• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah I'm hopefully, however I've got a golden rule when it comes to Arsenal in January, don't expect anything. :lol: It's honestly very very rare. Arshavin and Auba obviously the exceptions, even Monreal turned out to be class. Other than that we don't tend to do a lot.
How dare you forget the Maestro
ElwsZBmXEAIIfUx

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Hope the people who complain because we're not playing peak Wengerball less than a year into Arteta's reign back off a bit now.

At the moment it's still about getting results rather than the manner we do it in. The defence and general attitude / demeanour in the squad is light years ahead of what it was a year ago, no-one can deny that. That's what needed sorting first.

We're getting the base sorted then we can start looking at ways to be more expansive going forward.

I honestly believe in 2-2.5 years time we're going to be really competitive for major trophies.
Wengerball is not the only nice football to watch...
First half today was great for me, a really enjoyable pressing game with a couple of decent chances, and 2 exceptional individual performances from Gabriel and Partey (Elneny also did well), and it was nothing like Wengerball, but still enjoyable.
That's all we need from Arteta, to let individuals play their game without making wrong decisions as he did against Leicester.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
First half today was great for me, a really enjoyable pressing game with a couple of decent chances, and 2 exceptional individual performances from Gabriel and Partey (Elneny also did well), and it was nothing like Wengerball, but still enjoyable.
That's all we need from Arteta, to let individuals play their game without making wrong decisions as he did against Leicester.

Completely agree. The aggressive nature in our play was beautiful to watch. We passed in nice patterns as well.

And shock Xhaka/Mustafi didn't start to slow the game down.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Fair enough, I'm not saying Arteta should be immune to criticism but at the same time it's his first managerial job and he's going to make mistakes. The board must have known that when they appointed him. His upside and potential far outweigh any negatives he has in my opinion.

I'm glad you enjoyed the first half anyway :)

Manberg

Predator
Said it a couple of times before, but our attacking issues in the final third is mostly down to our forwards not our midfield. Our forwards need to be moving and passing quicker and be more efficient at finding spaces.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Said it a couple of times before, but our attacking issues in the final third is mostly down to our forwards not our midfield. Our forwards need to be moving and passing quicker and be more efficient at finding spaces.

Cant play auba and laca together ngl. Laca was decent today but still not balanced enough.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He got his tactics spot on tonight, apart from our forward line. The plan was clear and the players did really well carrying out his instructions. His in game instructions were clear and the players are clearly on board. I wobbled about the process after the Leicester defeat, but I'm back on board again although I think he has to sort our attack quickly and promote some of the youth if only from the bench. Onward we go and well done gaffer.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You can tell how short termism affects fans opinions these days.

We've lost 3 games this season. Put it into perspective. Liverpool away and Man City away are the two hardest league games we'll play this season, bar none. No-one should have been realistically expecting any points from those games. Leicester at home is the only one of the three matches that we could realistically have expected to gain anything from.

We're a better side now than when we played those 3 same fixtures last season and next season we'll be a better side in those fixtures than we were this season.

Having 15 points being done with Etihad, Anfield and Old Trafford would have been very impressive. But Im very glad for our response after Leicester game.

Worried about our attack, we are creating some chances and we are setting up to get into the final third. But we lack quality for the execution. Completely let down from Laca specially but others as well, Pepe, Auba and Willian.

Kysus

The way we strangled UTD and Leicester(1st half) to death via positioning, tackling on the front foot and press has been insanely impressive.

If the front line was working we would be creating a ****load in those scenarios.

I'm honestly not quite sure what the problem is. Up until the final third we have fantastic triangles all over the pitch. And then it stops and it becomes slow, predictable with zero movement.

No Triangles in attack, it's so obvious and frustrating.

Just checking our first two attacks:

lJ1qT4b.jpg

cyIQylI.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we made decent start our away fixture was so difficult we already played 4 of top 6 teams in first 7 and 3 of them away from home. The only disappointment is the Leicester result.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
When I saw the line-up with Elneny and Partey there I raised my eyebrow and it's still concerning that Arteta is playing too much with formations and line-ups to the point of the team having an identity crisis in some games, but that duo was one of the most balanced I've seen at the club in recent years.

Say what you will about Elneny's sideways passing, but he's a tidy player overall and you're not holding your breath thinking he'll make a howler like Xhaka does, whereas Partey is a good distributor and physical presence.

They worked better than other partnerships we've seen this season.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom