• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The only thing this team is missing is a player with tons of x-factor that can score loads of goals and bail the team out. Arteta doesn't deserve it though, he and his fans need to be humbled by coaches with worse teams every April.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are that Sp**s team tight now, tbh...least until we win something.

The last trophy we won was literally a different starting 11 in 2020, you had like 18 year old Saka and Martinelli on the bench watching Auba and Xhaka do their ting in that final.

It's up to our players (and manager) to change that, and you can only change it by getting silverware.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The only thing this team is missing is a player with tons of x-factor that can score loads of goals and bail the team out. Arteta doesn't deserve it though, he and his fans need to be humbled by coaches with worse teams every April.
Need a striker like David Villa in his prime (how I wished he joined us back in the day).

The mixture of technique and ability to combine like Jesus does whilst being a ruthless finisher in and around the box.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Need a striker like David Villa in his prime (how I wished he joined us back in the day).

The mixture of technique and ability to combine like Jesus does whilst being a ruthless finisher in and around the box.

Team needs a Drogba. Hold up play, saves all his goals for finals/semi finals, whilst the other guys stat pad against the dregs of the league leading up to crunch time. Ironically post Arsenal Giroud would probably be ideal for this team. Could rotate him too.

The perfect striker for this team though is peak Suarez. Can create, finish, has the hustle that Arteta requires from his forwards too.

fute

Does a prolific striker want to play for Arteta and his style of offense?

Look at the striker position under Arteta.

Look at the financial investment made by Arteta with forwards vs midfielders vs. defenders.

Riou

Don't think there is a CF out there, that we can get that can immediately take us to the next level, tbh... pretty scant position these days when Toney is as highly valued as he is.

Only hope is fixing the midfield and hope the knock on effect gets the wingers firing again like last season, or buying a younger CF and hope he develops...not sure Mikel has time for the latter though, if he ends next season trophyless I can see him being really under pressure by the fans.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta watching our season capitulate again.

Happy Premier League GIF by Play Sports

Tir Na Nog

I remember back in 2010 when we were knocked out of the CL in the quarters and then lost out on the league shortly afterwards, i dont remember Arsenal fans dancing on the streets back then over it. :lol:

Actually just looked up almost straight after we lost to Barca we lose to Sp**s and Wigan in back to back games.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We are that Sp**s team tight now, tbh...least until we win something.

The last trophy we won was literally a different starting 11 in 2020, you had like 18 year old Saka and Martinelli on the bench watching Auba and Xhaka do their ting in that final.

It's up to our players (and manager) to change that, and you can only change it by getting silverware.
You, of all people, dissing the Charity Shield? Have you taken your supplement today?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Don't think there is a CF out there, that we can get that can immediately take us to the next level, tbh... pretty scant position these days when Toney is as highly valued as he is.

Only hope is fixing the midfield and hope the knock on effect gets the wingers firing again like last season, or buying a younger CF and hope he develops...not sure Mikel has time for the latter though, if he ends next season trophyless I can see him being really under pressure by the fans.
I just don’t think we can rely on our wingers getting the goals we need. Saka is not a goalscoring forward in the mould of prime Mo Salah (which is what you need if your goal output is going to come from your wide forwards).

We 100% need a striker with the tools to be able to combine with the team but also finish half chances that come up. Jesus needs a perfect chance to score the goal (and even that he struggles with. Let’s not even talk about Nketiah). The market is dire at the moment though with clubs hawking mediocre strikers around for silly valuations

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Weirdly Man City finished 10th in the 08/09 season

then 5th in 09/10

Then 3rd in 10/11

Then champions on GD 11/12

Then 2nd (by a lot) in 12/13

So even unprecedented long term investment took 4-5 years to be competing and they didn't have the sheer volume of teams capable of that kind of spend to compete with.
Exactly.

Now don’t get me wrong if we can go get one of the top 3 managers in world football right now then you obviously do that. But the fact is we can’t.

I don’t even know who’s significantly better than Arteta across Europe?

shoot for the top

Exactly.

Now don’t get me wrong if we can go get one of the top 3 managers in world football right now then you obviously do that. But the fact is we can’t.

I don’t even know who’s significantly better than Arteta across Europe?
Me. I'll bring beautiful football back to this club. Say NO to sideway football.

Riou

Pretty much the same set of players have suffered demoralising defeat after demoralising defeat these past 3 years, I don't think they feel lucky anymore Mikel 😅

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not even mad about the fact we lost the title. I couldn't care less about anyone tryjg to gaslight me into accepting this embarrassing capitulation. Like I said, I'm not mad about losing to bayern or losing the league to City. It is the way and manner we did that pissed me off.

Teams have off days, but the least you should expected from a team fighting for the title is to at least look like they give a ****.

This is the third time in the past 3 seasons that we've had a late season collapse. That is deeply worrying.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm not even mad about the fact we lost the title. I couldn't care less about anyone tryjg to gaslight me into accepting this embarrassing capitulation. Like I said, I'm not mad about losing to bayern or losing the league to City. It is the way and manner we did that pissed me off.

Teams have off days, but the least you should expected from a team fighting for the title is to at least look like they give a ****.

This is the third time in the past 3 seasons that we've had a late season collapse. That is deeply worrying.
There have been far more than just three seasons.

Tir Na Nog

I wouldn't call it a capitulation yet but it's very close, if we can bounce back today and in the upcoming fixtures then at least it bucks the trend of the previous two years a wee bit.

If we finish on 87 points and lose out then you can say fair enough. It'd represent progress and also it's a number very few teams reach and still lose out.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom