• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Is Willian really supposed to be one of the leakers? The guy Arteta personally wanted here and who has been handed starts for doing nothing? You'd think he'd back Arteta.

Aren't Willan and Luiz the two that were missing from Chelsea due to illness?

Given what's happened at Man City maybe they want them isolated from the main squad just in case they test positive for Covid at a later time?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is Willian really supposed to be one of the leakers? The guy Arteta personally wanted here and who has been handed starts for doing nothing? You'd think he'd back Arteta.

He has been ****ed up by Arteta and certainly miss-used, say anything you want about Willian but you can't deny that he's playing much better for Chelsea just last season. This whole Bellerin underlapping and Willian overlapping nonsense has been a disaster for both players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

When I'm looking at judging Arteta going forwards these are the main sort of areas I'm going to be looking at and wanting to see improvements from him.

Whilst I think you're more on the side of giving Arteta more time? I'm quite "Arteta Out", that said I do agree with a lot of the points you raised and you have rightly identified a lot of problem areas.

1 . In terms of the results, whilst disappointing this isn't necessarily the thing that's pushed me over personally. Results can be poor so long as our identity, youth development, recruitment and Arteta's man management are good. The other points have been poor though which is what's bothered me more if I'm honest.

2. Identity - I think Arteta probably does want to play the way we have done in the Europa league but he's been too afraid to implement it in the PL. Well he shouldn't be, the way we play in the PL is not good enough to beat teams that sit back.

3. Man management and PR have been a disaster. PR I don't really care about, the stuff he was blabbing on about stats was weird but it didn't bother me soo much.

Also I'll admit that I wasn't bothered about Özil being left out though I'll also admit that I got that wrong, he should've been in squad for sure (even though I don't like Özil) because he has a use.

What I do think has been a disaster is Guendouzi and especially Saliba, I'm p*ssed about the way we've tanked their value, inexcusable and p*ss poor management.

At first I thought maybe Saliba isn't ready but a total non inclusion? And I don't really trust Arteta's judgement anymore because of point 4.

4. Youth Development. I 100% agree with what you've written, ain't nobody in their right saying that we should've or should be starting with ESR, Balogun, Nelson and Martinelli every match (yet).

But personally Arteta not including them at all in the league till recently (with the exception of the injured Martinelli, but remember before his injury he was mysteriously "dropped" too) has shown very poor judgement.

Fine don't start them, but no minutes? They were playing well in the EL and they should've been rewarded ahead of Willian and even Pepe (who I am a big fan of).

Also he tends to drop youth players without reason and frankly he's not afforded them the same leniency as the senior players.

Forget about age, if the player is good enough then he's good enough. You can't tell me Mustafi is better than Saliba, that Fofana can make it at Leicester but Saliba isn't ready.

This point really grates on me because we don't have the money to be doing sh*t like this so he needs to sort it out or he can gtfo.

5. Recruitment. Hard to judge overall and I have never and will not blame him for Cedric or Mari, both of them are on Raul and I'm not really that bothered about Mari.

Gabriel and Partey were good moves and Gabriel was particularly shrewd business.

However Willian has been an absolute waste of resources and one of the stupidest moves I've seen us make. I said it at the time and maintain it now. It's not even about his performance this year, but how he could tank in the final year, but he's even been sh*t now.

I was blaming Raul for it all summer but it's obvious that Arteta heavily endorsed it too and he deserves a lot of criticism for the move. Infact I don't have an iota of sympathy for Arteta if the rumors about Willian's discontent are true because he endorsed the signing and kept playing him even when he clearly is not bothered.

If we make another move like that again then him and Edu can pack their bags and gtfoh if you ask me, because clearly they have no idea how to properly take us forward or how to make the moves to get us there.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's ironic isn't it?
He brought in lots of 'established' Stars who most people would consider as has been. He did this because he wanted to get us being competitive immediately. Yet it's looking likely that it's the same young lads he refused to give chances to because he felt they were not ready play are the same ones that might save his job

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EqVAJ08XcAERHrf

...once my boy learns how to manage away from London, there will be nothing that can stop him!

Iceman10

Established Member
One fluke win and now y'all are Arteta in. Dude is a fraud. Should be binned before giving him the Jan window to sign more Willians.

Quotes showing a supposed sea change in opinion of individuals here would be useful. I think more what is going on here is resignation to what the owners and board are likely to do, and that is not to sack him unless the relegation threat becomes very real.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he's really carrying an injury, he would be training alone.

But he was supposed to have an "illness". Maybe they're keeping him separate until he repeatedly tests negative?

I'd like to believe it's because he and Willian were the leakers and have been banished :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-he-has-had-to-adapt-much-more-than-expected

:lol: I’d hate to play for this guy I swear.

Luckily for us, the players don’t seem to mind Arteta reminding everybody they aren’t capable of carrying out his preferred methods.

Kind of a shame they are constantly referred to as rotten and etc.

Egomaniac. Talks about himself all the time. I suppose the players haven't had to adapt to a coach who contradicts himself and has no experience in managing players to the point where he calls them out and says they let the team down. I guess they have to adapt to their friends being exiled and training with them but not involved in the squad.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You said he had a title challenging team the season before. He definitely did not, they finished 6th the season before.
I did not say 'the season before'. And on that I'll finish :) have a nice day.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-he-has-had-to-adapt-much-more-than-expected

Luckily for us, the players don’t seem to mind Arteta reminding everybody they aren’t capable of carrying out his preferred methods.

I don't think this is a bad thing. He hasn't mentioned any players just that he had to adopt and id take that as a positive. Better he adopted than persist with something that isn't working.

Until he isn't Arteta is still the right man for the job.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

It finally dawned on him that he has to play the instrument he's given. If you have a church organ you're better off playing Handel not Jay Z. Shame he had to blame a perfectly good multilayered church organ for his idiocy, neglecting to mention the fact that he bought a broken down spin table (guess which player that is).

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom