• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Juventus vs Arsenal | 05/04/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Eboue

• Flamini

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavio - gunner

The first leg for me. It would've been so different if they would've had an away goal in their pocket...
Ok, for last night Senderos. Great job from Gilberto too, and special mention to Cesc for pushing Lehmann when he was about to kick Nedved in the ground... 18 and pushing mad Jens, gotta have some guts.

Army of Me

Established Member
A real big-up ya self for the man with the biggest pockets in the world - Eboue. Last night Nedved joined Mutu and Robinho in the 'who the **** are you?' club.

But MOM has to be Senderos, you could almost hear him screaming "you shall not paaaaaaaass!" as juve tried in vain to score. Sol's got his work cut out for him if he wants to get back into this team.

Canuck

Established Member
All of the outfield players worked their socks off.

But if I have to raise on person above the others I choose Jens.
Imperious.

His play throughout every match for us has helped the back four play with confidence.

Over 180 minutes?

Hello all

Im a long time reader, first time poster on Arsenal Mania. Love all the banter you get on here.

Wondering who your man of the match would be if looking at both legs. Who would be your man of the quarter-finals?

Mine would have to be Eboue, retained the sky high standards he set for himself against Real Madrid. Mutu then Nedved, this man/legend in the making is destroying reputations by the game.

Gooner for 60 years

Big Phil got my vote but Manny ran him close. Someone said earlier that for a kid, Mannys doing a great job of destroying reputations. Nedved's frustration was very obvious. The potential of this squad...and most of them are still just kids is scary...let's hope this is the start of the new Invincibles.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
But he didn't even get listed in the poll for the first leg IIRC even when he had another blinder :roll:

In all fairness to the poll maker, in the first leg, there were many other players who deserved to be made man of the match over Phillipe Senderos, even though he had a good game. There are only so many options you can put in the pole in the end, and the more obvious were our forwards and forward playing players.
Thanks Gunner4Eva but there is and will always be one who comes out with this kind of comment :wink:

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
My point was you so easily overlooked Senderos for someone like Lehmann, who basically had **** all to do.

I made an issue about it as well in my reply to the first leg topic.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match for this game is Phil Senderos who has really grown into his role alongside Kolo Toure this season. Phil won the award with 42% of the votes; closely followed by Emmanuel Eboue who had 25% and German no. 1 Jens Lehmann who had 16%.

60095.jpg

Well done Phil

Next Up: Man Utd (a)

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom