totally lost. With Arteta's tactics today, I think they could have given us 90 more minutes and we still wouldn't have scored.
So, you have found the most difficult ground to go to play football as a reason to criticize Arteta for negative football.
The ground where Liverpool under Klopp has never won.
Last match that City lost at Etihad was 16 months ago.

Find me an example of team who went to Eithad, played open football and won there recently.

remains

At this point I’m expecting us to drop points in two or three more games.

I like Arteta and he has shown enough for me to get another summer to show what the end game of his project is.

We really need to win something next season though or I can see players becoming disillusioned and wanting out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A shattered dressing room and he can't find the right words to lift them. Says he'll stick by the players who have got us this far. He's pretty flat himself and seems devoid of belief.

Alkesh

So, you have found the most difficult ground to go to play football as a reason to criticize Arteta for negative football.
The ground where Liverpool under Klopp has never won.
Last match that City lost at Etihad was 16 months ago.

Find me an example of team who went to Eithad, played open football and won there recently.

We're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the league. Tottenham went to the Etihad in December, played a great game, and could have walked away with a win (ended up a 3-3 draw). We went there against a team with no Walker, no Stones, Halaand a bit out of sorts, Ake out early, and we showed zero ambition. That's not what a team challenging for the title should do.

And it's not just this game. We've played negatively this entire CL campaign, especially in the knockouts. We played negatively against Villa last weekend. This is a consistent decision that Arteta makes, and it doesn't suit the players or generate notable results.

LookingForEric

We're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the league. Tottenham went to the Etihad in December, played a great game, and nearly walked away with a win (ended up a 3-3 draw). We went there against a team with no Walker, no Stones, Halaand a bit out of sorts, Ake out early, and we showed zero ambition. That's not what a team challenging for the title should do.

And it's not just this game. We've played negatively this entire CL campaign, especially in the knockouts. We played negatively against Villa last weekend. This is a consistent decision that Arteta makes, and it doesn't suit the players or generate notable results.

This is truly abysmal viewing of our last few games, what the hell have you been watching?

First leg against Bayern we were too open?! Not negative at all. Why the **** would we go to City and be open? Against Villa we had a boat load of chances.

It seems that to you, not winning = we were negative? What the **** man.

Batman

We're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the league. Tottenham went to the Etihad in December, played a great game, and nearly walked away with a win (ended up a 3-3 draw). We went there against a team with no Walker, no Stones, Halaand a bit out of sorts, Ake out early, and we showed zero ambition. That's not what a team challenging for the title should do.

The match at the Etihad is not the stick to beat him with. Playing an open game against City is stupid. We've bottled the league because we lost to Emery twice, not because of a good point at the Etihad where nobody goes and wins. There's plenty of legitimate criticism to throw at Arteta, that match is certainly not it. Going gung ho there would have seen us beaten and the league would have been over weeks ago. He handled that match correctly. It's what he's done against Villa, Fulham and Chelsea that have f*cked us.

Batman

@LookingForEric and @Batman this time a week ago, I suggested Bayern did a job on us.

You downplayed those concerns, put it down to individual mistakes and said they aren’t that good. Here we are a week later…
They aren't good and have scored 1 goal across 2 legs that we didn't completely gift to them. Today Arteta did a poor job. The first leg was on his players. It shouldn't be hard to distinguish between the two. The first leg saw two self inflicted wounds and we created more chances and should have won the game, possibly would have if Saka had shot the ball. The 2nd leg was Arteta being outmanaged, two very different scenarios. I should mention that if you want to talk about prior proclamations, I told you all of last season that Marcus Rashford was having a purple patch while you wanked him off as World Class and suggested that was his real level and since that point he's done absolutely nothing and is a peripheral figure on the worst United team in decades so please let's not do this with the "here we are". :lol:

LookingForEric

@LookingForEric and @Batman this time a week ago, I suggested Bayern did a job on us.

You downplayed those concerns, put it down to individual mistakes and said they aren’t that good. Here we are a week later…

Here we are a week later and they still aren’t that good we were just completely shot mentally and physically.

In fact first half we completely controlled the game… again.

LookingForEric

Captain ****ing hindsight’s everywhere tonight. Gonna roll out before I say something regrettable, ciao bellas.

Artemis

Bayern are genuinely awful. It's just that we didn't expect our team to somehow perform even worse.

We completely bottled it at home. And we were not going to score tonight no matter how long we played. It was Porto away all over again - but this time with the added embarrassment of Bayern not even having Porto's defensive solidity.

We somehow created nothing against a team that cannot defend! Try and work that one out 😂

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There still isn’t much better than him out there, no need to sack him but the sun also doesn’t shine out of his arse.

@LookingForEric said the only difference between him and Klopp/Pep was the fact they’ve been around long enough to win trophies.

Think he got thoroughly out-tacticed by Tuchel who is a Tier 2 manager at best.

fute

Here we are a week later and they still aren’t that good we were just completely shot mentally and physically.

In fact first half we completely controlled the game… again.

So is everybody else in world football competing for a trophy this time of year.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I told you all of last season that Marcus Rashford was having a purple patch while you wanked him off as World Class and suggested that was his real level
Never did this btw, don’t lie on my name please and thanks 🙏🏾

It’s funny the lengths guys will go to discredit me on here, I don’t know it all but I keep my takes measured and tend to end up right more often than not.

FYI I trolled the forum during Rashford’s purple patch because I insisted he’s a better winger than Brazilian Kolasinac. Never said he was world class or that was his real level.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom