• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’ve no issues with Arteta’s starting tactics and team selection. What I’m still not convinced by is his approach when we need to roll the dice. We actually seem to become less of a threat after he makes his attacking substitutions, and they’re usually far too late.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

They could at least let us ****ing finish April before pulling out this ****. Not like we've got 3 games left in the month or anything...Sky **** click farmers
So you just want to ignore the previous 2 Aprils which we certainly have finished that are also well below his overall winning percentage? :lol: There's a pattern. It's obvious and borne out by what our eyes show us and the data. Ignoring it is disingenuous.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I agree with you but to me the last 10 minutes or so were an abomination.

I'll probably get hammered on here for loving Brexit ball or something but it was crystal clear towards the death that Tuchel has tactically nullified us.

You've got to switch things up in the last few minutes, I don't want to see ponderous little triangle passes in our defensive third in injury time. Get the ball out to Ødegaard or Saka or White ASAP and pump it into the box.

We've got the best set piece ( okay not quite the same situation) and aerial threats in the PL, may as well use it as a last resort. Havertz and chuck Saliba and Rice up there and have the rest gambling on them doing something in the box. You're at least going to cause a bit of chaos and nerves for Bayern.

To be fair there's a decent chance we'd have been caught on the counter but at least it would have felt like we threw everything at Bayern. If we're going out who cares if it's 1-0 or 2-0.
I agree. We looked lost at 'alamo time' which is where Wenger often excelled

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Honestly I feel like if the roles were reversed and we drew 2-2 at the Allianz without any fans everyone would be commending Arteta and the team for good play and not saying Bayern gave us the game.

If we scored their first goal we’d be commending Ødegaard for forcing the CB into a hurried clearance and for their second we’d be praising Saka for turning his defender on the halfway line and winning a penalty.

We barely created anything for 3/4 halves in this tie. Sometimes you just gotta hold your hands up

It’s a champions league quarter final mate, did you expect us to create 30 chances over the two legs?

Aside from scoring the two goals in the first leg, we had a great chance at 1-0 with Ben White. Martinelli had an unbelievable chance last night as well. We also got ourselves into excellent positions yesterday in the first half but couldn’t capitalise.

You’re being incredibly harsh. I’m not sure what you’re getting at really? You are also not stupid, you know it was a very even game and both teams and chances.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Did Rio Ferdinand just describe Figo as "an ex-player" as if Bellingham wouldn't have known :lol:

But yeah funnily enough I was having this discussion with my RM supporting friend talking about how Real Chadrid are a 'big balls' club and Arsenal used to be all about that sort of personality with your Bergkamp/Henry/Vieira/Pires type chads (not in Europe but we've done things in England that required big balls, winning the league unbeaten, winning it at Old Toilet, most FA Cups etc.)

We were both saying about how many Arsenal fans perhaps don't like Arteta's style because he's a system manager rather than a guy who lets guys like a Bellingham or a Valverde have freedom to express on the pitch. I know its been discussed on here before but was interesting in light of what you posted and the conversation I had earlier.

That is mainly my beef & it is certainly why the team feel lost and bereft of ideas when the system goes to pot.

Games like Villa at home & Bayern away are games that are decided by thin margins where individual moments of brilliance cam decide them conclusively.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@jones them man in Germany have no ratings for these pashun and desire English teams 😂 how’s he saying what is Arsenal? Lmaooooo
Nah but Joel Beya is always begging random people for respect. He's 100% the type of dude who shuts the fridge door with his hips.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So what?
Does this mean that this doesn't count?
No of course not. But those players weren't "system players" and therefore more capable of on field invention. Last night, the attack only slightly clicked when all plans were thrown out with 5 minutes to go. We need to play more freely within periods during matches.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The muscle memory of the players? Apart from Xhaka and Bellerin who of that squad had done a damn thing of note under pressure previously at Arsenal?
An FA Cup win isn't the most noteworthy. But instead of muscle memory, I'll quote Per and talk about the automaticisms. Our attack was non existent last night as the system hit a wall but a player like Auba for example is always going to make good movements in the box or pull a worldly, when all else fails. We had more players capable of that under previous managers even Graham.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
An FA Cup win isn't the most noteworthy. But instead of muscle memory, I'll quote Per and talk about the automaticisms. Our attack was non existent last night as the system hit a wall but a player like Auba for example is always going to make good movements in the box or pull a worldly, when all else fails. We had more players capable of that under previous managers even Graham.
Agree our Fa Cup win was mostly because Auba was on fire in the semi and the final, but we were also in position where no big teams took us seriously and all left space in behind to exploit. The level we are at no, almost no-one does that.

Peak Auba was a fine player, but there is a reason Barce binned him off after 6 months despite a good record for them - he was in decline and didn't fit a possession dominant team.

I'm sure if you offered Arteta Ian Wright, Merson without the issues, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, RVP, Sanchez etc, he'd bite your hand off. Match winners at the highest level are what every manager wants, even a systems manager. The problem is, there aren't many of them about that we can get.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agree our Fa Cup win was mostly because Auba was on fire in the semi and the final, but we were also in position where no big teams took us seriously and all left space in behind to exploit. The level we are at no, almost no-one does that.

Peak Auba was a fine player, but there is a reason Barce binned him off after 6 months despite a good record for them - he was in decline and didn't fit a possession dominant team.

I'm sure if you offered Arteta Ian Wright, Merson without the issues, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, RVP, Sanchez etc, he'd bite your hand off. Match winners at the highest level are what every manager wants, even a systems manager. The problem is, there aren't many of them about that we can get.
The bolded section above is a massive issue that we simply must resolve. I also think that we can be smarter in our recruitment in at least two squad spots eg missing out on Paqueta for example

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

They binned him because they were broke af at the time and Chelsea came knocking with a 20m offer for a player they got for free
Xavi said multiply times he wanted Auba to stay

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They binned him because they were broke af at the time and Chelsea came knocking with a 20m offer for a player they got for free
Xavi said multiply times he wanted Auba to stay
Also they had just signed Lewandowski for big money who was closer to his peak than Auba at the time

shoot for the top

Pure profit innit
Good thing we sold Auba for millions.
Mike Tyson Smile GIF

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
And what if next season we lose both matches against City in league?
Thomas Frank and Brentford did the double against City last season.
Does this mean that Frank is the same level as Pep?

The fact that we took 8 pts from Klopp and Pep this season shows certain progress, but it doesn't mean that Arteta is immediately same level as them.
Was/Is Brentford challenging the title?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom