• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 29/12/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Cole

• Vieira

• Flamini

• Pires

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
Vieira worked hard and looked back to his old self again. But his first half was pretty poor (apart from the goal) so I'll give it to Almunia, who made some important saves. Finally a keeper who can block a shot. Watch and learn Jens.

KingReyes

Established Member
I'm giving it to Toure, he really looked at his best. Sol also looked solid and the work rate Vieira and Flamini was terrific.

Ratinho

Established Member
Flamini.

Oustanding work rate and composure, and still covering for the improving Vieira. 15 votes, but only three mentions for Vieira?? Thought he gave the ball away and dwelt on it an awful lot last night, to be honest.*

Toure second, and then Almunia for his sensational (and I don't go too far with that word) distribution.

*And no, I don't think we should have sold him, but i'll wait till he starts playing before I stick my tongue up his arse.

Aussie

Established Member
Its a tough one to pick. All players had their good patches and all players faded out at times.

RVP started very well and was really good in the first ten minutes however faded out of the game. However still looks like he can deliver a nice ball from a corner.

Pires had a good first half like most but then faded out.

Almunia was reallly solid. Made one very good save that looked to be going in. Vieira scored a very nice goal and wasnt to bad.

Kolo was really good. Sol had a downer but Kolo really stood up. Good to see him take charge.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Almunia is getting better as each game goes on. thats exactly the point i have made in other threads about pennant, if we were to see him in an extended run of starts like this we could see the real him.

anyway to the game, being a goalkeeper myself i will always side with the keeper so almunia gets my vote. solid game, reliable when called upon and 1 really brilliant save early off ameobi. it was so far wide of him that a goal kick was awarded as it was hard to believe he had saved it. i certainly didnt know until they showed a reply from behind. top save. getting better with each game.

JazzG

Established Member
Probably Toure

Can't understand why some have voted Vieira, thought apart from scoring at times he was very sloppy on the ball and got robbed quite a few times taking too much time on the ball.

Canuck

Established Member
Going with Vieira, on a day when the front line didn't manage to put one in, up steps Paddy and seals the points for us. Though credit to the whole team for not pissing away the slim lead in the 2nd half.

James

Established Member
Hard to pick out one impressive performance, as it was more of a team display

But my vote goes to Flamini. Yet again, he's come into the side and has given yet another impressive performance. Battled well, didn't lose the ball often and got from box to box. Great squad player.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kolo Toure without a doubt.

Absoloutly phenomenal display by the Ivorian - nothing went past him. Also made a few world class tackles at vital, vital stages in the game.

nidza7

Established Member
Flamini boy was just great.Only 20 playing like that uh!In 2 yrs. time he`ll be fantastic!IMO our middle of the park with Cesc and Mathieu has greatest prospect in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom