• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Money down the drain?

mood

If Wilts, Bergkamp, Kanu are all out by the summer. Then we need to get Kluivert, first of all because he's cheap and has alot of experience. He is a player that has already proved himself in the UCL too.

thegame24

Established Member
very true.

only his wages are the problem IMO but if we get him it means he liked us so much that he accepted pay cut

lets go for kluivert in sumer:D

and trabelsi:D

pamilih

AFCG7 said:
i reckon we will be put under serious pressure now to sell either Henry or Vieira.. and i think Vieira will be the one to go.

Yes I think so too. He'll go to Real Madrid to fill the gap created by Makalele's move to Chelski.

A

Anonymous

Anyone who thinks we are going to sell Henry or Vieria is a ****ing muppet who knows bollocks about football and is not a real Arsenal fan because he doesn't understand how we work at all.

pamilih you are a goddamn muppet. First class muppet.

invisibleman18

Established Member
this pretty much confirms we have lost pennant for good now. it also probably means if bentley doesn't want to end up like solskjaer he will have to look elsewhere aswell which is unfortunate.

Taozhe

When Wenger decided to splash out 10 million for an unproven french winger at the EPL, we all wondered if he should had gone and bought robbie keane who was one of the hottest prospects at that time ..... well look at tottenham now ... anyone remember that? :)

Henry has now developed to be one of the best strikers in the world. Wenger probably bought Reyes because he thinks its a good investment. He doesnt buy players for that amount if the risk was high. There is still a risk of a flop ... but chances are... it wont be that high ... imagine manure paying 30 m and 28+ m for Rio and Veron ... who didnt really justify their price did they? :)

Now if we would look at how much Toure cost ;D

_scorpion_

Established Member
Taozhe said:
When Wenger decided to splash out 10 million for an unproven french winger at the EPL, we all wondered if he should had gone and bought robbie keane who was one of the hottest prospects at that time ..... well look at tottenham now ... anyone remember that? :)

Henry has now developed to be one of the best strikers in the world. Wenger probably bought Reyes because he thinks its a good investment. He doesnt buy players for that amount if the risk was high. There is still a risk of a flop ... but chances are... it wont be that high ... imagine manure paying 30 m and 28+ m for Rio and Veron ... who didnt really justify their price did they? :)

Now if we would look at how much Toure cost ;D

Keep watching the value of Toure.....it will sky rocket if he keeps up the good work.

GunnerForLife

buying reyes and selling henry doesnt make any sense. wenger's aim is to strengthen the squad, not weakening it. if they had 20mil pounds to spend on a player, obviously they already in a safe financial situation. and im really intrigued to see henry/reyes partnership.

and i seriously dont think bentley would go anywhere else. wenger wouldnt let him go. its obvious that wenger thought about all the possible outcomes of this purchase. i think bentley would join aliadiere and reyes upfront as a center forward in the future.

vin de guerre

The Mini said:
After the sale of José Reyes is confirmed, we would know that we've put valuable money 'out of reach'. And what if Reyes is a Wiltord, good on paper but not as amazing everywhere else? There is a worry that we're short on cash for Ashburton Grove, if we have £380mil of the £400mil required, we've lost our chance (but we do have lots of spending money). Is there anything on us selling the name of the stadium like Bolton and the 'Gers?

Mini, have a little faith, Reyes will be the King (sorry for the pun).
Reyes is not Wiltord, he will be more receptive to Wengerball. Secondly, this will in no way affect Ashbirton Grove other than to improve our percieved value. If and it it is very likely we skip past Celta Vigo, Arsenal Football Club will be very much on course on stepping up the World footballing ladder.
To those who are now worried about the future of Paddy and Thierry, You have nothing to worry about as long as we progress in the CL and the finances for AG are finally confirmed.
The Future is clear- The Future IS Arsenal.

Anders Limpar

This was the most boring thread I ever read on Arsenal-Mania!!! How can any true gooner be a boring t**t today??? Do you want us diminish to where we were before Wenger??

If you don't enjoy this shut the f**k up and hide under the stone where your mother put you in the first place!!!

Cas we got José Antonio Reyes Superstar!!!

vin de guerre

If you want to see money pouring down the drain just look at the list below: (Admittedly number three however we dislike him was not money for old rope but the rest just make you wonder!) :eek:ops:

TOP FIVE PREMIERSHIP BUYS

1 £29.1m Rio Ferdinand: moved from Leeds Utd to Man Utd in 2002

2 £28.1m Juan Veron: moved from Lazio to Man Utd in 2001

3 £19m Ruud van Nistelrooy: moved from PSV to Man Utd in 2001

4 £18m Rio Ferdinand: moved from West Ham Utd to Leeds Utd in 2001

5 £17m Damien Duff: moved from Blackburn Rovers to Chelsea in 2003

quattro

for those still asking how we got the money and are we selling henry blah blah...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 80,00.html

' If we buy a player, it's because we can afford him. When we buy young players we make [the price conditional] on achievements, success and all that."

-Arsène Wenger

also:

Arsenal's vice-chairman David Dein flew to Spain on Monday to discuss terms with Sevilla's chairman José María del Nido before the fee was agreed yesterday morning. Though Del Nido was ecstatic over the sale, insisting the fee that was "way over the market rate" for a player who has scored only five times in 21 appearances this season, Arsenal have merely juggled their finances to get their man.

As part of the financing for the Ashburton Grove stadium, Arsenal were handed a £40m advance originally earmarked for repaying a £39m short-term loan from Barclays.

But it appears the club's progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League - and the draw against struggling Celta Vigo - have given them confidence that funds can be diverted for January transfers.

Phil

Wenger and Dein have taken a calculated gamble. They have released £9m of the £40m loan that completes the Ashburton Grove finance. The risk is that we will replace that £9m with a further 2 rounds of CL football this season, or at least qualify for the CL next season.

The papers are quoting £20m. That is the MAXIMUM fee, and is reliant upon Reyes getting 50 caps, and Arsenal winning the Quadruple for three seasons!

Remember, the information has come from Sevilla, who have to convey the image that they got a world shattering price for a much-loved, home-grown talent.

They have to speak and act as we would if we sold a Centre-Forward Ashley Cole. It is all about spin, and AFC rise above such shoddy activities.

Now Sp**s....they are signing Alistair Campbell.....and a press release from WHL says that Sp**s have won the League and Cup Double in the parallel Universe, and that David Pleat was only driving slowly through Luton's Red Light District because he was ministering to "fallen Women". He is a saint, that man.

satan_beckham

dont think its 20million, sevilla boss says its more than beckham,and beckham cost 25 million pounds..for all u know he could be the premership most expensive player,and i really think hes worth it and wont be like wiltord

Feis-al

What if you were a ManU fan and you realised you bought Veron for the much he costed, What would you post on the forum! I just wonder :!:

vin de guerre

Feis-al said:
What if you were a ManU fan and you realised you bought Veron for the much he costed, What would you post on the forum! I just wonder :!:
And what would you say about Mr ForgetfulFerdinand?

Gooner83

I seriously wouldn't worry myself about this transfer, if you have sky and watched La Liga you would know hes a class act.

The Mini

You see, I'm not as rich as you guys (and guyettes), I have to work for my money (well, my parents have to work), and I have minimal luxaries. So no Sky for me

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom