• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Music at highbury :

Choose from the following list of songs :

• Battle music from Gladiator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teletubbies say eh oh

• Mussorgsky - night on bare mountain

• REM - man on the moon

• James Bond theme

• NIN - head like a hole

• Sheryl Crow - All I wanna do

• Lighthouse Family - Ocean Drive

• The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love

• Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene part four

• Beatles - Happiness is a warm gun

• bjork - it's oh so quiet (quite pertinent)

• duran duran - ordinary world

• Total voters

reggiepaul

Of course they're all stupid ideas. That's the point apart from the Gladiators one. That I was more so serious about. I mean come on - teletubbies say eh oh? Although that would be funny, but that's the idea, funny ideas for songs - like Neighbours when Sp**s come around.

Just looking at a comical take if we played some weird tune before we went out. I don't like Good Old Arsenal though, it's just bland. Yes it has the word "Arsenal" in the song but that doesn't make it a good song that motivates people.

Right Here Right Now I like!

NB I want to know who are the two who voted for Oxygene part four??

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
The whole point of that song being used is that it is an Arsenal chant and is supposed to gee the crowd up.

We've had some pathetic songs for the team to come out to in the past, but with 'Good Old Arsenal' it's ours. Right here right now was used a couple of years ago and was absolutely crap to come out to. I'm sick to death of loud music being played at grounds which does bugger all for the atmosphere. Look at Cardiff, it's like being in a crap club when they crank it up, and is purely for tv consumption.

reggiepaul

I hate loud music as well. I think at some stadiums they blare out music and sound and you can't even talk to anyone. St.Mary's is like that but saying that the atmosphere there is amazing. I think it has something to do with the acoustics of the stadium but a lot of the locals go on and on about hearing the stadium roar during matchdays all across the city centre.

Good Ol' Arsenal does nothing for me. A round of Arsène Wengers Red and White Army remixed for the 21st century would be cool. We don't really have an actual song at Arsenal. Other teams have I'm forever blowing bubbles, you'll never walk alone etc etc. We have the Paddy song (by jesus said paddy, i sing it so well) but hardly anyone knows the words to that at the moment.

So I guess the Paddy song is ours.

"By Jesus Said Paddy I sing it so well
I think I'll get up and I'll sing it again
So Paddy got up and he sang it again
Over and Over and over again"

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think you'd be shocked how often that actually gets sung at away games, but I do love that one. Another great 'Gooner' song is the 'We know a song that gets on everybodies nerves'.

And as for not having an actual song at Arsenal.... er, Good Old Arsenal!

Funnily enough we were listening to the 7" earlier today.

The Mini

The Clash - London Calling or even Muse - New Born, get everyone completely hyped!

Or go obvious, Outkast - Hey ya

reggiepaul

ExiledInNewcastle said:
I think you'd be shocked how often that actually gets sung at away games, but I do love that one. Another great 'Gooner' song is the 'We know a song that gets on everybodies nerves'.

I've heard it a few times lately but not as often. I think there are a few people trying to pick it up again now. Hopefully it does because that'd wind people up but also it's something that you don't mind singing over and over again, as the song goes.

AFCG7

Established Member
Exiled..
we need to return the noise from the fans and the atmosphere to Highbury..
The Highbury i used to go to for almost every home game in the 80's was much much better than it is today..
In fact i think the so called atmosphere there is bordering on ridiculous sometimes...
How it will be done i dont know.. but i think our fans need to be re-educated in 80's style chanting and vocal support for our team.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
AFCG7 - As someone who started going regularly in the early 70's I totally agree, but playing loud music that drowns everything out is not the way. It's played for the tv audiences, no other reason. Cardiff, for intance, deafens you with crap music before and after matches. It's razzamatazz (sp) that does nothing for the atmosphere in the ground.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
The Mini said:
The Clash - London Calling

That would be ****ing brilliant, but as the Clash are sons of Sheperds Bush- QPR have pretty much cornered the market on Clash tunes.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Right Here Right Now, but the Good Old Arsenal remix is pretty dire, definitely agree the music could be a little, make that a lot, quieter. Does the tannoy bloke get on anyone else's nerves?

Especially good for night matches

Imagine the scene, the oposition come out first, then the stadium lights go off and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana :twisted: booms over the speakers. Then the lights come up and the Mighty Arsenal come out of the tunnel.

Pretentious, I know, but its enough to put the frightners on anyone!! :D

PS: No one sings to "Good Old Arsenal" so whats the point of keeping it?[/i]

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom