• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is it just me or does the Arteta propaganda always go into overdrive end of the season? Why are there stories from five years ago being regurgitated?
There is nothing else to talk about is there? Looks like no league, knocked out of the cups early.

MA08

Why Pep? He only managed clubs that had significant squad and financial advantages. Only with Bayern, he was working with limited (although substantial) resources and he flopped there.

For Alonso, yeah I'm impressed with him
If Alonso was in EPL, he would not have won anything. Bundesliga is more of an equal league. But it has only one outstanding team in Bayern(and Bayer this season)

blaze_of_glory

Had no idea he had been in Canada! Managed various clubs here in Norway
Yeah he was Whitecaps coach for a good stretch, including when they made the transition to MLS. Was fired a bit unfairly during or just after their first MLS season (can't quite recall) because the team was terrible but that wasn't his fault. They were still stuck with a bunch of USL players at that point. And its not like they got much better with the new guy lol

GoonerJay24

Imitation of the elite is as old as the sun, and happens in every field. No one in their right mind is going to reinvent the wheel, unless they are a managerial genius who will then rise to the top, and everyone will then just copy him.

Mate, please don’t tell me anything about coaching; do you work in the industry? Fifteen years ago, most Premier League managers employed different playing methodologies, usually to maximize their best players' strengths. Nowadays, coaches are trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I like Rob Edwards from Luton—I've met him a few times at coaching events. However, what he tried to do a few weeks ago against us at the Emirates, insisting on playing out from the back with those players, was just daft.

I'm sorry, but this is the level of coaching we're accepting nowadays. That Burnley coach is the worse

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Seems like Baldspray survived but only barely.

outlawz

Mate, please don’t tell me anything about coaching; do you work in the industry? Fifteen years ago, most Premier League managers employed different playing methodologies, usually to maximize their best players' strengths. Nowadays, coaches are trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I like Rob Edwards from Luton—I've met him a few times at coaching events. However, what he tried to do a few weeks ago against us at the Emirates, insisting on playing out from the back with those players, was just daft.

I'm sorry, but this is the level of coaching we're accepting nowadays. That Burnley coach is the worse

Tactics and coaching methods have evolved significantly over the past 15 years. It's more difficult to implement playing out of the back then it is to kick it long which was the most prevalent way of getting up the pitch.

Similarly, it's more difficult to setup a positional system where every player has a strict cog role as part of a wider machine, rather than setting up a team to feed a couple of talented players and playing predominantly through them.

If you're a coach, you would know it is much harder to develop and train the former and it requires far more from coaches in terms of competence and likewise from the players.

Whether that's what Burnley or Luton should do, maybe they aren't suited to playing like that, but I'm all for clubs all over the country focusing on technique, possession, playing on the ground and keeping the ball. It's the only way we will bridge the gap between England and the rest of Europe.

In the past, the managers did play more to their players strengths rather than forcing them into a system like we see today, but the ball also spent more time in the air than it does today, teams exchanged possession more frequently, the standard of football outside of Arsenal and Man Utd was incredibly poor.

Nowadays, you see teams like Bournemouth, Brighton and Villa play good entertaining football and that's absolutely down to the quality of coaching outside of the bigger club
and England is better for it.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom