• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Haphazard

We are up against a team that has a world class manager at the helm who is experienced, If anyone else can guarantee that they can take Arsenal to 90+ points by all means I'm all for sacking Arteta but the probability of that happening is 0.00001%

People don't realize what a juggernaut this City side is, comfortably the best ever, haven't lost for over 6 months.

Let's not pretend we are up against fair competition either.

I'm proud of the team , we performed well in the run in, beat Utd, Sp**s and Chelsea in our home stretch.

Mikel just has to ensure no expirements like Partey at RB or leaving Gabriel out, move fast in the transfer market and get the team how you want before any game is played.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Absolutely ludicrous any fan can be anything other than delighted with the work Arteta has done and the journey he’s taken us on so far under his tenure. We were in the mire when he took over, he completely overhauled our squad, instilled a resilience and winning philosophy and has taken us to the precipice in consecutive years. Heights we'd have thought impossible not long ago. He’s done a marvellous job and is rightly going to be rewarded with a new bumper contract in the Summer, guaranteeing his stewardship over the coming years of further evolution and growth. Silverware is coming.
Here here.....🍷

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Would that tinpot League Cup made it easier for you?

We've competed for biggest domestic trophy for two seasons in a row against arguably the greatest PL team ever.
We've shown progress year in year.

This ain't some fake title charge like Sp**s and Man Utd and our team is nowhere near their peak yet.

Klopp May have one just 1 PL in his 9 years at Liverpool, but he was making CL finals as well in that period.

We have to do something similar.

LookingForEric

We did. We'll do so again. Owner is more than happy with competing every once in a while, but the baseline is the CL.

For better or worse, if you want the club to keep investing like it's been, it's with Arteta at the helm for the foreseeable.

Next manager? I'd wager they won't get this much backing.

The Kroenke's - through Arteta and, to some extent, Edu - have invested enough in the squad that the next guy can manage to get top 4 without much hassle.

Plus, if Pep leaves at the end of next season, the landscape changes completely.

It’s different now with Josh at the helm.

The point is we don’t need to invest as heavily now because the baseline of the squad has been brought up to such a good level. A few sales + 2/3 players every summer will keep us ticking over.

Arteta is just a paid employee, like any of these players. If someone better is available then they should be coming in (if we fail to win anything next year) but as I’ve said many times I think we win it next year regardless so.

musoke

Arteta’s done very well. 2 excellent seasons. But then again I used to think Arsène did well finishing in the top 4 particularly with his spend and all those FA Cups.

What staggers me is that everybody else has come around to my way of thinking, instead of most of AM shouting about top 4 not being a trophy and a miss is as good as a mile. And all the other angry stuff about the manager being clueless for not winning a title.
But Arteta is not out there trying to convince us and everyone that finishing 2nd is like winning a Trophy. Wenger lost me on when he said that finishing in the Top 4 is like winning a trophy. I knew he was done mentally and psychologically coming up with such cringeworthy / embarrassing rubbish.

Imagine if Arteta comes out and says that finishing 2nd is like winning trophy? You would absolutely lose it and call for him to be fired straight away. Wouldn’t you? Because even with him constantly saying that he is not happy with coming 2nd is not enough for some of you guys. You keep going on about “Trophies is what matters”.

I think it would be more analogous if Arteta said that “Finishing 2nd is like winning a trophy” and you got behind like you did when Wenger made his Finishing in the Top 4 is like a Trophy statement.
We went 9 years without any silverware, but we always got the metaphysical / metaphorical Top 4 trophy. That’s the kind of mentality that Edu and Arteta walked into in on at Arsenal in December 2019. Arteta walked into a club with a loser mentality, players constantly misbehaving, taking a pisss and thinking they could get away with it, as that’s what Wenger and Emery had allowed to fester. Toxicity in the dressing room and in our fanbase (inside the Stadium and out in the general public etc..). Arteta had to absolutely force that change, clean house even if that hurt so many of the ever present “Arteta Doomers”. He forced out some peoples favourites celebrity players, which triggered them and they wanted Arteta’s blood for such blasphemous acts. But then Alpha Arteta told then triggered fans suck it up and be good boys and girls. Lol. Now this was the last straw for them “How dare this nobody rookie Pep waterboy have the audacity to drop our favourite social celebrity players and then to not give into our cries for him to reinstate them back in the team?”. Hence the “Arteta is an egotistical, authoritarian dictator” narrative was born. “Me not like is personality, he is so unlikeable, annoying and trips in his own Ego” narrative was born.

I think people just need to move on and acknowledge that they were wrong on Arteta. But their constant COPIUM taking, trying to always find something negative to clutch on to in order to convince themselves that they were right about Arteta all along will only continue to make then come across as bitter emotionally immature individuals. They need to move on, no one is asking them to turn into Artetasexuals. They can be objective and be Be afraid to be labelled as Artetasexuals. No need to be afraid. But that’s really hard and tough for them to do. 😊

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bold words. If there's no silverware next summer, he should fall on his sword.
Don't think anyone wants him to fall on his sword. He's united the fan base. That's a real achievement.

He's used that money to progress his points score in the league from 56 to 89. Because of that no one cares if he's going out of other competitions early. Fan's are no longer shouting 'top 4 is not a trophy'. They're happy. At the end of the day customer satisfaction is what matters.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Why is everyone so content to give coneboy another season? We heard the same thing last season, end still ended another campaign trophy less.

Teams go through cycles, why does everyone think that we are going to be the only competitors to 115 next season?

We barely had any injuries this season and the competition outside the top two was horrendous. Teams are going to strengthen, new managers coming in next season is going to be tough.

Funny thing is, manure have been absolutely atrocious, yet eth could end this season/manure career with more trophies than the fraud of our manager.

LookingForEric

Why is everyone so content to give coneboy another season? We heard the same thing last season, end still ended another campaign trophy less.

Teams go through cycles, why does everyone think that we are going to be the only competitors to 115 next season?

We barely had any injuries this season and the competition outside the top two was horrendous. Teams are going to strengthen, new managers coming in next season is going to be tough.

Funny thing is, manure have been absolutely atrocious, yet eth could end this season/manure career with more trophies than the fraud of our manager.

Because there’s been progress across the board and we’ve taken it to the final day. Literally nothing more needs to be said.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But Arteta is not out there trying to convince us and everyone that finishing 2nd is like winning a Trophy. Wenger lost me on when he said that finishing in the Top 4 is like winning a trophy. I knew he was done mentally and psychologically coming up with such cringeworthy / embarrassing rubbish.

Imagine if Arteta comes out and says that finishing 2nd is like winning trophy? You would absolutely lose it and call for him to be fired straight away. Wouldn’t you? Because even with him constantly saying that he is not happy with coming 2nd is not enough for some of you guys. You keep going on about “Trophies is what matters”.

I think it would be more analogous if Arteta said that “Finishing 2nd is like winning a trophy” and you got behind like you did when Wenger made his Finishing in the Top 4 is like a Trophy statement.
We went 9 years without any silverware, but we always got the metaphysical / metaphorical Top 4 trophy. That’s the kind of mentality that Edu and Arteta walked into in on at Arsenal in December 2019. Arteta walked into a club with a loser mentality, players constantly misbehaving, taking a pisss and thinking they could get away with it, as that’s what Wenger and Emery had allowed to fester. Toxicity in the dressing room and in our fanbase (inside the Stadium and out in the general public etc..). Arteta had to absolutely force that change, clean house even if that hurt so many of the ever present “Arteta Doomers”. He forced out some peoples favourites celebrity players, which triggered them and they wanted Arteta’s blood for such blasphemous acts. But then Alpha Arteta told then triggered fans suck it up and be good boys and girls. Lol. Now this was the last straw for them “How dare this nobody rookie Pep waterboy have the audacity to drop our favourite social celebrity players and then to not give into our cries for him to reinstate them back in the team?”. Hence the “Arteta is an egotistical, authoritarian dictator” narrative was born. “Me not like is personality, he is so unlikeable, annoying and trips in his own Ego” narrative was born.

I think people just need to move on and acknowledge that they were wrong on Arteta. But their constant COPIUM taking, trying to always find something negative to clutch on to in order to convince themselves that they were right about Arteta all along will only continue to make then come across as bitter emotionally immature individuals. They need to move on, no one is asking them to turn into Artetasexuals. They can be objective and be Be afraid to be labelled as Artetasexuals. No need to be afraid. But that’s really hard and tough for them to do. 😊
You’re over thinking things mate. We had a near miss, we’re spending lots of money and we have an anthem to sing at the start, so everybody’s happy.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

The atmosphere around the stadium and highbury was very good after the game. Spirits are high and everyone clearly supports Arteta, the team and ownership strongly. There is more optimism surrounding the club than I can remember in a long time tbh

Arsel

The atmosphere around the stadium and highbury was very good after the game. Spirits are high and everyone clearly supports Arteta, the team and ownership strongly. There is more optimism surrounding the club than I can remember in a long time tbh
This is the most optimistic that the fan base have been since we moved to Ashburton Grove.

That's 18 years.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He's very close to elite bracket now. Let's see how next season unfolds but I'm pretty sure he and the team are hungry.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He needs a trophy next year. The team needs a trophy next year. I'm not having any of this "sack him if he doesn't" talk but we've been building a tremendous side now and they deserve accolades.

Also, it will shut up the last couple of obnoxious fans.

Arsel

Don't know if this is the right thread, but in Switzerland there is a 'swiss ebay', called Ricardo.
On this platform there is a listing about a meet and greet with Arteta, with a starting price of 25,000 CHF ( £ 21649.25 ) Buying price of £25,000

Included are a meet and Greet with Mikel Arteta and André Santos (former Arsenal and Brazilian national team), 2 flights to London and back, pick up and shuttle service to the hotel by Johan Vonlanthen followed by a meet and greet at the hotel., 4-6 nights in a 4 or 5 star hotel, 2 tickets for the Arsenal home game in Mikel Arteta's personal VIP box.
Meet and greet with Mikel Arteta in the stadium after the game.

Additionally 2 jersey signed by Arteta, 2 entries and lounge in Vip Club in London including drinks, and Andre Santos and Johan Vonlanthen are there as VIP guests

Also 2 goodie bags worth 1000 Chf

Two Questions:

1) How much would you pay?

The flights to London for 2, which is about £500 return, and 4 to 6 nights in a 5* Hotel = +/- 2 Grand
2 tickets in Arteta's VIP box = ? The Heritage is almost 2 Grand for a couple, so maybe 2.5 Grand
2 shirts = £200, 2 Entries to VIP Club in London = £200
2 Goodie Bags (?) = 2 Grand.

Question 2) WTF? Is this Arsenal's work, or Arteta's, or a 3rd Party?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We need to be in and around the title race most seasons.

If Pep stays around I'd be content with Arteta emulating Klopp's PL form, be there and there abouts and win 1-2.

If Pep goes soon (which I think he will) then there is a real path to cementing ourselves as the number 1 team in England for the next 3-4 seasons.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom