• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why is everybody glossing over Arteta’s poor xG numbers by saying we’ll sign better players but we didn’t for Emery?
xG has been low because I guess Arteta's priorities have been 1. stop the slide 2. fix the squad 3. finally play the way he wants to play.

So far he's concentrating on 1 but 2 is an absolute mountain to climb.

Trofton

People cracking me up on here we’re not signing anyone good
Mustafi will get a contract extensions we’ll probably sign some Serie A relegated team defender and end up losing EMI

watch the arsenal circus unfold

Ashybashy86

Mustafi will get a contract extensions we’ll probably sign some Serie A relegated team defender and end up losing EMI

I was going to ask if we win or lose this weekend, but I'm certain what your answer will be.

We are actually waiting to see if we win or lose to see what plan we will use in the transfer window implicating that if we lose we will go after lesser players.

This is zero way to run a club with ambition. The plan should be the same because if we lose FA Cup we will need the best plan even more than if we would win it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Yes we're going to give a player who's injured into next season a new contract. Some genius logic coming out in here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We are actually waiting to see if we win or lose to see what plan we will use in the transfer window implicating that if we lose we will go after lesser players.

This is zero way to run a club with ambition. The plan should be the same because if we lose FA Cup we will need the best plan even more than if we would win it.
Poverty stuff mate!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Kroenke is a disgrace. 200M now to stop the rot or 500M when we're firmly a midtable side with zero top players. It should be an easy decision but I think he would just sell us at that point.

The sad thing is we need about 200M to complete for the top4 but if he had invested that a few years ago we would be more concerned about winning the CL not just qualifying for it ffs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kroenke is a disgrace. 200M now to stop the rot or 500M when we're firmly a midtable side with zero top players. It should be an easy decision but I think he would just sell us at that point.

The sad thing is we need about 200M to complete for the top4 but if he had invested that a few years ago we would be more concerned about winning the CL not just qualifying for it ffs.
Stanley has seen his employees spend the third highest net amount in the last 5 years, he’s seen them change managers due to getting it wrong time and time again.

Why should he waste his own money when Arsenal can’t spend its own properly?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why is everybody glossing over Arteta’s poor xG numbers by saying we’ll sign better players but we didn’t for Emery?

Yeah exactly, gotta be consistent. Basque Mark Hughes' confirmed even when results were good what many of us knew about him (he's ****), well we know less about Arteta and there's plenty of reasons to be hopeful but the fact his numbers are even significantly worse than BMH in now a significant sample (half a season) is nothing less than worrying.

Still, hopeful on Arteta and looking forward to next season!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

No successful business man just throws money around if he doesnt need to. He owns a football club that is probably still making him plenty of money.

We are 6th-7th-8th best in the league so we are firmly a more or less mid table club that has continue the last 5 years getting worse and worse.

Man U may have a bad year or two but they are never rotting in 8th or 7th for more than 1 year.

Chelsea apart from that year when they stopped playing have always been there or there abouts.

This very much resembles a Liverpool situation. Was once very good but couldnt keep up. Spent poorly. Made bad decisions from top to bottom. Started to develop a few players but ultimately had to sell them to bigger and better clubs as they still weren't achieving a minimum requirement.

Our biggest problem isnt today. It's in 2 years when all these young players who could potentially help us realise that the task is still 5-10 years away and they leave.

Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (if he turns out any good), Tierney etc wont be here in 3 years if we are sitting 7th/8th. We have about 2 years to turn this around. Klopp turned things around very quickly at Liverpool. And he wasnt given 200m a summer. He signed smart though.

Arteta and the club have to do the same. Everything from here going forward has to be absolutely perfect. So if we are dropping 72m on a forward he needs to be banging Aubas figures. If we sign a top defender we need at least 4/5 more clean sheets out of him. No more....well next year he will be good. Or hes still young. Nope.

United bought PL proven players to improve the team and the did.

Liverpool the same.

Let's stop messing about in foreign markets. If we have to pay 20-30% more so be it. What you pay now you save in 3 years.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Think we need a CB, athletic CM and a creative midfielder seeing.

Should be going for quality over quantity. I think those three signings at top quality take us into a serious top four battle. Two improves us in a big way though, and that should be the bare minimum.
This. If we keep Auba, Laca and Pepe just might get sparked into life if they get some decent service.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !

It is sure, certain, 100% definite that we will sign "someone good" this window. Whether it will be in the right position, or, more importantly, whether he/ they will integrate into the team and make it better are impossible to know, but we will, without doubt, sign someone good.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !

I disagree with the first bit. I think if we win we'll spend less as the assumption will be that we're good enough to win a Cup.
If we lose, especially if we get a proper ****ting, then I can see relatively big money spent.
Also depends on who we can shift, and who ( auba ) we can hang on to.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta was looking angry even when we were 3-0 up. That's winners mentality. During that drinks break when we were 2-0 up he was having a go at the players but they looked back at him with strange faces.

His job is to transfer some of that winning mentality to the team, because right now we have a team who consistently get complacent.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Arteta was looking angry even when we were 3-0 up. That's winners mentality. During that drinks break when we were 2-0 up he was having a go at the players but they looked back at him with strange faces.

His job is to transfer some of that winning mentality to the team, because right now we have a team who consistently get complacent.
Yeah he’s been trying to do that with the team since he took over. Unfortunately it seems that none of these players seem to get that. The confused faces says it all unfortunately.

Don’t see us getting top 4 next season unless Stan can pull out 200M, without sales. Even then, we’re just about in contention.
This is such an over reaction. Not even bigging this arsenal team up, we are very mediocre, but utd and Chelsea are nothing to write home about.
Utd finished on 66pts last season, spent 200m and finished on 66pts again but came third. They're not a good team. Washed up keeper, an overrated oaf at centre half, an overrated mercenary in pogba and Bruno who's a goal merchant and nothing more. They've been arguably one of the poorest teams to finish top 4 in years. And Chelsea even finished below them.
Chelsea could well improve next season with some signings but inevitably, utd will waste their money as they always do and they'll never be a top side under ole.
Had arteta had a pre season and been here all season wed arguably have finished in and around where Leicester are. Let me re instate were not a good team but 4th is there for the taking. 200m plus sales is overstating the gap between us and top 4 massively. But if the board offered that up I'd happily take it!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
This is such an over reaction. Not even bigging this arsenal team up, we are very mediocre, but utd and Chelsea are nothing to write home about.
Utd finished on 66pts last season, spent 200m and finished on 66pts again but came third. They're not a good team. Washed up keeper, an overrated oaf at centre half, an overrated mercenary in pogba and Bruno who's a goal merchant and nothing more. They've been arguably one of the poorest teams to finish top 4 in years. And Chelsea even finished below them.
Chelsea could well improve next season with some signings but inevitably, utd will waste their money as they always do and they'll never be a top side under ole.
Had arteta had a pre season and been here all season wed arguably have finished in and around where Leicester are. Let me re instate were not a good team but 4th is there for the taking. 200m plus sales is overstating the gap between us and top 4 massively. But if the board offered that up I'd happily take it!
Agreed that United and Chelsea aren’t all that, but the “200mm” figure is being thrown around because their cores are quite young / likely to improve (in addition to buys), while we’re at-or-past peak at basically our entire spine (ST, CB, to some extent CM).

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Agreed that United and Chelsea aren’t all that, but the “200mm” figure is being thrown around because their cores are quite young / likely to improve (in addition to buys), while we’re at-or-past peak at basically our entire spine (ST, CB, to some extent CM).
Yeah, somehow we've hit the extremes, grandpas and kids of the football world. The ones we do have in the sweet spot 24/25/26 are not driving the club forward. Holding, Chambers, Torreira, Pepe, Macey, Bellerin.

De Gea, lindelof, maguire, pogba, matic aren't young nor are they going to get better. Agreed that the front three will. And neither will Chelsea defenders or midfielders. Our team is arguably as young /old as them both. Just lacking in quality in many positions

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom