• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 05/11/06

RammiXP

Gilberto, the guy was great today, broke up play all day and deserved to be on the winning side, along with kolo.

Captain

Established Member
I can't decide upon a man of the match but for my money the two centre halfs were superb plus Gilberto.

A slightly lesser mention for Hleb too. He binds everything together and creates the game.

Lukazan

Established Member
Toure by a landslide.

Absolutely awesome, the best CB in the Prem and maybe the world.

Should shoot whenever he comes within 66 yards of goal tbh. :lol:

Viper

Established Member
Toure. As he was the only player battling on the pitch.

I just wouldn't think of life without him. His defensive contribution to this club is immense and perhaps in attack as well! Toure probably has the hardest shot in the Premiership, and is easily the best defender in the Premiership.

The only other player I'd think about is Clichy, who really impressed me today.

Christofaux

the Back 4 were all great today, with maybe Gallas having a few slip ups. Toure and Clichy would be my choice, with Clichy taking the pip because he offered us alot in both attack and defence.

BeijingGunner

I thought Toure was simply immaculate. He surged forward, he kept things tidy at the back and was MoM by a Sunday mile. He is better than Cannavaro and Ayala, making him the best 'small defender' in the world. Clichy is feeling his way back to form and fitness, and with Eboue back, we should have much more drive down the flanks. Marauding fullbacks stretch sides, letting Cesc and Rosicky pick passes through the gaps.

Cesc looks exhausted, Henry looks clueless and lazy. There is no point playing three creative midfielders if they have no runners to pass to up front. The most frustrating thing about the game was, when I saw Adebayor warming up, I knew Van Persie was going off. He hadn't done anything wrong, Henry wouldn't pass to him, and preferred to lose the ball than let Robin have it. I think I lip read Robin saying "why?" when his number came up. This was my reaction as well. Cesc or Henry would have been better players to sub off. Maybe Walcott for Cesc, with Theo on the left and RvP and Henry up top? The game was frustrating, as we just were a fraction off the pace throughout, and Henry did little to help that, Toure drove the team on and deserves to be the Skipper.

hoyden

BeijingGunner said:
I thought Toure was simply immaculate. He surged forward, he kept things tidy at the back and was MoM by a Sunday mile. He is better than Cannavaro and Ayala, making him the best 'small defender' in the world. Clichy is feeling his way back to form and fitness, and with Eboue back, we should have much more drive down the flanks. Marauding fullbacks stretch sides, letting Cesc and Rosicky pick passes through the gaps.

Cesc looks exhausted, Henry looks clueless and lazy. There is no point playing three creative midfielders if they have no runners to pass to up front. The most frustrating thing about the game was, when I saw Adebayor warming up, I knew Van Persie was going off. He hadn't done anything wrong, Henry wouldn't pass to him, and preferred to lose the ball than let Robin have it. I think I lip read Robin saying "why?" when his number came up. This was my reaction as well. Cesc or Henry would have been better players to sub off. Maybe Walcott for Cesc, with Theo on the left and RvP and Henry up top? The game was frustrating, as we just were a fraction off the pace throughout, and Henry did little to help that, Toure drove the team on and deserves to be the Skipper.
Walcott wasn't on the bench.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Toure by a billion trillion kazillion mile. Good defending, very strong and aggresive, even had that incredible shot on goal.

moodymooday

Toure. He did everything. Was a better captain than Henry was.

I was quite impressed with Clichy though. It's great to see him throwing himself into the challenges and not shirking off just because he's recently back from injury. Rosicky was not bad either, was gutted that his effort didn't go in.

Alfonso

Established Member
Toure. He was Desailly esk today. Very impressive.

One of a few Arsenal players left that has got balls!

qs

Established Member
Clichy. Good going forward and did more than his fair share in defence. Saved Gallas embarassment a couple of times.

Fab Fabre04

It was a decision between Kolo and Gilberto.

But I simply have to go with Kolo. A monster, without him it would've been a heavier defeat.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
toure...

even his shot was way closer to the goal than rosicky who only had green in front of him...

Biggus

Established Member
Arsène...I though he was going to belt Pardew....Go on son! That will put an end to those "french softy" jokes. I wish the team showed as much fight. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom