<

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by tap-in, Aug 2, 2020.

?

How many goals in all competitions?

1. <10

57 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. <15

73 vote(s)
    44.2%
  3. <20

21 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. 20+

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

stand by and stand down, drama queens... onwards and upwards.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Lots of people did. It was a slimy, insulting, non-apology tbh. Mentioning social media abuse totally ruined it. He never just admits fault.

254Giant and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Always the victim. What a captain he was.

4. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

We didn't draw the game because Pepe was red carded, regardless of what Arteta says.

He was foolish, lost his temper, it happens. The crime is the way we played as a squad this entire season.

5. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

That's a different can of worms. When the people are booing you and saying **** about your family, you'd tell them to **** off too.
    He didn't have to apologize for being harassed by the fans imo.

Meanwhile, Pepe did a dumb move in the year of our lord VAR and left his teammates doing extra work to not lose the game. Shows how immature he is at 25, ffs.

kash2 likes this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

And you thought you had nothing in common with him :eek:

7. Jury

I dont want to go over the nuts and bolts of that incident again, so I'll just point to his crappy 'apology'. 'Sorry, but...'. Worthless.

8. Jury

Eh? o_O Dad... is that you?

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Without passing any judgement on whether he is in the right or the wrong. That is objectively not an apology.

10. KrissKringle

Like I said, he didn't have to apologize in the first place. He was the one getting abused.

11. WilshereGone

WilshereGone Active Member

Honestly. If Alioski stands like a man we're not even talking about this. He's apologised, no reason for Arteta to hold this against him.

DanDare likes this.
  12. KrissKringle

That's not why he got sent off. Refs don't always give red cards for hard fouls. They do it when there's unsportsmanlike behavior, which is what Pepe did.

A defender can rent space in your head and it's up to you if you want to kick him out or let him stay there the whole game.

13. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Still find it hard to accept that was a red card offense. Isn’t simulation an offense as well? Xhaka’s mate should have been booked for diving as well with the benefit of VAR.

EmeryCouldnt and CaseUteinberger like this.
  14. Jury

Intention, apparently. Vieira kicked out at Van Nistlerooy while lying on the floor and missed him by about a yard, but got a red for that. The law hasn't changed since.

15. WilshereGone

WilshereGone Active Member

You're 100% right, but everyone snaps sometimes. It's not like this is a regular thing from Pepe. People make mistakes.

16. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

You can also add "On those moments, you can use the excuse that someone has thrown the game away, or you can react and show resilience, ambition and character and belief that you can still win the football match, and that's what the team did tonight."

Again when talking about the team he throws another jab at Pepe. You would think Pepe had done something no other player has ever done. It was his first ever red card. Surely you can make a mistake? even if it is a silly one.

Arteta of all people should know what can happen when an opponent exaggerates contact. He was once send off playing for Everton against us. He accidentally or intentionally hit Fabregas in the face with his arm. Fabregas started rolling around like he was shot and the ref bought it. :lol:

17. KrissKringle

I understand, but he was already out to prove himself and blew it big time with that sending off.
    Some of these players need to have a psychologist at the club to help them control their emotions better.

18. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Regardless of his moment of madness he is ****. If he was consistent and a player we have to start I would not mind the card. He is a flop. Said it last season.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

It just shows how Pepe lack focus to play at the highest level. He gets his chance and decides to use it to risk a red card for the first time in his career for action that has nothing to do with football.

People are trying hard now to victimize Pepe but I think Arteta is right, he let his team down but hopefully, he knows deep inside he let him self down big time here.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    KrissKringle likes this.
  20. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

I defended Pepe right up until yesterday but the reality of it is that when the most intensity you've shown in your Arsenal career is the absolute nonsense he pulled yesterday, that's kind of all you need to see. Players can learn to be more tactically astute with experience and coaching. Players can improve their technique with work. If you're wishy washy and languid, that doesn't tend to change. You don't wake up one day with intensity you didn't have before. I don't really care that the little rodent made a meal of it. That's immaterial. You've got a good chance of getting your marching orders for it even if he doesn't go down like he was shot with VAR being what it is. He has the physical tools to be a good player. What we were waiting on was his brain and heart catching up. Neither look too interested in doing so unfortunately. We wasted a ton of money on yet another dud signing.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.