• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 16/12/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Arsenal 2-2 Portsmouth
Adebayor
Gilberto

Great game in the second half and I thought we were unlucky not to win in the end. However, Portsmouth are a good team this year and obviously came here to do a job defensively as most teams will do.

I thought Gilberto was very good again. As a captain he seems to take responsibility in areas of his game we don't usually see such as driving forward, taking up wide positions and genrally making himself more available in other areas of the pitch. This doesn't affect his defensive role at all either.

I think Adebayor gets the MOTM though for another great game. Forgetting his goal and all round lively, skillfull performance, he genuinly changed the game for Arsenal and was probably the catalyst for what was a fine comeback.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Adebayor - drove at defense with determination and is undoubtedly our form player at the moment.

Why he didnt start is beyond me. Cost us two points tho -well done mr.wenger great decision.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Gunnergregharrison said:
Adebayor - drove at defense with determination and is undoubtedly our form player at the moment.

Why he didnt start is beyond me. Cost us two points tho mr.wenger and really pissed me off.

He probably didn't start, because he needed a rest.. And who knows what would have happened if Ade had started?

Ade for me as well.

Jameel46

Established Member
Gunnergregharrison said:

Why he didnt start is beyond me. Cost us two points tho -well done mr.wenger great decision.

who's to say that we would've won if he started, and Adebayor didn't play becuase of the Liverpool game, if Ade got injured there'd be no one to lead the line against Liverpool, it's a logical decision from Wenger and Ali was the only other striker, Ali did okay but the only reason it didn't work was because neither Ali or VP are capable of leading the line they both prefer to play off the main striker.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
if Ade got injured there'd be no one to lead the line against Liverpool

ali...he obviously thinks he can lead the line thats why he picked him.

Jameel46 said:
the only reason it didn't work was because neither Ali or VP are capable of leading the line they both prefer to play off the main striker.

so wenger made an error then? why play 2 support strikers when you have the strong adebayor? he must have been unfit....because I cant see any other reason for dropping him.

Jameel46

Established Member
bloody hell, firstly wenger wanted to rest Ade for the Liverpool game. secondly there was no one other than Ali to play alongside VP. thirdly the team could have gone ahead in the first half as VP had some good chances. it's not as if the team didn't have any chances when Ade wasn't on the pitch

gunnerGH

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
bloody hell, firstly wenger wanted to rest Ade for the Liverpool game. secondly there was no one other than Ali to play alongside VP. thirdly the team could have gone ahead in the first half as VP had some good chances. it's not as if the team didn't have any chances when Ade wasn't on the pitch

chill out kid, im not having a go at you.

1. He shouldnt need to be rested - he should be fine. How many games has he started in a row now before pompey ....3?
2. We SHOULD have gone ahead, but didnt. Maybe had ade started we would have scored and won - who knows. - didnt exactly look tired when he came on did he?

RC8

Established Member
Had Van Persie scored a goal he would have been on par with Ade, but Adebayor was simply more effective. Walcott had a great game too, but it was not until our Togolese striker came on that we clicked.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom