• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 19/11/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• Pires

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Wigan 2 – Arsenal 3

Goals: Robin and Thierry x2

Wigan came back twice in the first half to shorten our lead, once at 2-0 and then at 3-1. The game ended 3- 2 to the Arsenal, which meant that we had secured our first away win in the league for the season. It was a tough match but we knew that going in due to Wigan’s position on the table. We move up to 4th, 11 behind the leaders.

My MOTM: The skipper was brilliant today and also secured the points with two brilliant goals. Special mentions to Cesc and Robin.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Monday.

TG

IBL

Established Member
Gonna be a little different today and vote Cesc. Probably his best performance of the season so far, composed and fiesty in the middle of the park, great assist for Henry.

Oh and a special mention to that promising player Henry who only scored two goals, one of those an awesome free kick.

Mark

Established Member
I'm also going to be different and give it to Cesc. Very good display in the middle of the park despite whichever c*nt it was who barged into him earlier on. Didn't let it unsettle him and he really did put in one of his best performances of the season. Excellent passing and generally solid.

Henry and van Persie were both great. Very dangerous strikeforce there. I hope Wenger continues to use it and isn't tempted to play Bergkamp there again.

Chicago

Kha0z said:
Henry, altho Cesc and RVP done well.

without a doubt, he got the two goals adn also set up others too, his feeding RVP, his clever backhell through De Zeeuw's legs to Cesc, he was absolutely ravenous today

invisibleman18

Established Member
cesc easily for me. was tremendous today, probably one of his best games for us. was commanding and every pass was inch perfect. top game from him.

Wenger14

Established Member
Has to be Henry. Was tempted to give it Cesc, but you just can't not give it to the skipper. RVP deserves a mention as well.

sabret00the

Established Member
As said in another thread with a bit of elaboration;

The game was played by 14 men and only three of them played for us on the day, it just so happens that those three were the ones that one the game. It's incredibly hard to pick between them; van Persie, Cesc and Henry. But the nature of the beast is that you have to pick. their was flair, class and drive, all on show from all three. Clinical passes, clinical finishing, infact if i hadn't no better i'd think the three were straight from surgery. all in all though, one person just edged it, it has to go Cesc, his tackling game was the best we've seen in the midfield all season and he provided the axis for the forward movement, Great players all of them, but the greatest on the day...just...Francesc Fabregas.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Glad to see Cesc being appreciated after this game. I thought he was brilliant, in fact i said to my mate about five minutes before Andy Gray mentioned it, so he must have been good.

Plaudits to van Persie and Henry (and how lethal do these two look together?) for their goals, but it's got to be Cesc, he made us play yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom