• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I ask you again, so what?
It means that he can adapt to players who are not "his", as you're suggesting.
Which makes him even better.

He's come up short on 3 consecutive occasions flattering to deceive time & time again.

He's not hapless by any means but he's never going to be a world beater. Not with us in any case.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If this is their worst side in a decade (by the way, majority of these players have won UCL 4 years ago and all Bundesliga titles until this season), it doesn't mean that they don't have better players than Arsenal.
How may Arsenal players would you pick in combined 11?
I would pick Ødegaard, Saliba, Magalheas, maybe Rice.

Their Bundesliga form this season is totally irrelevant for UCL.
They have 7 wins, 2 draws (1 with Arsenal) and 1 loss in UCL.
If you think that Bayern is easy route to semi, you live in fantasy world.
To think that any team in UCL QF is easy to beat is arrogant and delusional.
All games at this stage are difficult and to win something you eventually need to beat the biggest and best but there are degrees of difficulty. Playing Bayern in their current form is an easier game than playing Real Madrid. And I'd have taken either of the German sides over the Spanish teams or PSG. So yes, in terms of difficulty in my humble opinion we had an easier path than others.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’d argue we are one manager away 🙏

I’d argue we’re one difference maker away. (The more logical argument)

Which manager do you reckon could come in and win the champions league with the current side then?

HattoriHanzo

He's come up short on 3 consecutive occasions flattering to deceive time & time again.

He's not hapless by any means but he's never going to be a world beater. Not with us in any case.
We shall see.
I was always consistent regarding him.
For me, minimum he has to achieve this season is to qualify for UCL next season and to fight for the title (still going on).
In Europe we are definitely better than last season, therefore he achieved certain progress there.

HattoriHanzo

All games at this stage are difficult and to win something you eventually need to beat the biggest and best but there are degrees of difficulty. Playing Bayern in their current form is an easier game than playing Real Madrid. And I'd have taken either of the German sides over the Spanish teams or PSG. So yes, in terms of difficulty in my humble opinion we had an easier path than others.
I disagree.
Bayern and then City/ Real are more difficult than Atletico/ Borussia or PSG/ Barcelona, in my humble opinion.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The PR and behind the scenes stuff is fine and I think few would deny that overall the club is in a much healthier position now than it has been for years, Arteta has played his part of course but so have many others.

Potential and building is great, at some point it has to be actualized though otherwise you end up having a Sp**s fans mentality where success is always just around the corner, but never actually comes.

This project has come a long way but for it to be judged a success we need a PL and / or CL in the next couple of years.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Anyway Arteta's not going to be removed, not should he be.

I hope he does reflect on the past couple of performances though. He has underperformed in them and it's cost us, he needs to improve. He isn't the finished article yet.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GLbin29XMAARm6c

mpower2540

He will be under insane pressure to deliver silverware next season.

There’s a point where your best players start to lose trust. Whenever that happens, he’s ****ed
I don't think he is ****ed. Any discerning voices and they'll be out the door. The club trust him and tbh I still think he's done enough so far to keep that trust from the club. I don't like him all that much, I think he's made mistakes but gradually I'm seeing us get better under him so I think we'd be pretty dumb to throw that away.

I sympathise with the viewpoint that it's hard to win trophies. City's consistency means there's such little room for error while cup competitions can change in a moment. For me it's about raising our ceiling and the manner of some of our defeats. Three seasons in a row we've had these inexplicable runs where one bad game turns into a collapse of confidence and carries into the following 2/3 games........why??? As good as a coach can be, it is very difficult to accomodate for how your players will react in the highest of pressure moments. Gabriel has been a rock all season, past three games he's looked a nervous wreck. Does Arteta have the ability/experience to allow his players to thrive in these pressure moments? Not sure.

A real telling moment was in the all or nothing documentary. The way he prepared for Anfield. He projected his fears onto his players, telling them the story of how he mentally lost it there, playing you'll never walk alone over the speakers, he clearly values preparation but sometimes it seems he's going overboard.

One thing I will say for him is I think he has got the balls to be ruthless with this team. Only so long until young and inexperienced holds up as an excuse. World class talent/game changers is our issue now and I do think Arteta is capable of making big decisions

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Do you know how silly you look given Pep has just gone out in the same round and Klopp got battered by Atalanta at home? @Trilly

Please stop.
Do you know how silly you look given that Liverpool have been battered by injuries all season and that Real Madrid have massive CL pedigree.

Do you know how silly you look given that both those managers have succeeded at the very highest level.

Do you know how silly you look given that you claimed Mikel is just as good as the tier 1 managers tactically yet lost to a team horribly out of form, missing their first choice LB and LW managed by a Tier 2/3 manager who has already resigned.

Do you know how silly you look when just a week ago you claimed that drawing to them at home (while they had no fans) was just a blip and now here we are a week later, knocked out by the same team with an even weaker line up.

Please stop.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom