• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 16/10/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Cole

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Vieira

• Pires

• Reyes

• Bergkamp

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gash

Got to say it was Fabregas. I was at the game and you don't get to see on telly just how he dominated that idfield. He was everywhere and he is classy, one touch football, he put in some thunderous tackles too and he kicked off so many attacks. Paddy sat just in fron t of the back four and let Fabregas run the show. I'd love to see the Opta stats for the game, it seemed Fabregas got the ball every second pass. The guy is quite simply the best footballer there will ever be. To be 17 and dominate the way he did was incredible. The one tackle he stuck on their centre back (not mellberg but the other lumbering idiot) was just astonidhing, cleaned him out completely then stood up calmy with the ball and set Bergkamp off down the middle.

This footballer, ladies and germs, is something to behold. Mark my words, one the greatest footballers ever in the making.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i just downloaded the entire match and i think it was pires. he seemed full of energy and you cant argue with 2 goals. even the penalty was great. he planted it perfectly. cesc was also really good. the kid passes so effortlessly. i was very thoroughly impressed with him. its the first time i have seen cesc over an entire 90 minutes and he looked really good. has a good defensive side to his game too. the funny thing about it is that he actually LOOKS like a little kid, unlike shrek.

Pat's missing Gerbil

i always consider before voting for Henry because he is such an obvious choice. He was the best imho. typified by his reaction after the drag down by melberg on the break. Booking given. Henry did not react but ran away from the scene to be available for the quick break. He was in "killer mode". Great performance and as match of the day said it could have been 8-1

lewdikris

Established Member
Fabregas again for me. The stats are simple at the moment: every first team game he's played in we've scored at least three goals, and virtually every one of those goals he's played a massive part in.

Xabi Alonso was outstanding for Liverpool, and is an amazing passer of the football through the air. Cesc is more incredible in his passing because he plays incredibly precise passes along the deck - which is intensely hard.

The future for Spain's midfield looks ultra bright - and the second coming of Brady in the shape of Cesc Fabregas is magnificent to behold.

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
Fabregas again for me. The stats are simple at the moment: every first team game he's played in we've scored at least three goals, and virtually every one of those goals he's played a massive part in.

Xabi Alonso was outstanding for Liverpool, and is an amazing passer of the football through the air. Cesc is more incredible in his passing because he plays incredibly precise passes along the deck - which is intensely hard.

The future for Spain's midfield looks ultra bright - and the second coming of Brady in the shape of Cesc Fabregas is magnificent to behold.

Nah, I dont see Cesc as a Brady type player. I read somewhere a quote from a Spanish paper, saying that Cesc will become the next Zidane. I think that is a more accurate description. He seems to create his own time on the ball and do everything at his own pace, very Zidane like.

Anway, MOTM for the Villa game, Pires, Cesc, PV, Reyes, Dennis and Henry all played 10/10. I cant pick between them.

That performance was as close to perfect as I have ever seen. MY only worry is that it came a week to soon.

orion

Most difficult to call one player as this was a maqnificent team performance and without some wayward finishing and an excellent goalie against us we would have scored double figures.
I guess it would have to be Henry as he again made the difference being the chief executor in all of our goals, but I'm going to for Fabgeras this time around as he really deserves some merit. He is fast becoming the player that keeps amazing us with his, not just solid, but brilliant performances much like Toure did last season.
For a player of his age to totally dominate the midfield game after game in such a high style, is something I'm sure none of us could have imagined before the start of the season. What a player we have in our hands in him. He's another jewel in Wenger's crown.

beanz

Sol said:
Anway, MOTM for the Villa game, Pires, Cesc, PV, Reyes, Dennis and Henry all played 10/10. I cant pick between them.
That performance was as close to perfect as I have ever seen. MY only worry is that it came a week to soon.
You took the words right out of my mouth Sol, with the exception of the last part, the Mancs and Fergusmoan are already beaten mentally, as witnessed by the rantings in todays papers and as surely as night follows day, they'll also be beaten on the pitch next Sunday. :mrgreen:

KingReyes

Established Member
Henry just edges it for me, won the penalty, cool finish for the second and set up Pires for the third. And was dangerous most of the time he was on the ball. He just gets it ahead of Cesc who was onve again great in midfield.

Gurgen

Established Member
I can't really pick so I'll go for Dennis, for embarassing some defenders with step-overs and balls thought their legs :lol:

I always told you he can do the same fancy crap Zidane can do, he just doesn't bother most of the time ;D

leongsh

Sol said:
I'm going to be positive about this and say it was a rehearsal for the next EPL match. I would like Arsenal to celebrate their 50th unbeaten match streak with a commemorative 5-0 victory scoreline in that match :mrgreen:

tbbosa

Aussie said:
Henry by a bee's ****.

LOL.. :D

AW has made it a habit of unleashing a gem every season. Last season it was Toure, this year it is Cesc. So Next season who will it be.. Ptrick Cregg? or Sebastian Larsson? anyone?

towelie

i also thought flamini had a much better game than his previous outings. he looked like he had a point to prove

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Now you going to dislike me :D for me the man of the match is the goalkeeper and no not our Jans but their Stefan he was brillant and it was Stepfan who stopped us for going into double figures.
Now thats not so good for us, but I like to think Im fair , and thats why Stefan got my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom