• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MOTM thread

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I cant see one here so this something I will try to do on a constant basis. I'd ask that everyone nominate three preferences for MOTM in order i.e. 1.2.3 and also nominate in reverse i.e. 11,10.9 their least likely MOTM. I would kindly like to ask the MOD's to close the thread 3 days after a match and I will tally the results over the season. Whomever you rank as your first preference will receive 5 points, 2nd 3 points and 3rd 1 point and the reverse for least favourite. I hope this approach will bring about a consistent analysis of players performances over a season. Please do not debate your picks on here but in the actual match thread.

Thanks.

My own choices

1/ Cazorla
2/ Arteta
3/ Diaby

11/ Gervinho
10/ Giroud
9/ Mertesacker.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Thanks Buhry for getting the format right. Dontpushme and Darkgunner could I please ask that you follow the same format. If you cant think of a rank just leave it blank

thanks.

Buhry

Established Member

1. Cazorla
2. Arteta
3. Gibbs

11. Gervinho
10. Giroud
9. Diaby

Cazorla looked a class above again, looked like the only player capable of creating a goal. Arteta did a very solid job defensively and didn't give the ball away. Gibbs did well defensively, his crosses were crap though. Also thought podolski did some good things and I thought our central defenders did well.

Gervinho was shockingly poor. Giroud was not great either, didn't retain possesion well. Diaby was pretty anonymous and gave the ball away too much as usual. Did some good things defensively though, not a terrible showing, tyical diaby performance really. Jenkinson was rather poor as well, contributed absolutely nothing going forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta
Gibbs
Podolski

were our good players today.

Gervinho was the worst.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Don't really see the point in naming the worst players.

Arteta clear MOTM for me.

1. Arteta
2. Podolski
3. Vermaelen

Yaya

Established Member
1)Arteta
2)Cazorla
3)Gibbs

11)Gervinho(Assuming the worst being 11)
10)Diaby
9)Giroud

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Gibbs for me, never stopped tireless running, if he can keep this up he'll have cashleys spot in no time ...

Flow

1. Gibbs: Cazorla was argualibly better, but Gibbs did nothing wrong today and was one of the key reasons why Stoke didn't score.
2. Cazorla: Altough he wasn't as good as he was at Sunderland, he's definately the best player ATM at the club. Thank God we got him.
3. Vermaelen: Looked the brilliant defender he once was again.
3. Mertesacker: Together with our new captain, he formed a world class CB duo today. Nice to have 3 top class CB's at the team.

Arteta played also very well and Giroud bullied Stoke's defenders. Podolski was class too sometimes and played well on the flank.

But...
10. Gervinho/Walcott, both looked not so great. We desperately need a creative player there who can cross. It would be great for Poldi and Giroud to get some crosses. Giroud is a fantastic header and Podolski has an amazing volley and can score the lay-offs of Giroud
11. Diaby. Worst player on the pitch. Sloppy defending, passing and didn't seem to care. Needs to be replaced.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Kroket said:
Don't really see the point in naming the worst players.
Fully understand that and if you dont want to nobody can force you to. However the point of this research, or whatever you want to call it, is to see how a player performs over a season. So at present Gervinho is sitting on -33 points whereas Arteta and Cazorla are in the lead with 26 and 25 points. Next week Gervinho could have a stormer and people forget how he performed the previous week and this continues throughout the season. Basically I am trying to get a subjective approach based on data which is ranked by A-M posters who have a vested interest in the team and performances.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Fair enough, good luck with that. It will be interesting to see how the players rank up over the course of a season.

draiocht fianna

bingobob said:
I cant see one here so this something I will try to do on a constant basis. I'd ask that everyone nominate three preferences for MOTM in order i.e. 1.2.3 and also nominate in reverse i.e. 11,10.9 their least likely MOTM. I would kindly like to ask the MOD's to close the thread 3 days after a match and I will tally the results over the season. Whomever you rank as your first preference will receive 5 points, 2nd 3 points and 3rd 1 point and the reverse for least favourite. I hope this approach will bring about a consistent analysis of players performances over a season. Please do not debate your picks on here but in the actual match thread.

Thanks.

My own choices

1/ Cazorla
2/ Arteta
3/ Diaby

11/ Gervinho
10/ Giroud
9/ Mertesacker.

1) Arteta
2) Mertesacker
3) Cazorla

11) Gervinho
10) Jenks
9) Giroud

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom