• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 16/04/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Cole

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• van Persie

• Pires

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 3 – Blackburn 0

Goals: Pires and van Persie x2

Were in the finals thanks to goals from Pires and van Persie. Blackburn made a great start and managed to keep our possession to a minium but as soon as we found our way we didn’t look back.

They must have been watching the way Bolton play because I definitely saw some Bolton like tackles out there as well a van Nisterooy type tackle (the one on Ashley) on young Cesc.

Robin's too goals were very impressive although he paid for his brilliance with an elbow to the face.

45 passes- now that was just showing off :wink:

Lehmann was good today, made some important saves and got the ball at corners too.

Who was your MOTM? vote and leave a comment before Monday

tg :)

leongsh

Voted. Patrick Vieira gets my vote.

With Gilberto by his side in the match, he is free do what he can in midfield unlike when he has to cover the defense with Flamini and/or Fabregas by his side. Stood up to the rough game and 'special' attention of the Blackburn Rovers' midfielders.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I was so tempted to choose Robin van Persie, but uts tough. Surely he has a right to get named, but I just couln't pick him.

Therefore I chose Patrick Vieira. He was a thorn in Blackburn's side yesterday and showed what we want to see more of next season. He's truly an invaluable player for us.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Whoops, i forgot to tell you who i voted for.

Patrick had a great game and really showed his importance to us. The way he controlled the midfield and led the team forward was fantastic. So my vote goes to captain Paddy although Lehmann does deserve a mention as he had a very good game and made some very good saves also a mention for van Persie great goals and a good attitude out there today.

Canuck

Established Member
Gil, Paddy, Phil all had good matches.
Kudos for Kolo for working a goal.
Thank you Jens for "keepin' it real..."
Had to vote for RVP, two fantastic goals. Then the jack*** elbow after his 2nd. :roll:
It was good that people stood up to be counted when we were missing some key bodies.
Great Work, the Cup awaits.

Jinn

Established Member
Vieira - he was everywhere, winning the ball and pushing us forward in the manner of old. He didn't get in the physical nasties either, even after being fouled to death.

Paddy..Very good performence, doing what he does best, great to have gilberto back by him, class acts next to each other.

Was tempted tto say Senderos..Was very good, went to sleep alittle when dickov kept running through, but made up the ground and won the ball after.

koivu

Vieira at his top form is a treat to watch..and yesterday we were treated to an outstanding performance. Very commanding, MOTM without a doubt.

Van Persie deserves a mention for his amazing 10 minutes on the pitch but there was only one man of the match yesterday.

tbbosa

Paddy was immense, he is my MOTM without adoubt. He got kicked all over the pitch but responded well. Our back 4 plus Gilberto did so well. RVP also desrves a mention, he is maturing slowly, less of showboating and more of maturity! Basically the whole team did well, but Vieira was just above the rest!! Well done to The Arsenal....now I would like to get the Mancs..we owe them big time!

sabret00the

Established Member
I fully acknowledge the immensity of Patrick Vieira, for the first time in a long time I was more than proud to have him on the pitch for a full 90 minutes and with a more active right winger beside him I believe he would've been on the front end of everything special, he was without a doubt the hero who got us our first goal and thus managed to enable us to find our rhythm and for that I’m more than grateful.

But for me he was outshined, despite only being on the pitch for ten minutes, the Dutch wonder kid brought on to the field with him urgency and directness, something we were in critical need of, the only attacker who chose to press their defence constantly, he made a goal on his own thanks to a marvellous ball to his feet, he then set up a magnificent chance for Cesc and for all of that he wasn't ready to stop and so buried Pires's drag back, for me a star was reborn in Arsenal colours, now it's just a matter of seeing how brightly he can shine. And for all the shining he done against Blackburn, it hurt them, hurt them in a way that Todd felt the need to show van Persie, just how much physically.

Gurgen

Established Member
If Van Persie doesn't start on Wednesday, Wenger will lose a lot of his credibility as a manager for me.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gurgen said:
If Van Persie doesn't start on Wednesday, Wenger will lose a lot of his credibility as a manager for me.

Tough call, but I agree with you. Sort of...

Anyway, Vieira for me too. (No surprises there, then)

At the heart of everything good, stood up to a battering from Blackburn and was imperious in everything he did. Great stuff.

JazzG

Established Member
Vieira did well but there wasn't that many stand out performances apart from RvP's cameo. Everyone I thought put in a good solid performance.

Gurgen said:

All season RvP has shown he has quality, from that last gasp goal against Southampton to his super show in the semi finals. Problem is his best for us has come as a late sub, he has not look as good when starting so I can see why Wenger would leave him for late on.

cn174

I just picked Vieira - he was awesome in midfield I thought despite all the kicks we could throw at him ;)

asajoseph

Established Member
Can't argue with Vieira. And nor could the Blackburn midfield, despite their best efforts.

Immense, a tower of strength and professionalism, got on with the job, and a bloody good job it was too.

Van Persie, of course, deserves an honourable mention. Enough has been said about that guy already.

yao

Veiera for me, although RVP was great too. The reason is Paddy and others had done 80% of the job to win the game by the time RVP got on. I think most likely we would win anyway if RVP had not scored.

Mark

Established Member
I've been a heavy criticiser of Pires of late, but I'm surprised to see that, at the moment, he doesn't have a single vote. It was a big improvement from him, with a goal and an assist and generally involved in most of our good moves.

My vote still goes to Vieira anyway though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom