• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle vs Arsenal - Wed Dec 5th 7:45pm

banduan

Established Member
Exactly. Top job refereeing. When he missed the blatant block on Ade, that was perhaps his only serious mistake of the game.

Calling it the worse case of refereeing this season is no longer hyperbole- but complete bollox.

vin de guerre

I think we all should take a deep breath and thank our lucky stars we dont have a w@*ker like fat sam as manager! Just imagine having to watch his style of fistball week in week out!

Dragon181

banduan said:
Exactly. Top job refereeing. When he missed the blatant block on Ade, that was perhaps his only serious mistake of the game.

Calling it the worse case of refereeing this season is no longer hyperbole- but complete bollox.

I have to admit that although I didn't like the refereeing, it was consistent and relatively fair. He booked Beye for a foul earlier, booked Diarra for obstruction, didn't stand for any diving/perceived diving, and allowed a fair bit of physical play to go on. I said in another thread that the way he was refereeing, I wasn't surprised the last two 'fouls' weren't called, and what I meant was that he allowed people to bump into each other and knock each other down quite a bit. It's a trademark of the English game that I'm not fond of (even though I've been accused of being overly physical in any sport I participate in, except for swimming...) because it disrupts the flow of the game and makes every game look like a slugfest.

But in the end, the referee was fair, even if he let them play and be overly physical for my blood. That being said, the two fouls at the end really were obstruction, with a 50-50 chance of being called judging from the way he officiated the game. He chose to let them play on, and you can't really fault the man for sticking to his principles there.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

It was a disappointing result last night, not because of the draw but the manner in which we achieved it. I think many people (myself included) believed that if we took an early lead then we would streamroller newcastle but this didn't happen in part due to notable absentees and in part due to missed opportunities.

I think I have finally worked out the enigma that is Emmanuel Adebayor. I think he is a pheonomenal athlete, fast, strong, relatively skillful and an instinctive finisher. What he lacks is a football brain of any sort.

The prime example of this was last night when there was a breakaway attack with Rosicky and Adebayor looking to put us two up. Rosicky was looking to play in Ade who was so far ahead of the defence there was no way that any linesman at any level could have failed to notice his offside.
Rosicky being the intelligent player that he is knew he couldn't play the ball so was forced to hold onto the ball and the move petered out. At which point Ade had a go at Rosicky for not releasing the ball.

Perhaps this was down to frustration but I believe Ade just wasn't thinking about what he was doing and just plays the game as he sees it which unfortunately is liable to go wrong on a regular basis given the type of football we play requires a modicum of intelligence.

The other example that has been mentioned was when Eduardo should have been played in, Ade literally just doesn't think when he is on the pitch, it seems everything he does is instinctive- like the strike against Sp**s, great goal but give him a one on one and he'll fluff it.

This isn't intended to completely belittle Ade in anyway, he has his place in the squad which unfortunately for him is destined to be on the bench. I think he could make an impact in games in the last 25 minutes when players start to tire or start games against lowly opposition but the natural air to the second striker role has to be Bendtner. When he comes on he tends to improve the team up front, especially in RVP's absence as he can intelligently link up play between midfield and attack. He perhaps isn't as fast as Ade but what he lacks in pace in his legs he makes up for with his brain.

In the times we are in when an intelligent player like Sheringham can play on into his forties Ade will be lucky to keep playing past his thirtieth birthday.

Illusion

Established Member
nidza7 said:
Fat turd speaks out of his arse again
Allardyce said: “They tried to overcome us by conning the referee a little bit. But thankfully Mike Dean didn’t fall for it.” Arsenal right- back Bacary Sagna was booked for diving in what appeared a blatant attempt to get Alan Smith sent off, after he had been booked earlier.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 550903.ece

Now, I am always trying to be honest in these situations and impartial. I will say that Sagna deserved a booking for that, he made the contact look worse than it was and earned himself a card, it should have been a foul based upon what Smith did, but Sagna earned himself a card instead.

However, to say we were trying to con the referee is absolutely ludicrous. You can watch that game repeatedly and see Newcastle players deliberately (that's the key word here for me) pushing our players, nudging our players, blocking our players, kicking our players etc. True, you can say physical game and all the rest of it, but in my opinion there is no reason why Rugby tackles should be used in football.

If a team wants to lunge in, be my guest, if a team wants to try and intimidate us with a commited style then go ahead, but you should be prepared for the cards and conceding of fouls that you will get as a result of it. Eboue is our only player who goes down easily, I will freely admit that, he sometimes looks for the penalty or foul, he's not been sucessful however. Last night many Newcastle players went down easily, which is even more strange since one minute they are going after every ball no holds barred and pushing our players around, next minute they are falling over like leaves in the wind? That is far more dodgy than anything our team has ever done and I'm tiring of hearing things like what Sam comes out with.

Someone at Actim should start counting professional foul, diving, simulation, ref abuse, ref manipulation and all the rest. I'm sure they would make very interesting reading come the end of the season.

Right now kids around the country and world are seeing professional stars deliberately pushing one another over (Campo style) everytime the opposition gets a chance of a counter attack, that is deliberate cheating and should be punished far more strictly than it is.

By all means use your strength to hold off a tackle or to try to win the ball, but a deliberate push or taking someone out deliberately should result in a yellow card far more often, and in some cases even a red.

I always end up frustrated during most games of ours, because our players tend to get just as many cards for blocking as the other team, when we don't really do it at all. Diarra last night is a good example, he barely did a thing, miles off the ball and fair enough, a foul, but not a booking. At the end of the game Adebayor was taken out deliberately, it was clear for all the world to see, but the ref didn't even give a foul for it. How can what Diarra did (hardly anything off the ball) be worse than what Taylor did to Adebayor? especially considering Adebayor was through on goal and Taylor was the last man, surely that's a sending off offence?

I would like to go to Sams office and play him some tapes with these kind of comparisons and see what answer he gives, because I can't see how even the most idiotic of people can't see the difference.

Mr Wolf

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
It was a disappointing result last night, not because of the draw but the manner in which we achieved it. I think many people (myself included) believed that if we took an early lead then we would streamroller newcastle but this didn't happen in part due to notable absentees and in part due to missed opportunities.

I think I have finally worked out the enigma that is Emmanuel Adebayor. I think he is a pheonomenal athlete, fast, strong, relatively skillful and an instinctive finisher. What he lacks is a football brain of any sort.

The prime example of this was last night when there was a breakaway attack with Rosicky and Adebayor looking to put us two up. Rosicky was looking to play in Ade who was so far ahead of the defence there was no way that any linesman at any level could have failed to notice his offside.
Rosicky being the intelligent player that he is knew he couldn't play the ball so was forced to hold onto the ball and the move petered out. At which point Ade had a go at Rosicky for not releasing the ball.

Perhaps this was down to frustration but I believe Ade just wasn't thinking about what he was doing and just plays the game as he sees it which unfortunately is liable to go wrong on a regular basis given the type of football we play requires a modicum of intelligence.

The other example that has been mentioned was when Eduardo should have been played in, Ade literally just doesn't think when he is on the pitch, it seems everything he does is instinctive- like the strike against Sp**s, great goal but give him a one on one and he'll fluff it.

This isn't intended to completely belittle Ade in anyway, he has his place in the squad which unfortunately for him is destined to be on the bench. I think he could make an impact in games in the last 25 minutes when players start to tire or start games against lowly opposition but the natural air to the second striker role has to be Bendtner. When he comes on he tends to improve the team up front, especially in RVP's absence as he can intelligently link up play between midfield and attack. He perhaps isn't as fast as Ade but what he lacks in pace in his legs he makes up for with his brain.

In the times we are in when an intelligent player like Sheringham can play on into his forties Ade will be lucky to keep playing past his thirtieth birthday.

Well said, mate!
And Rosicky was the invisible man yesterday, whereas Eduardo on the left wing played out of role.....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I know the media, pundits and people like fat sam have it in for us as were top and epitomise exactly what true football is

We dont have any english 'stars' so were bound to be on the receiving end and get the blame for england not qualifying, remember its "our" fault!!!

Now I just watch the match and dont really focus on the post match comments
Saves me from getting angry as we all know what theyre going to say anyway

Illusion

Established Member
The football365 mailbox has some interesting letters as always, some clearly written by absolute idiots who make me feel sad to be a football fan and others by people who may actually have a brain. Either way, it's always funny to read them.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm a big believer in the talents of Ade, but his goal aside, he wasn't very good last night. Not that he's alone in that.

That said, that we're having our first real post mortem of the season in the first week of December says everything about how far this team has come this season.

Final point about Ade is that the pace he has, until Robin and Nick get new turbo engines or Theo ands Eddy get a bit tougher, will see him start up front for the forseeable future.

Lukazan

Established Member
I don't even think Adebayor is that fast. I think his pace, like just about every single other area of his game, is hugely overrated by Arsenal fans.

I can't recall him ever running away from a player with the ball at his feet, or really eating up the ground and leaving a player for dead when chasing a ball either.

Legend#1

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I don't even think Adebayor is that fast. I think his pace, like just about every single other area of his game, is hugely overrated by Arsenal fans.

I can't recall him ever running away from a player with the ball at his feet, or really eating up the ground and leaving a player for dead when chasing a ball either.

He did it to Vidic at Emirates.

He's very quick.

Rohit

Established Member
Lukazan said:

He is very quick for a man of his size.

awooga83

Established Member
I'm not sure about his pace he has some but I think he often uses a trick to buy himself and extra yard, which is fine but its that tactic that misfoots a defender and allows him to get away, but when he is in straight running matches he doesn't really have an advantage.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Lukazan said:

I think you're wrong.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

RocktheCasbah said:
Lukazan said:

I think you're wrong.
So do I.
Sorry if it appears as if I am jumping on the band wagon.
Although I dunno about wrong, but I strongly disagree.

ricky1985

Established Member
I was just about to write that pretty much word for word untill I read your post.

Pretty much spot on as far as I am concerned.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

ricky1985 said:

I was just about to write that pretty much word for word untill I read your post.

Pretty much spot on as far as I am concerned.
I disagree with that aswell.
Thought he was off when he said "What he lacks is a football brain of any sort."

number_0

Established Member
Illusion said:
Now, I am always trying to be honest in these situations and impartial. I will say that Sagna deserved a booking for that, he made the contact look worse than it was and earned himself a card, it should have been a foul based upon what Smith did, but Sagna earned himself a card instead.

However, to say we were trying to con the referee is absolutely ludicrous. You can watch that game repeatedly and see Newcastle players deliberately (that's the key word here for me) pushing our players, nudging our players, blocking our players, kicking our players etc. True, you can say physical game and all the rest of it, but in my opinion there is no reason why Rugby tackles should be used in football.

If a team wants to lunge in, be my guest, if a team wants to try and intimidate us with a commited style then go ahead, but you should be prepared for the cards and conceding of fouls that you will get as a result of it. Eboue is our only player who goes down easily, I will freely admit that, he sometimes looks for the penalty or foul, he's not been sucessful however. Last night many Newcastle players went down easily, which is even more strange since one minute they are going after every ball no holds barred and pushing our players around, next minute they are falling over like leaves in the wind? That is far more dodgy than anything our team has ever done and I'm tiring of hearing things like what Sam comes out with.

Someone at Actim should start counting professional foul, diving, simulation, ref abuse, ref manipulation and all the rest. I'm sure they would make very interesting reading come the end of the season.

Right now kids around the country and world are seeing professional stars deliberately pushing one another over (Campo style) everytime the opposition gets a chance of a counter attack, that is deliberate cheating and should be punished far more strictly than it is.

By all means use your strength to hold off a tackle or to try to win the ball, but a deliberate push or taking someone out deliberately should result in a yellow card far more often, and in some cases even a red.

I always end up frustrated during most games of ours, because our players tend to get just as many cards for blocking as the other team, when we don't really do it at all. Diarra last night is a good example, he barely did a thing, miles off the ball and fair enough, a foul, but not a booking. At the end of the game Adebayor was taken out deliberately, it was clear for all the world to see, but the ref didn't even give a foul for it. How can what Diarra did (hardly anything off the ball) be worse than what Taylor did to Adebayor? especially considering Adebayor was through on goal and Taylor was the last man, surely that's a sending off offence?

QFT

I think all refs have the ration that a game should be balanced, if he was to give say 2 cards to newcastle he is gonna think: " i feel like i favoured arsenal alot, thats it! next arsenal foul earns a booking, that sure would make fat sam/fergie happy "

you could see that in most games fouls commited are one sided, but bookings made is usually equal if not more for us.

for example in the begining of the smith lunged at gallas from the back off the ball dangoursoly, that could have been a red card at old traford, but he was just given a preaching against us.
and whenever we commit a horrondous fould or error, teams and even refs think that they have the divine rights to get back at us by commiting worse.
last night those thugs never backed out from a tackle even though they were way far from the ball, yet the ref did absolutly nothing against them, you cant blaim them for continuely doing so, because they dont think there is anything wrong with it

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom