• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle vs Arsenal - Wed Dec 5th 7:45pm

GlasGreenGunner

air said:
I'm a bit late in saying this, but I'm a bit disappointed. I can see most of you are fine with the draw, I understand we were missing Cesc and Hleb, it was an away game, last season we would have lost etc. All true.

Just in my eyes we didn't play well and we didn't win so there's nothing to be pleased about. I hated these games last season, we had Baptista and Aliadiere up front, we created **** all and lost. I know we didn't lose this time and weren't half as bad as last season, but I still expected more from us going forward, even with the absences.

Obviously it won't matter if we string together three or four wins starting at Boro. We won't do it playing like this, we need to up our game for Sunday.

I agree with you for the most part mate.
Was disappointed as well.
Thought Arsenal got into some great positions and then made either the wrong choice or the final pass was poor.
Shame really as they weren't any great shakes and could have been killed off and had their 'great crowd' turning on them.
Thought Diarra and Gilberto were pretty poor, by certainly Gilberto's standards anyway. Both gave the ball away far too often.

Taylor should have been sent off for his challenge near the end as it was clearly obstruction. Yet fat chunt comes out with his usual crap moaning about the opposition.

Ah well, still unbeaten, and should be another easy 3 points against the worst of the North East teams.
C'mon the gunners.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lukazan said:
celestis said:
psycho said:
Lukazan said:
If Adebayor is even half as fast as the forum seems to think he's clearly too darn stupid to make use of it on a regular basis.
There are plenty of pacy players that don't use their pace. Why? cause its not a main part of their game.
Does it mean they are stupid aswell?
Sounds like a typical Ade hater remark.
He clearly isn't the fastest in the world, but he is fast enough. Can use suggest any other strikers in our team who should be starting and can match his pace?

For the love of God, nobody say Van Persie. You may think I am going over board but I have heard people say he is quite pacy :lol:

This is confusing , of course Ade uses his pace , he uses it all the time . That s what the man is about pace and power and mobility.

Yeah I was confused by that as well.... and even if it were true, there have been plenty of times Ade has, or atleast has tried to use his pace and hasn't looked that blistering to me.

Gooner T said:
When was the last time that you saw Ade getting caught up by a defender once he was away from them?

Muppets.

I'm not really talking about being away from a defender though, I'm talking about completely blitzing a defender with a turn of pace, from a starting position that's behind or equal to the defender. Never happens with Adebayor.

He's quicker than your average player, but he's no speed demon at all.

Gooner T said:
The Ade haters really are a * bunch... now that he is banging the goals in and they cant complain about that any more, they decide to criticise his pace????!!!

Love that bit.. like anyone who might want to take a dig at any of Adebayor's attributes is really going to be struggling because he's scoring so they're just going to have to start making things up. I mean, he's absolutely flawless in every other department! :lol: Sums up the view of Adebayor really.

I think he is quick Luka but the last few games he has made it bloody obvious to everyone in the ground what he is going to do next so he has already lost 5 yards to the defender.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom