• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 26/09/06

M.Dot™

Dr_Gooner said:
What does everybody think about Theo's 10 minute cameo? We've only seen moments of raw talent from the past. Only time can tell. Only time can tell.

There was nothing good about this appearance.

IBL

Established Member
The whole defence played very well but MoM for me is the popular choice of Eboue. Not only did he set up the first goal with that excellent cross but he controlled that right hand side well, moved forward when he could, contained their attacking threat with very little problems.

athreya74

Gallas for me. He played a crucial role in setting up the second goal. Was solid in defence and seems to have a good rapport with Toure (did you see them giving high fives after a clearance). I also thought Hoyte looked far more comfortable yesterday and I discern that Gallas had something to do with it. So Gallas for me.

Running a close second are Titi, Eboue and Hleb. Honourable mention to Toure, Fabregas and Rosicky. RvP did his chances of cementing his place no good.

daniel

sabret00the said:
am i the only one that thinks these threads are pointless without the poll?
Nope... It would be nice to see a pool at theese kind of topics...
Then we could see what the result is without counting the posts one by one...
Not that I do so... :roll: :D

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I think for me, it would either be Kolo or Rosicky. Kolo was superb at the back, barely made an error, got involved in attacking as well, but mainly he bossed the defence, a real captain's performance in my eyes, clearing up other people's mess when they had got out of position etc.

As for Rosicky, he looked industrious, linked up play well, made some nice touches and also made some good tackles which he should not have been penalised before; overall he looked very classy.

Most disapointing performance would have to be RVP. Everyone bar him had a good game, shame that he did not seem to shine.

RammiXP

i think we should have it so mods can post polls for things like this. I miss being able to see who most of us thought were the best players. going through this its hard to get a clear idea sometimes as it can be quite mixed.

raphael_as

i think we should have it so mods can post polls for things like this. I miss being able to see who most of us thought were the best players. going through this its hard to get a clear idea sometimes as it can be quite mixed.
This being possibly the worst example of that particular thing so far this season with overwhelming support for Eboue ;)

We had 3 CL matches on yesterday in Cyprus. Needless to say Arsenal wasn't one of them. Bastards.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
tgr said:
henry
for the header. for the 50th. and for his assist

Surely you don't think he should be man of the match for sentimental value? :roll:

I don't think he was the best player on the pitch by any stretch of the imagination.

yy001

i advocate titi he did really good .Our captain you are the best not for sentimental value but for your good perfromance.COME ON!!!

stuart

Established Member
junialum said:
Eboue.

Where's Lauren gonna fit?

thinking the same thing mate! i wonder if either could play left back? id doubt it but would be amazing if either of them could!
after such a long injury lauren might never be the player he was! :(

eboue and toure - men of the match

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom