• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 13/12/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Wigan 0-1 Arsenal
Adebayor

Horrible first half but alot better in the second. The result is what matters in places like this and we certainly got what we came for albeit, maybe not as convincling as some would have liked.

Adebayor carried on his recent good form I thought and took his goal well. Apart from a few late mistakes I thought Clichy looked really good again aswell, both defensively and offensively. Fabregas only played 15 mins but that was enough for him to decide the game for us which puts him into contention as well.

Overall, though I will go with Sky Sports and pick Kolo Toure who saved us more than once from going behind. Djourou played well next to him, but it was largely Kolo's influence which allowed us to keep a vital clean sheet in a match where one goal was always going to win it.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Kolo Toure is a giant he is a colossus, of all the diamonds AW has unearthed Kolo must rate as one if not the finest. MOM :D

Jameel46

Established Member
Kolo Toure, unfortunately it's our defensive players who are standing out at the moment, hope to see a few VP specials against Portsmouth

Lord Dula

Established Member
Yeah Kolo for me.

Though I thought Clichy was mighty impressive - had the beating of their fullback everytime he raided forward.

****bags Freddie didnt!

RC8

Established Member
Had Ade scored more than once it would be him, but since he just scored one out of many chances, it was Toure's tackles that truly won us the game. The only mistake Toure made was corrected by himself immediately, and he was everywhere.

1. Toure
2. Adebayor
3. Fabregas (Created 3 goal threatening opportunities in 15 minutes... impressing.)

IBL

Established Member
Toure. A few minor errors that he thankfully corrected, one great block tackle.

KingReyes

Established Member
**** it, i'll give it to Clichy. Kolo was immense however Clichy was fantastic on that left hand side and looks to be improving both in defense and attack.

He was actually more effective going forward than Freddie :eek:ops:

gunnerGH

Established Member
Im going for clichy on this one. I thought he was positive, strong and linked up well when in forward positions. He has really improved since the last time I saw him have a run in the team. Well done lad.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom