• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

fute

It's just one game.

But the fear comes from something that makes City so great: They don't beat themselves. Or at least they don't when it matters most, especially when it comes to the PL.

Liverpool just *bleeped* away two trophies within one week by beating themselves, at home nonetheless.

We made the CL more challenging against a dumpstire fire Bayern and just got outclassed on the pitch by our ex-Coach and with our ex-Goalkeeper for the PL race.

Thought we were passed the bottling stage. Doesn't appear that way. And if that doesn't get fixed, no amount of money or "world class" players will win us titles unless our mindset changes under Arteta. Ability is only part of the equation. The state of mind of football club is just as important.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

My legal team has advised me to not comment on this, and told me to tell you to take up your statement with the parents of the person in question.

Why not?

I figure it's about time for me to get a proper ban to cement my place in A-M lore :lol:

fute

Made another big mistake by playing Jorginho for 90 minutes against Brighton and then starting him 3 days later against Bayern.

That speaks to a bigger mistake that was made this past summer. Jorginho shouldn't be playing 90 minutes at all at this stage of his career. That wasn't his intended role. But he is so vital for us due to the deficiencies in personnel.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Think it's quite funny that we're all pissed he started Zinchenko and kept him on and yet Zinchenko is probably starting v. Bayern
cd15cb23-7ae0-405c-ae63-470bceb65e95_text.gif

6a3f1ab0-1f5f-4be8-9839-6cacb9085ff6_text.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think he will start Tomiyasu. But you never know. We have no obvious LB and that's a problem.

Don't think Tomiyasu has the fitness, if I'm honest.

Plus, if we somehow get ahead with Zinchenko on the pitch, it's an easier sub to make.

God forbid we have to hold on to a little with the Ukrainian insane Clown Posse on.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That speaks to a bigger mistake that was made this past summer. Jorginho shouldn't be playing 90 minutes at all at this stage of his career. That wasn't his intended role. But he is so vital for us due to the deficiencies in personnel.
Yeah but also we were 2-0 up and sitting deep in ths 2nd half. It's not like we needed him to dictate the tempo. He should have come off after 70 minutes

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
What sort of team talk did he give at half-time for them to come out dejected in the 2nd half and shellshocked?

Jekyll and Hyde type of performance.

fute

Yeah but also we were 2-0 up and sitting deep in ths 2nd half. It's not like we needed him to dictate the tempo. He should have come off after 70 minutes

But we do need him. That is the problem. He wasn't signed to be needed. He is now and there isn't any other option. There is no answer or alternative for someone to play Jorginho's role. At least not as effective.

Arteta knows this. And 2-0 is not a big lead. Goals can be scored quick as you saw today.

Arteta is pretty much stuck.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Seems like the Tetasexuals new favorite excuse is that it is impossible to win the league as long as Baldiola is around. But before today they said we had a great chance. Interesting.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

"oh... Zinchenko has missplaced a pass and is nowhere to be found, Bayern on the break, Kane-chance-GOAL!"

"But what's this?!! The ghost of Sir Henry Norris is floating across the field!! He's mercelissly caning Zinchenko with his walking stick whilst calling him a "Radical Bolshevist".

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Zinchenko has done as much harm as any other player to Mikel now, with what he's cost him.

I demand a banishment to the island of Marseille this summer...I want justice!

Gunners1616

Out of the 26 goals conceded this season, I am ready to bet that Zinchenko is involved somehow in at least 8 to 10 goals conceded for sure.

I don't blame him at all because Mikel loves him despite everything he gives away and he keeps playing him in crunch time for some reason.

There is just no way you can say he adds more value than how exposed we are with him. I consider him worse than Cedric and Holding at this point.

I'll never forget that 2024 run without Jesus and Zinchenko... Best bit of football we have seen in a long time. Solid as ever... Really didn't think Mikel would revert back to Zinchenko when Kiwior and Tomi are available.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
RAYA

WHITE SALIBA GABRIEL TOMIYASU

PARTEY RICE

SAKA Ødegaard TROSSARD

JESUS/HAVERTZ

This line up would have done the job but he went back to play havertz as LCM even though we drop a lot of points in the first part of the season playing him there.
But Havertz had a number of clear cut chances that he failed to convert? We had 18 shots on goal today but didn't cnnvert them... We were not ruthless enough in front of goal.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Wow some really OTT reactions here for a first loss in 4 months in the league. Especially ones calling for the sack. And it wasn't a bad performance. Mostly it was not taking chances. Anyways there's no one available out there to come and immediately win with us especially with pep still around. So no way we should sack him now.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
With our superior goal difference there is zero difference between City being one or two points clear.

How so? With 1 point we can afford a draw if they lose (because of the GD). With two we cannot…

teamsoutheast

Nothing wrong with the tactics today from Arteta. We had 18 shots and they weren't converted. We MUST be ruthless at this stage of the season as Man City will not let up. We must convert our chances as we have been recently from here onwards. arsvvilla.JPG

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom