• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nike Mercurial Vapors - Beware.

tox

Adam said:
Jinn said:
Adam, use a bandaid.

I think i'll need those pressure pads. Band aid technically is like wearing another sock, which i have been doing. An insole, small size boot, and pressure pads should do the trick. Hopefully.

that should do the trick, how many times have you played in them now?

Adam

Established Member
Only once, and took them back because of the blister - going to get a new pair, try those methods, and basically risk it.

tox

Im sure you know this, but i'll say it any way. With the majority of football boots, you will get blisters the first couple of times you play, unless they are copa mundials, which didn't give me any blisters 8) . Try wearing them about the house, that can help.

Normally the blisters will fade after your first couple of games, but Ive seen it happen where they just remain painful, but i have only ever seen this with Preds, and boots that are just too small for the foot.

Adam

Established Member
With the vapors its a bit different due to the design of the back of the boot - not enough cushioning, but if you get a perfect fit then your foot wont cause friction against the back. If you get too small a size- then you get blisters from it being too tight.

torgrim

loyan_said said:
lol. What kind of player. I have to like how my shoes look don't I. If i'm going to spendt £150 on a pair of boots they better be good (playingwise) and they had better make me like how they look.

Two things are important for me:

1. Grip, I never want to slide or slip when I run or turn.
2. I prefer studs that hurt my opposition when I stamp them.

Jinn

Established Member
Adam said:
Slippery sounds good. Reducing the friction. Nice one!

Yes, the point is to reduce skin rubbing. Anything you can find that will stop that should help.

teengooner

I wear the nike Mercurial Talaria which are the cheaper, supposedly "fake" vapors at £55. I have had them for 3 weeks and where them 3 times a week, but no problem has arisen as yet. They seem to be good value for money - but the joy of blisters is still to come....

teengooner

If the vapors arent for you then I would personally go for the new Adidas Predator Pulses. Are very comfortable and you can really get a good strike on the ball. Bit expensive though - £85 for sizes over 8

Adam

Established Member
I went for the new total 90's, and they are very comfortable and strike the ball well. They have zoom air, and the studs on the firm ground versions give you alot of control over the ball when using the base of the boot. They are light, and the acceleration is similar to the Vapors.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom